Windows 10: How to transfer my OS from a HDD to SSD for free?

Discus and support How to transfer my OS from a HDD to SSD for free? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Downloaded a bunch of applications like mini tools partition wizard which required me to pay for the pro version. Which I dont want to do? submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gamingtan, May 29, 2020.

1. How to transfer my OS from a HDD to SSD for free?

Downloaded a bunch of applications like mini tools partition wizard which required me to pay for the pro version. Which I dont want to do?

submitted by /u/Gamingtan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gamingtan, May 29, 2020

2. Transfer OS to SATA SSD from HDD

Hello everyone,

I have old PC with system configuration as below:

Processor-Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz

RAM:2GB

MotherBoard:Asus P5kpl-am/ps

HDD:WD 512GB

No Graphics Card,Intel stock cooler.

Recnetly I have upgraded the PC from windows 7 professional (32bit) to Windows 10 Pro so I have digital license only.After up-gradation I am not able to use edge,Microsoft Store since then I have asked for solution but it did not workout.

Just gave these information just to give any help for current question that I am about to ask.

"The system is very slow" so I am thinking of upgrading to SATA SSD from the current HDD so I want to know -

1.how can I transfer my os which is present currently in HDD to SSD.

2.Will I get any performance increase I am asking although I know that performance will increse.

3.Will there be any chance that I have to enter activation key for my OS during any step on upgradation. As I do not have any activation key for Windows 10 what have was for Windows 7.

Any help any suggestion will be very helpful for my adventure on becoming a Geeky!.

Thanks in advance for the response.

TipuSultan005, May 29, 2020
  3. Transfer my OS to SSD?

Hello Juliana,

I’m sorry to say but Microsoft doesn’t provide the option to transfer only OS from HDD to SSD. However I can recommend the workaround. Please do a clean install on SSD. After that SSD will get the active partition. It will also help you to recover your computer
    if it crashes in the future.

Before you start doing a clean installation make sure you have backups of all the important information you have on the PC. After the clean install you will be able to restore your information on the HDD.

Please, follow the steps to do a clean install:

Prepare a USB/DVD. Refer to the support article provided by PaulSey. You can also watch a video on this page

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

After that please refer to the steps provided by PaulSey in his article on How to Clean Install Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step Guide to install the Windows 10 on your SSD.

Post me back, if you need further assistance.

Marcel Kuri, May 29, 2020
  4. How to transfer my OS from a HDD to SSD for free?

transfering os files to ssd

hello sir,

I am using HDD for last 8 years now I am feeling the need for SSD so is there any way by which I can transfer my OS files to SSD without reinstalling the OS on SSD I just want to make SSD as my main boot hardware

I don't know very much about computer so please be simple in answering not much technical

my specs

processor-- dual core e8500

ram--4 GB ddr2

current HDD--seagate 1tb barracuda 7200rpm

ssd which I am going to buy is liteon 128gb

Prabhat Rajput, May 29, 2020
Thema:

How to transfer my OS from a HDD to SSD for free?

1. How to transfer my OS from a HDD to SSD for free? - Similar Threads - transfer HDD SSD

2. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?: I'm having a dell laptop with HDD....I'm planning of upgrading it to SSD..If i change HDD to SSD, then,How can I transfer/install the OS in SSD officially....?...
  3. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?: I'm having a dell laptop with HDD....I'm planning of upgrading it to SSD..If i change HDD to SSD, then,How can I transfer/install the OS in SSD officially....?...
  4. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?: i installed a ssd on my dell OptiPlex 3020 now i need to figure out how to transfer the data from the old disk to the ssd? i connected them through the external drive i put the other drive in but no luck that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please share?...
  6. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?: i installed a ssd on my dell OptiPlex 3020 now i need to figure out how to transfer the data from the old disk to the ssd? i connected them through the external drive i put the other drive in but no luck that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please share?...
  7. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

8. Transfering OS from HDD to SSD

Transfering OS from HDD to SSD: I just bought SSD recently and want to make it as my OS, but the problem is my license is OEM.I read out there that cloning your OS from HDD to SSD using a partition wizard or something is easy and can transfer the license as well. In my case i want a clean installation on my...
  9. Transfer of licenced OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of licenced OS from HDD to SSD: I have recently purchased an SSD. Originally windows was installed in HDD. Now I want to transfer the OS from HDD to SSD. Will I lose my LICENSED version of windows, if I do this? And it is mentioned in settings that my windows is activated with the help of digital license...
  10. Transfer OS From HDD to SSD

Transfer OS From HDD to SSD: I have a HP laptop with original Windows 10 Home Edition. My present Hard Drive is very slow HDD. Now I want to use a new SSD and want to reinstall this original OS to my new SSD. But I have lost my Product Key. What is the process. Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i copy windows 10 from hdd to sdd