Windows 10: How to transfer product key from Windows to Go to internal hard drive?

Discus and support How to transfer product key from Windows to Go to internal hard drive? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For a bit of background, my old internal disk got corrupted, and I only had my external drive, which I put Windows to Go on. My internal disk has since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PriyaAravamuthan, Apr 5, 2019.

1. How to transfer product key from Windows to Go to internal hard drive?

For a bit of background, my old internal disk got corrupted, and I only had my external drive, which I put Windows to Go on. My internal disk has since been replaced, and for the sake of convenience, I want to move my Windows installation to the internal drive. I have a few doubts though:

1. How do I transfer my product key from Windows to Go to Windows 10? It is tied to my Microsoft Account, and according to the license agreement, I can only use it on one device.
    2. How do I transfer program files and documents to the new installation?

Thanks in advance

:)

PriyaAravamuthan, Apr 5, 2019

2. recovering files and transferring them to another internal hard drive

Operating System Windows 10 professional version 1607 Build (14393.222)

Operating system is on an internal hard drive (534 GB free of 683 GB)

The computer has 32 GB flash cache.

I think the operating system has become corrupt even though no corruption is found or fixed with scannow or restorehealth.

The computer once had windows 7 professional and it had upgrade/downgrade rights and was upgraded to windows 10 professional.

There is an empty bay for an additional internal hard drive on this computer.

Windows easy transfer was once an option to transfer files from one computer to another but disappeared for windows 10. There is a company selling a product to replace windows easy transfer.

What are the options other than the above to move files from this internal hard drive to another internal hard drive on another computer? Also I had never on my own recovered files on a failed drive. How do you find all of the appropriate files so that
    you don't miss important files and how do you not transfer unneeded files that would take up hard drive space?

With the internal hard drive not being found by windows 10 professional in another computer I was unable to move the internal hard drive with the potentially corrupt os into the empty bay of another computer. Now I am considering placing an empty 1 TB internal
    hard drive into the empty bay of the computer with the potentially corrupt windows 10 operating system. If this computer recognizes the two internal hard drives how would you move all appropriate files from one drive to the other?

Please indicate how to move files from one drive to another or one computer to another. I don't have a hardware enclosure or a cable that moves files.

Please indicate how to find the appropriate files that need to be moved.

Please indicate how to decide which files not to move.

Please indicate which steps to make before formatting or sanitizing the internal hard drive with the potentially corrupt os.

In addition to the 1Tb internal hard drive that is empty I also have an external 32 Gb flash drive that has on it windows 10 professional (setup.exe). It has 28.5 GB free of 31.9 Gb.

Once the appropriate files are recovered to the empty internal hard drive how would you then install the windows 10 operating system onto the internal hard drive? Would you have to install the operating system first onto the internal hard drive? If so
    how would you do that? I have recovery media for windows 7 pro and windows 10 pro. If you need to install the os first how would you do this with the potentially corrupt os on the internal hard drive with important files and an empty internal hard drive?
    Would it have to be a double transfer (transfer important files from the internal hard drive that has a potentially corrupt os to an empty internal hard drive then transfer the files back to another internal hard drive that already has on it the os) of files?

questions_, Apr 5, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Seagate Extends Warranty on Maxtor Internal Hard Drives

Seagate Technology, the worldwide leader in hard disc drives and consumer storage solutions, today announced a three-year limited warranty, effective immediately, on every Maxtor branded Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit that is now shipping worldwide. Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kits are designed for users who want to replace or upgrade their internal hard drives in their PC or Mac. This move shows Seagate's continued commitment to its retail customers, giving them more storage choices, while providing best-in-class warranty protection, service and support on the world's most reliable hard drives. The new three-year limited warranty applies retroactively to all Maxtor branded Internal Hard Drive Kits in retail channel inventory, or purchased by consumers on or after October 1, 2006.

For early shoppers, a Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit is a perfect gift for that special someone who wants to upgrade their computer hard drive, giving it more capacity and the speed needed for demanding multimedia applications such as games and video. Consumers looking to upgrade to the premium version of Microsoft Windows Vista will also require more than 10GB of free hard drive space to load the operating system, and will need faster data transfer rates to obtain and enjoy a best-in-class computing experience from Microsoft.

