Windows 10: How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?

Discus and support How to transfer files/programs for a new user account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! If I want to create a new user on my PC, what determines what files and programs that transfers from my main admin-user to the new user? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ReactedLizard, Jul 5, 2020.

1. How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?

Hello!

If I want to create a new user on my PC, what determines what files and programs that transfers from my main admin-user to the new user? I created a new user on my computer and some programs and files came with it and some didn't.

submitted by /u/ReactedLizard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ReactedLizard, Jul 5, 2020

2. How do I transfer Programs between Users?

I've had to create a new User on my Windows 10 Laptop as I have just changed e-mail addresses.

I have various applications like Adobe Photoshop CS6 and The Sims 4 (downloaded from Steam) and lighter programs such as Spotify.

Other than having to uninstall and reinstall onto the new User, is there a quick and reliable way that I can transfer these programs from my original User Account to my new one.

• Both User accounts are registered as Administrators
    • I have already transferred my ordinary files from Document, Pictures, Music, Video etc. and this is not as easy, as I can't seem to access the Program Files from the Local Disk (CHow to transfer files/programs for a new user account? :) of Account #1 from the explorer in Account #2.
    Thanks a million,

Drevilas Void

P.s. Email Spam is literally the devil.

DrevilasVoid, Jul 5, 2020
  3. How to transfer files and programs from one user to another on Windows 10

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for posting back.

Try the following steps to move file from one user account to another.

• Since, you have admin privileges, you can access all the folders and files on the computer.
    • Press Windows Key + E and go to C:\Users.
    • Click on the Account that you want to copy the files from.
    • Right click on the Folders (and/or files) and click on copy.
    • Now, go to the new user account folder and paste it. Repeat the steps a needed.

Hope this helps you. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 5, 2020
  4. How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?

Transferring programs and files

Hi,

I would suggest doing both, transfer first all the program and files to an external hard drive to assure that you will have a backup and not lost program and files then transfer it to new. If you only need to transfer or move the program files and not
    the program itself, you can locate the folder file that contains all of the program information and copies it to an external drive. If the program will not operate from the external hard drive, it is tied into the computer registry of the initial computer
    and cannot be circumvented. If that is the case, only the data files for the program can be used from the external drive.

If you have further question feel free to post.

Renaldo cru, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?

1. How to transfer files/programs for a new user account? - Similar Threads - transfer files programs

2. File and program transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File and program transfer: Hi,I am using a ten year old computer running the latest version of Windows 10. I have just purchased a new computer with Windows 11 installed. What is the best way to transfer all my Files and Data from the old computer to the new one. I have a program on my old computer...
  3. File and program transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File and program transfer: Hi,I am using a ten year old computer running the latest version of Windows 10. I have just purchased a new computer with Windows 11 installed. What is the best way to transfer all my Files and Data from the old computer to the new one. I have a program on my old computer...
  4. How to transfer files to a new user but on a different drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer files to a new user but on a different drive?: This was previously on a different question segment thing before, but based on how long previous replies have taken I would rather ask a whole new question now than wait a few days for an answer...
  5. How to transfer files to a new user but on a different drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer files to a new user but on a different drive?: This was previously on a different question segment thing before, but based on how long previous replies have taken I would rather ask a whole new question now than wait a few days for an answer...
  6. transferring files between user accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring files between user accounts: How can I transfer my files apps and files in my administrator account to the local account i use now? i have tried to copy the account but i cant because that account is an administrator account and it can't be copied to any user account. help me to solve this problem....
  7. file and program transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file and program transfer: what is best way to transfer files and programs from windows 10 computer to new windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-and-program-transfer/5b7ef86c-ff6d-47fd-9b3c-b86af5353ac4
  8. Computer files programs transfer old to new

Computer files programs transfer old to new: What is the best way to install all files and programs from Windows 8 computer to new Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-files-programs-transfer-old-to-new/2d5411a1-bd7f-4c77-b96d-36828f2f3f5d"
  9. transfer files and programs

transfer files and programs: How can i transfer files and programs from one windows 10 pc to another windows 10 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-and-programs/aa5405e0-91ea-4d2b-970f-fd6b579f7f18"
  10. Can You Import Settings, Programs and Files into a new User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can You Import Settings, Programs and Files into a new User Account?: I think all the issues I am having with W10 are user account based. Under Users on the C: drive, I have two Users being shown. I have no idea how that happened. I tried to figure out which one Windows was using, which I thought I did and deleted the other one (names it...