Windows 10: how to transfer harddrive to ssd

Discus and support how to transfer harddrive to ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to transfer harddrive to ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robertleetz, Dec 6, 2019.

1. how to transfer harddrive to ssd

how to transfer harddrive to ssd

:)

robertleetz, Dec 6, 2019
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile how to transfer harddrive to ssd :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 6, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Transfer System disk image to SSD

Here's my suggestion: Connect the SSD to the PC.

1. Download: Macrium Reflect Free and install then run.
      IMPORTANT: click on the 1st icon on the top left to create a Macrium Rescue disk (using USB or DVD)
    2. Open Disk Management and make sure the SSD is disk 1.
      From Admin Command, type:
      diskpart
      select disk 1
      clean
      exit
      exit
    3. From Macrium, The disk with Windows currently running will have the partitions as shown in your screen shot above. Click on Clone this disk...
      A Windows popup, click on select a disk to clone to...
      Click on the SSD
    4. Select the 100MB "System Reserved", drag and drop to the destination (SSD)
    5. Select the 60GB "C Drive", drag and drop to the destination(SSD) next to the System Reserved
    6. Click Next->Finish
    7. Once done, shutdown, disconnect the HD and connect the SSD Only
    8. Boot up with the Macrium Rescue disk created in step 1.
    9. Once booted, click on "Fix Windows boot problems" and follow the instruction to complete.
    10. Remove the Rescue disk and reboot.

topgundcp, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

1. how to transfer harddrive to ssd - Similar Threads - transfer harddrive ssd

2. Harddrive got locked after installing SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harddrive got locked after installing SSD: Hello All, I have ran into a problem yesterday. My 4 year old Dell Inspiron 5480 laptop was slow and I had to install SSD to improve the performance. But after installing the SSD and selecting the same for booting, my old HDD got locked. Now its asking for bitlocker key, but...
  3. BSOD while transferring files to external harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while transferring files to external harddrive: Hi, I’m on windows 10, and i’ve been trying to transfer about 450 gigs of files to my external harddrive. It works well for the first minute or so, the transfer speeds are at 80-150Mb per second, then it slows down to like 500kb/s then it just blue screens my computer. Does...
  4. BSOD while transferring files to external harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while transferring files to external harddrive: Hi, I’m on windows 10, and i’ve been trying to transfer about 450 gigs of files to my external harddrive. It works well for the first minute or so, the transfer speeds are at 80-150Mb per second, then it slows down to like 500kb/s then it just blue screens my computer. Does...
  5. BSOD while transferring files to external harddrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. ssd to ssd windows transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ssd to ssd windows transfer: I have a prebuilt pc, and I want to buy a new ssd and have windows on that, my current ssd that has windows I do not want the other stuff on it or to copy it, I just want windows on my new ssd....
  7. Transfer harddrive from one PC to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer harddrive from one PC to another.: Hello, I am building a new PC currently. The only component I didn't purchase was a new harddrive. Is it possible to transfer my current one 1TB SSD, w/ Windows 10 installed to the new computer without any hiccups? Thanks in advance!...
  8. Transfer of files from external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer of files from external harddrive: I have a Fantom 1TB external hard-drive connected to my PC which is running Win10 with everything updated to the latest specs. Equipment is in good working order and all cables have been checked. I have tried turning everything off and restarting. I have done everything...
  9. Transferring photos from laptop to external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring photos from laptop to external harddrive: How do I transfer the photos I currently have on my Photos library on my laptop to my external harddrive? There doesn't seem to be an option I can press that allows me to do this. Thank you....
  10. transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd: I'm trying to transfer my operating system from my hard drive to my disk drive but mi having issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-factory-operating-system-from/cb554faf-e7ed-4d63-9505-249104f37a8b