Windows 10: how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10

Discus and support how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10, what do I need to do to complete this successfully?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SheriLangsdorf, Apr 12, 2019.

1. how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10

I need to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10, what do I need to do to complete this successfully?

:)

SheriLangsdorf, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically, a new motherboard constitutes a new computer and if your current copy of Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you need to buy a new W10 license. While the process may allow you to activate Windows 10 that was an upgrade, that does not make it legal to do so.

The current free Windows 10 program is only for people who currently have a legal copy of Window 7 or Windows 8.1 installed on their systems. And those upgrade licenses are NOT legally transferable to new computers.

If you purchased a full retail W10 license separately for your current computer and wish to install this W10 on this new computer, you can legally do that as long as you uninstalled it from the old computer.

Windows system builder licensing for personal use

The good new is, once you buy a new Windows 10 license, you can transfer it to a new computer as many times as you like. So this would be a one time purchase.

Bill_Bright, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Rob4642 Win User

how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10

Need help with transferring Windows 10 to new PC

*Nevermind I figured it out. I just bought a license key for $29.00. Thx though.
    So my friend asked me to build him a new computer for work. The last one I built him was during the windows 7-10 upgrade grace period. I used to load windows 7, use windows loader to put in a product key, activate it, then upgrade to windows 10. Now that the grace period is over, and I'm working with new hardware, I was wondering if it is possible to install windows 10 from an already functioning computer that operated on a sata SSD to a new computer with an m.2 nvme SSD, using just the product key from the current windows 10 off of his computer. I use a program that grabs the product key called ProduKey.
    Should I do a fresh install of windows 10 using his key after deactivating it from his current PC , instead of cloning drives correct? It would be nice not to have to pay microsoft $200 for windows 10 if he already has it and plans on not using his old pc anymore.

Rob4642, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10

1. how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10 - Similar Threads - transfer files old

2. transferring windows 10 from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transferring windows 10 from old to new computer: Hi There, my old computer is packing it in, so i have got a new one. want to know if i can download windows 10 and use my product key to activeate in on the new computer or do i have to buy windows 10 again?...
  3. How to transfer Files from Old Hard Drive to new Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer Files from Old Hard Drive to new Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]Any newly purchased PC lets you zip through different tasks quickly and do other […] This article How to transfer Files from Old Hard Drive to new Windows 10 computer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. File transfer from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File transfer from old to new computer: How do you easily transfer files from an old computer to new computer in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-to-new-computer/d2deafdb-e993-4441-b34c-612ae5d2e329
  5. Transfer Files from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Files from old to new computer: How can I transfer files from my external hard drive to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-old-to-new-computer/d3888df2-0288-4252-89c8-13c74ec0d862"
  6. Windows and Office transfer from old computer to new computer

Windows and Office transfer from old computer to new computer: Dear Team, We want to confirm is it possible to shift windows 10 and Office 2016 transfer from old computer to new computer. Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-and-office-transfer-from-old-computer-to/961f28f8-c642-479e-bf78-d8e42b90447b"
  7. Windows 10 - how to transfer files from old computer to new computer.

Windows 10 - how to transfer files from old computer to new computer.: How do I transfer files from my old computer to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-transfer-files-from-old-computer/c7df1c0d-01ef-4141-8035-00a78a885c9d"
  8. Transfer Windows 10 license from old dead computer to new computer?

Transfer Windows 10 license from old dead computer to new computer?: I have an old computer that died, which was running Windows 10. I have another computer that my dad gifted to me, but I want to transfer the license from my old computer to the gifted computer. Unfortunately, I don't know where I stored the old Windows Product Key. I've...
  9. transfer files from old computer to new

transfer files from old computer to new: transfer files from old computer to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f49e2618-aa29-457b-b562-ff7d6117fbaa"
  10. Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer: How do I transfer files, folders, and settings from an old computer to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/transfer-files-and-settings-from-an-old-computer/facae362-357b-4611-ac5f-9282d0a8f75e