Windows 10: how to transfer friles from one computer to another

Discus and support how to transfer friles from one computer to another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do you transfer files between computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kenneth Doane, Feb 18, 2020.

1. how to transfer friles from one computer to another

how do you transfer files between computers

:)

Kenneth Doane, Feb 18, 2020
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Feb 18, 2020
  3. DavidY Win User
    Is the free upgarde transferable? I think not.

Hi Kari,
    Can you confirm that the computer at step 5 (I numbered your list *Wink ) had never had an activated Insider build (especially not 10240)?

I'm wondering if it was possible that the second machine activated because the activation servers recognised the hardware from an earlier activation, and not because of the method you used to transfer?

DavidY, Feb 18, 2020
  4. how to transfer friles from one computer to another

Sms transfer to computer question nokiaN70

I found some guys in the forum have problem with backup sms from mobile to pc. Now I found third party software for Windows Mobile Phone to transfer SMS to your desktop computer. Here is the user’s guide (4 main Steps)

1. Download the third party software and Install it

2. Transfer the SMS from your mobile to PC

3. Manager your SMS on your desktop computer

4. Restore SMS from pc to mobile

1.Download the third party software and Install it

Step 1 Download the
    http://www.emaildigger.com/product_detail.php/pid/22132-1/pa/GodswMobile-SMS-Transfer
    " TARGET="_blank">SMS Transfer Tool

Step 2: Unzip the file you downloaded just now and copy the installation file "GodswMobileSMSTransferSetup.CAB" to your mobile device. You may need to connect your device to a host computer using ActiveSync. You can also transfer the file using a memory card.

Step 3: On your device, navigate to the location of the CAB file using File Explorer. Click on the CAB file (displayed as the following screenshot) and click "Install" to begin the installation.

New window

Step 4:Now installation completes. Select "OK" to continue.

New window

2. Transfer the SMS from your mobile to PC

Now let’s use the software to finish the transfer job.

Step 1: Click "start" and then select programs. You will see the follow screen

New window

Step 2: Select the “SMSTransfer” in your mobile programs list to run it. You will see the follow screenshot

New window

Step 3: Click on "Backup Messages" in the main interface to backup you SMS messages in mobile phone. You will see the follow screenshot

New window

Step 4: Decide the file name, file format and location (The default setting is OK) for your SMS file and click on "Save" to start to backup process. You will see the follow screenshot.

New window

Step 5: After backup completes, all the SMS messages has been backup in a file on your phone. You can save it in your memory card or transfer it to your computer easily by ActiveSync.

New window

3. Manager your SMS on your desktop computer

Step 1: Transfer the SMS backup file from your mobile phone to computer by ActiveSync first. Then run the "SMSTransferManager.exe " from the zip file folder in your computer. You will see the manager main window as below

New window

Step 2: Click “File”->”Import” and select the backup file to import your sms message to the SMS Transfer Manager.

New window

New window

Step 3:You can see all your backup sms in your computer with SMS Transfer Manager Now!

New window

Also, you could delete some of the messages and export the sms to a new file and restore to your mobile phone.

4. Restore SMS from pc to mobile

Before backup, the mobile phone do not have any messages as a brand new phone.

New window

Step 1: Click on "SMS Transfer" in programs list to run it.

New window

Step 2: Click on "Restore Messages" in the main interface to save your SMS messages into mobile phone.

New window

Step 3: Select and click on the stf file to be restored.

New window

New window

New window

After Restore Succeed. You will see all you message come back to your phone now!

New window

Free download
    http://www.emaildigger.com/product_detail.php/pid/22132-1/pa/GodswMobile-SMS-Transfer
    " TARGET="_blank">SMS Transfer

god123---01, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

how to transfer friles from one computer to another

1. how to transfer friles from one computer to another - Similar Threads - transfer friles computer

2. How do I transfer everything from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer everything from one computer to another?: How do I transfer everything from one computer to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-everything-from-one-computer-to/7d829b7f-8d21-4460-ab92-64de37e0d9cf
  3. How to transfer everything from one Windows computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer everything from one Windows computer to another: I recently got a new Asus VivoBook and I thought everything would switch over from my old one but nothing has. I am signed in under the same account, they are both Windows 11, and I have selected all of the "remember my preferences" settings on both computers but still...
  4. How to transfer everything from one Windows computer to another

How to transfer everything from one Windows computer to another: I recently got a new Asus VivoBook and I thought everything would switch over from my old one but nothing has. I am signed in under the same account, they are both Windows 11, and I have selected all of the "remember my preferences" settings on both computers but still...
  5. Data transfer from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data transfer from one computer to another: My husband and I have Lenovo laptops. I need to move his data to my laptop and my data to his laptop. Please help. Thank you Also, I think my computer was updated to windows 11 but when it was purchased, it had windows 10 on it....
  6. Data transfer from one computer to another

Data transfer from one computer to another: My husband and I have Lenovo laptops. I need to move his data to my laptop and my data to his laptop. Please help. Thank you Also, I think my computer was updated to windows 11 but when it was purchased, it had windows 10 on it....
  7. Transferring Data From One Computer to Another Online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring Data From One Computer to Another Online: I need to know how to quickly transfer files from one computer to another via the Internet. I have been using Google Drive by loading files onto Google Drive on one computer and then downloading them from there on another computer. But there may be a method which is quicker....
  8. transfer microsoft from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transfer microsoft from one computer to another: We just upgraded our computer and would like to transfer the program account to the new one. How do we download microsoft to the new one. Our account does not expire until this spring. Thank you....
  9. how do i transfer photos from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i transfer photos from one computer to another: how do I transfer pictures from one computer to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-photos-from-one-computer-to/afe8149b-2a36-4fd9-b5b8-3e844345797a
  10. Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another: I have an old computer that has win 10 on a SSD. I'd like to transfer the old SSD to a completely new rig and get rid of the old hardware. How do I do it?...