Windows 10: How to Transfer Windows 10 App to another PC

Discus and support How to Transfer Windows 10 App to another PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an APP that I like that is no longer in the windows store. Its on one windows 10 computer and I want to transfer it to another computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alan93, Jul 5, 2020.

1. alan93 Win User

How to Transfer Windows 10 App to another PC

I have an APP that I like that is no longer in the windows store.

Its on one windows 10 computer and I want to transfer it to another computer.

I have searched the web and this forum and can NOT find out how to do this.

Why is it so hard to find??

I have copied the packages folder over but I see no way of launching that app on the new computer.

This used to be easy. Every program had an installer and you could simply copy that installer to the other computer but once again, Microsoft has crippled its users by subtracting functionality with every Windows update.

:)

alan93, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

How to Transfer Windows 10 App to another PC [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Jul 5, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Transfer Windows 10 App to another PC - Similar Threads - Transfer App another

2. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows to a another PC: I'm unsure if this falls under "Install and upgrade".So I'm in the middle of buying parts for my brand new gaming desktop + monitor.I unfortunately noticed that I bought the CD version of Windows 10.keeping in mind that monitor and desktop does not have a CD Driver- and also...
  3. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows to a another PC: I'm unsure if this falls under "Install and upgrade".So I'm in the middle of buying parts for my brand new gaming desktop + monitor.I unfortunately noticed that I bought the CD version of Windows 10.keeping in mind that monitor and desktop does not have a CD Driver- and also...
  4. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Transferring Windows Key to another PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows Key to another PC: Hey all! So I'm basically looking to move onto another system. Had to many issues with my current one. A friend donated a pc with a newer UEFI mobo and cpu. I was just wondering how I'm supposed to transfer my Windows over as my current key is embedded onto my current...
  6. Transferring windows 10 to another PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring windows 10 to another PC: I am thinking about building a new Desktop PC and I was wondering if it's possible to use my actual windows 10 license on the new PC? I bought the old laptop from HP and do not remember if I paid for a Retail or OEM license ! But this is what I get when I run the bellow...
  7. How do I transfer Windows App Store's App Metro App to another PC that is no longer...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I transfer Windows App Store's App Metro App to another PC that is no longer...: Back in Time is one of the apps that I have purchased in App Store that is no longer available to download for my new PC. How can I transfer it from my old PC?...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC

Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro version (Retail) which is on my old PC, now I got a new PC and want to activate it on that, I understand that only 1 activation may be active at once. I want to transfer from one to the other. I cannot find my product key anywhere and in...
  9. Transfer MS Windows 10 to another PC.

Transfer MS Windows 10 to another PC.: I Currently have an older Dell Inspiron 620 w/a core i3 to a HP Compaq w/a i5 processor and more memory build slots. The windows 10 files were loaded to the internal HDD via Free upgrade from original Windows 7 approx. 2 years ago. Just updated to version 1903... What will...
  10. how to transfer windows 10 from one pc to another

how to transfer windows 10 from one pc to another: Hi my current computer has window ten but its old and i want to transfere my windows 10 copy from my old pc to my new one which is faster. please help whoever can...