Windows 10: How to transfer upgrade to windows 10 pro from home to another pc?

Discus and support How to transfer upgrade to windows 10 pro from home to another pc? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have read several posts here about this issue but they don't add up. I bought a windows 10 home notebook and upgraded to pro for $99. I've now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LogoTime, Apr 28, 2019.

1. LogoTime Win User

How to transfer upgrade to windows 10 pro from home to another pc?

I have read several posts here about this issue but they don't add up.

I bought a windows 10 home notebook and upgraded to pro for $99. I've now decided to return that notebook. I would like to be able to use the upgrade that I've already paid on another future windows 10 notebook which I have yet to purchase. I cannot find out how to do this.

The notebook is an LG Gram 15 (which is quite excellent btw). It does not have a product key anywhere on it as far as I can tell. Nothing in the box with a product key.

The upgrade to pro process did not show off a product key, before or after the upgrade.

I used a utility to try to discover the product key, and it reported

Installed Key: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-3V66T

Original Key: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
    OEM Key: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

I think the "installed key" is generic, it's found online in many posts. If I'm to apply the $99 upgrade to some future pc, I'm going to need some other key than that one, am I not? Where do I find that key?

And how to I apply that key to another windows 10 home pc? The only route offered that I recall via the upgrade wizard was to pay $99 and go through the process; nothing about "do you have an upgrade key"? Or would I apply the pending windows 10 pro key to via the change product key dialog in cp/system, and it'd upgrade? I doubt it.

:)

LogoTime, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 28, 2019
  3. NayAung Win User
    Windows 10 Pro licence transfer to another PC

My current desktop PC has Windows 10 Pro installed. It was upgraded from its predecessor, Windows 7 Pro. However, it will be scrapped soon as I'm building a gaming PC now.

How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro to my new gaming PC? What are the technical steps as Win 10 doesn't seem to have the licence key?

Thank you.

NayAung, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How to transfer upgrade to windows 10 pro from home to another pc? - Similar Threads - transfer upgrade pro

2. How to transfer a window 11 pro upgrade from one laptop to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer a window 11 pro upgrade from one laptop to another?: I bought a new laptop and I need to shift my windows 11 pro upgrade to this new laptop. How we can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-a-window-11-pro-upgrade-from-one/91d6ab7b-6a03-4d1a-98d4-bf8db4d5834b
  3. How to transfer a window 11 pro upgrade from one laptop to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer a window 11 pro upgrade from one laptop to another?: I bought a new laptop and I need to shift my windows 11 pro upgrade to this new laptop. How we can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-a-window-11-pro-upgrade-from-one/91d6ab7b-6a03-4d1a-98d4-bf8db4d5834b
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home: I need to purchase a new laptop and transfer everything over. Current laptop was 10 Home which I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. I know that if I purchase a new laptop with 10 Home, I can move the Pro license key over. My question is whether you can move the Pro license key from...
  5. Transfer Win10 HOME Key retail to another PC after upgrading to PRO retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Win10 HOME Key retail to another PC after upgrading to PRO retail: As the subject line states... I have 2 PCs. One with a HOME retail key and one with no key but is an older PC ... let say it currently has no OS. I want to upgrade this newer PC from HOME retail to PRO retail. I have already retrieved the HOME key and saved into a text...
  6. can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?: can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-windows-10-pro-upgrade-be-transferred-to/6fecfe68-c325-4f06-9389-2dc967f6aebf
  7. Transfer from Windows 10 Home to new PC with 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer from Windows 10 Home to new PC with 10 Pro: Read Getting new PC with pre installed win 10 Pro. Need to xfer all infor, files, etc. from old pc with win 10 hiome, but especially connection info on Outlook on old PC.Ports, password, etc. Best way to do this xfer? Thanx!...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home: Hi Everyone, This is my first time asking to this community, sorry if this kind of post or question is not comply with community guidelines. My old laptop (let's call it A46CB) is installed with Windows 10 Pro and already activated. I got it from free upgrade from my...
  9. Upgrade from home to Pro with another PC's key

Upgrade from home to Pro with another PC's key: Hello, all, I would like to know about this since long. If I have a serial key of Windows 10 Pro from another PC, Can I update my Windows 10 Home licence to Pro version? I have a Windows 10 Home version and the serial key/product key is from another PC which has never...
  10. Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?

Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. I paid and upgraded it to Pro edition using Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, there's a hardware malfunction with my new laptop and I need to exchange for a new one. Will my Pro upgrade be digitally linked to my new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i was upgrade my windows home to pro whoever now it is not working how can i go back to home