This holiday season, digital cameras are also expected to be one of the hottest gift items according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). With this, consumers will be shooting more and more digital photos and downloading them on to their internal computer hard drive. Topping off at 500GB, a Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit not only satisfies the needs of this storage-intensive application, but also provides ample capacity for downloading the Internet's media-rich content such as music, video, photos, files and games. With Maxtor Retail Hard Drives by Seagate, consumers can rest assured in knowing that their data is stored on a trusted and reliable hard drive.

"Whether it's an internal hard drive or a simple to use external storage and backup solution, Seagate has a product for everyone," said Jim Druckrey, senior vice president and general manager for Seagate Branded Solutions. "Our Maxtor Branded Retail Kits include an industry leading drive manufactured by Seagate, giving consumers the quality assurance and reliability the industry has come to expect from Seagate. The positive response we have received from our retail partners is a testament to their confidence in our ability to deliver products that blend value, innovative storage technology and reliability."

Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kits come in capacities up to 500GB and include components users need to install the new hard drive - mounting screws, a PATA or SATA cable and step-by-step instructions, making it easy to upgrade their PC or Mac. Maxtor Hard Drive Retail Kits are available at retailers worldwide. Suggested retail price ranges from $79.95 for 80GB to $239.95 for 500GB. For more information, please visit www.maxtorsolutions.com.

Source: Seagate

malware, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How to transfer product key from Windows to Go to internal hard drive?

Slow internal hard drive transfer rates

Hi,

Please be informed that data transfer rates from hard drive to a computer or to other hard drive depends on several factors like size for data that being transferred; other tasks running in the background; RAM etc. You may install all pending Windows updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Do let us know the performance of the computer. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

How to transfer product key from Windows to Go to internal hard drive?

1. How to transfer product key from Windows to Go to internal hard drive? - Similar Threads - transfer product key

2. Change from Windows to go to Standard windows on internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from Windows to go to Standard windows on internal hard drive: Change from Windows to go to Standard windows on internal hard driveI accidentally cloned my Windows to go from my external hard drive to my Internal Hard drive. Now I've been unable to change my internal hard drive from Windows to go to Standard Windows....
  3. Change from Windows to go to Standard windows on internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change from Windows to go to Standard windows on internal hard drive: Change from Windows to go to Standard windows on internal hard driveI accidentally cloned my Windows to go from my external hard drive to my Internal Hard drive. Now I've been unable to change my internal hard drive from Windows to go to Standard Windows....
  4. Change from Windows to go to Standard windows on internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. transfer product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer product key: i upgraded my laptop windows 10 from Home to Pro. The laptop has died and been replaced, can i transfer my Pro upgrade to my replacement laptop which i would like to move from Home to Pro also?...
  6. Is it possible to transfer memory from an external SATA hard drive to an internal hard...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to transfer memory from an external SATA hard drive to an internal hard...: Hello,I seek knowledge into finding out if this endeavour of mine can be solved. When I say to transfer memory from my external SATA hard drive to my PC's main internal hard drive, I would like to indicate that my main memory is full, and I have connected my external SATA...
  7. Locate a Windows product key from a broken laptop hard drive.

Locate a Windows product key from a broken laptop hard drive.: A friend of mine is asking for my help. His laptop fell and it no longer reads that a hard drive is installed. I went through the steps and determined that the hard drive is damaged. I want to loan him an external so he can continue to use it until he gets a replacement...
  8. Windows product key transfer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows product key transfer?: So I bought a laptop off ebay (I know...but I was looking for a specific one). It has Windows Home on it, but the original owner still has it activated through their ms account. Yes, I am literally logging into the laptop as their account, they sent me the new "password" but...
  9. Transfer Windows Product Key

Transfer Windows Product Key: I had 3 computers 2 desktops and one laptop that ran Windows 7 Home. I bought 3 keys to upgrade them to Windows 8 Pro, then Window 10 was released and I upgraded them to Windows 10 Pro during the free upgrade period. I have since replaced 2of them a laptop with Windows 10...
  10. Internal Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer windows from a internal hard drive to a internal hard drive

2. make windows to go to internal hdd