Windows 10: How to transfer my husband's account to my name

Discus and support How to transfer my husband's account to my name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My husband was an account holder. He has died and I wish to transfer the account to my name. The subscription has been paid... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Trevor David Richmond, Apr 19, 2023.

1. How to transfer my husband's account to my name

My husband was an account holder. He has died and I wish to transfer the account to my name. The subscription has been paid

:)

Trevor David Richmond, Apr 19, 2023
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 19, 2023
  3. Kari Win User
    Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

4. How to transfer my husband's account to my name

Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Apr 19, 2023
Thema:

How to transfer my husband's account to my name

1. How to transfer my husband's account to my name - Similar Threads - transfer husband's account

2. I need help with this account. The account was/is in my husbands name and he passed away...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with this account. The account was/is in my husbands name and he passed away...: My husband passed away on 6/1/2023 and the account was in his name. I need to update the information on the account and remove his phone number. Also I cannot access my EMail at this time I have no idea what the account number is and I need to change my password to something...
  3. I need help with this account. The account was/is in my husbands name and he passed away...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with this account. The account was/is in my husbands name and he passed away...: My husband passed away on 6/1/2023 and the account was in his name. I need to update the information on the account and remove his phone number. Also I cannot access my EMail at this time I have no idea what the account number is and I need to change my password to something...
  4. Cannot manage my account in Windows 11 - my login is linked to my husband's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot manage my account in Windows 11 - my login is linked to my husband's account: I've just got a new Windows 11 PC. I set up my account with no problem and then set up my husband's account on the same PC. That seemed to go OK but then we decided to keep our accounts separate so I deleted my husband's account. Now when I log in using my user name & PIN and...
  5. Cannot manage my account in Windows 11 - my login is linked to my husband's account

Cannot manage my account in Windows 11 - my login is linked to my husband's account: I've just got a new Windows 11 PC. I set up my account with no problem and then set up my husband's account on the same PC. That seemed to go OK but then we decided to keep our accounts separate so I deleted my husband's account. Now when I log in using my user name & PIN and...
  6. How to transfer my husband's account to my name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer my husband's account to my name: My husband was an account holder. He has died and I wish to transfer the account to my name. The subscription has been paid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-my-husbands-account-to-my-name/d07ac218-95fa-4bf7-af25-b2857c16fcbc
  7. How to transfer my husband's account to my name

How to transfer my husband's account to my name: My husband was an account holder. He has died and I wish to transfer the account to my name. The subscription has been paid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-my-husbands-account-to-my-name/d07ac218-95fa-4bf7-af25-b2857c16fcbc
  8. My husband cannot sign into his windows account.

My husband cannot sign into his windows account.: My husband cannot sign into his Windows account. I have tried everything recommended and still doesn't work. My last message from you said his account may have to be handled by you....
  9. My husband cannot sign into his windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My husband cannot sign into his windows account.: My husband cannot sign into his Windows account. I have tried everything recommended and still doesn't work. My last message from you said his account may have to be handled by you....
  10. How to change my display name for my account ?

How to change my display name for my account ?: I have more than 1 account so it's not convinient when they show the same name. So how to change the name that's displayed without changing the actual name in the account or how to change it to show the email registered instead of the name ?...