Windows 10: How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

Discus and support How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Greyson_328, May 3, 2022.

1. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you.

:)

Greyson_328, May 3, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

How to transfer Win10 license correctly?

No, you don't need to transfer any licenses.

If you upgrade your Win7 Pro to Win10 it will get a digital license for Win10 Pro in it's own right, based on having a qualifying activated Win7. Although MS have said the free upgrades have ended, quietly behind they scenes they still will be activated.

Use the Media Creation Tool to make an install USB then use Step 6 in this tutorial.

Upgrade to Windows 10

Bree, May 3, 2022
  3. EirikD Win User
    Transfer upgraded WIN10 Pro license to new PC

I upgraded my WIN7 PRO Retail License to WIN10 PRO during the free upgrade window following the launch of WIN10.

This answer from MIcrosoft indicates that I may transfer this license to an new PC (new HW without OS):

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...l-retail/bd498c4b-4c82-4ac3-9468-1d5c093ddfbf

Can anyone tell me how to proceed to be sure this will work?

Thanks,

Eirik D.

EirikD, May 3, 2022
  4. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

new computer, want to transfer win10 pro upgrade license

I bought a new computer which came with windows 10 home to replace an old computer that came with windows 7 home which was upgraded to windows 7 pro and then the free upgrade to windows 10 pro.

I would like to transfer the win 10 pro license from old computer to upgrade new computer from win10 home to win10 pro. And then wipe old hard drive. Is this possible?

WilliamMann, May 3, 2022
Thema:

How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

1. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device - Similar Threads - transfer win10 pro

2. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro license to another device ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro license to another device ?: I bought a Windows 10 Pro license last year from the official Windows Store app on my laptop. Now I have a new desktop and I want to use the same license on it. Can I transfer the license from the laptop to the desktop? And if so, how can I do that?...
  3. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro license to another device ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro license to another device ?: I bought a Windows 10 Pro license last year from the official Windows Store app on my laptop. Now I have a new desktop and I want to use the same license on it. Can I transfer the license from the laptop to the desktop? And if so, how can I do that?...
  4. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device: I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store Windows Apps - Microsoft Store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you....
  5. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device: I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you....
  6. Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device: Hi TeamI purchased a Windows 10 Pro license a year back.Recently purchased a new machine and wanted to migrate the key from old machine to the new machine.New machine is loaded with the Windows home. Kindly help me to transfer this product keys to new machineThanks in advance...
  7. Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device: Hi TeamI purchased a Windows 10 Pro license a year back.Recently purchased a new machine and wanted to migrate the key from old machine to the new machine.New machine is loaded with the Windows home. Kindly help me to transfer this product keys to new machineThanks in advance...
  8. Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device

9. Transferring Win10 Pro digital license to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Win10 Pro digital license to new PC: I have just built a new PC and I want to transfer my Windows 10 Pro digital licence from my old one. I checked the licence with command slmgr -dli, and it is in the RETAIL channel, so should be transferrable. Following instructions on various posts, I removed my licence...
  10. How to transfer Win10 license correctly?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer Win10 license correctly?: I own two computers w/Win10. The desktop was an upgrade from Win8.1 and I do not recall how the laptop became a Win10 pc because, I purchased it with this OS installed. Regardless, the laptop was not manufactured with Win10. I need to transfer one of these licenses to...