Windows 10: How to transfer Thunderbird/Firefox Profiles from Win XP to Win 10 Laptop? Thanks!

Discus and support How to transfer Thunderbird/Firefox Profiles from Win XP to Win 10 Laptop? Thanks! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; to transfer Thunderbur/Firerix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RamonaLane1, May 25, 2019.

1. How to transfer Thunderbird/Firefox Profiles from Win XP to Win 10 Laptop? Thanks!

to transfer Thunderbur/Firerix

:)

RamonaLane1, May 25, 2019

2. How to move Thunderbird from Win 7 to Win 10?

I have Win 7 on one hard drive and Win 10 on another drive. I would like to transfer all of my emails, addresses etc. from the Win 7 drive to Thunderbird (a separate version is installed on each) my Win 10 drive.

If I am successful, I plan on deleting the Win 7 version.

This is not a dual boot version, I have to switch the boot version in my bios first. Would like to set up dual boot, but, I will tackle that once the Thunderbird problem is completed first.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

GeorgSamulkewitsch, May 25, 2019
  3. subhendu Win User
    installing win 7 & xp on laptop

Hi
    I bought a Dell 15r laptop... i have some doubts ..please help

1.how to transfer data from desktop HDD to my laptop ?

2.It has DOS os only ...have to install windows ...is it possible to partition the hard disk space in laptop with windows xp cd? just like what we do in desktops ? or can I use partition magic ?

3.is it possible to use two os ?like win xp 32 bit in one drive and win 7 32 in another ?

subhendu, May 25, 2019
  4. BobPitman Win User

How to transfer Thunderbird/Firefox Profiles from Win XP to Win 10 Laptop? Thanks!

Lost photo/scanned files metadata Win XP - Win 10 Laplink transfer

Hi Vanessa,

quick reply just to placehold while I get the screen shots you wanted.

To answer your questions

1. there are 2 answers for this,

• those pictures transfered XP system HD to Win 10 HD, No, the details were never available on the Win 10 machine, they just seem to have been dropped or lost in the laplink transfer, and
    • for those on my external hard drive they have never been viewable on this XP machine but remain viewable if I pug the external HD into the old WinXP machine - which I guess means that the data are still held or associated with the picturesand readable
      using Win XP - whether those data are in the images file or in an associated database that references the image file I dont know (but you might?)
    2. yes I will get shots from the source XP machine and the target (this) Win 10 machine

3. Yes, all the pics whether transfered WinXP HD to Win10 HD using laplink or accessing te same backed up images using file explorer

4. Yes, my Win10 user account on this machine has admin privs and so does the user account I use on my win XP machine.

I will get and post screenshots later today. Thanks for the reply and apologies for the very tardy response from me!

Bob Pitman

BobPitman, May 25, 2019
Thema:

How to transfer Thunderbird/Firefox Profiles from Win XP to Win 10 Laptop? Thanks!

1. How to transfer Thunderbird/Firefox Profiles from Win XP to Win 10 Laptop? Thanks! - Similar Threads - transfer Thunderbird Firefox

2. Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer: I have a Dell with an intelR core tm I7 CPU loaded with Win 10 Pro ver. 21.H2. The numbers on the keyboard are not working, so I have plugged in another keyboard which takes up a usb port and another mini wireless adapter that takes up the other usb port. There is not a third...
  3. Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer: I have a Dell with an intelR core tm I7 CPU loaded with Win 10 Pro ver. 21.H2. The numbers on the keyboard are not working, so I have plugged in another keyboard which takes up a usb port and another mini wireless adapter that takes up the other usb port. There is not a third...
  4. transferring minecraft from xp to win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transferring minecraft from xp to win 10: have Minecraft on xp, got gaming computer, logged into Microsoft and unable to open Minecraft on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-minecraft-from-xp-to-win-10/a2a26eb0-3ad8-464f-b7cb-464ced67e8b2
  5. transferring minecraft from xp to win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transferring minecraft from xp to win 10: have Minecraft on xp, got gaming computer, logged into Microsoft and unable to open Minecraft on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-minecraft-from-xp-to-win-10/a2a26eb0-3ad8-464f-b7cb-464ced67e8b2
  6. transferring minecraft from xp to win 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp: I upgraded from win xp to a dual boot win xp / win 7 by using a win 7 upgrade disk. win 7 is now stable so I don't need win xp any longer and don't need a dual boot system. win 7 is on sata drive c with data also on that sata drive as drive d. win xp is on an old ide drive...
  8. How to change Compatibility from Win 10 to XP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Compatibility from Win 10 to XP?: The program that I want to change the Compatibility to XP is the game 'Crysis', yet neither its .EXE nor its shortcut have the Compatibility tab showing when I right click on them. How can I force them into XP compatibility mode? (And where the heck is this "Program...
  9. Win 10 Creator Upgrade removes firefox/thunderbird/chrome taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Creator Upgrade removes firefox/thunderbird/chrome taskbar icon: Greetings, My system installed the Creator Upgrade yesterday and since that time the task bar icons for Thunderbird, Firefox (54), Firefox (Nightly) and google Chrome will not survive a system reboot or windows explorer reset. I can repin them but they disappear after reboot....
  10. preparing installation win 10 on a win xp prof laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    preparing installation win 10 on a win xp prof laptop: Dear ​the laptop: Acer travelmate 4672WLMi MFG.DATE: 0608 Travelmate 4670 series Model NO.: ZB1 ​ original OS windows xp professional SP2 Acer does not support this laptop according to the list on their website. All laptops not mentioned on the list are not...