Windows 10: How to Transfer Windows 10 Pro from CPU to my Laptop

Discus and support How to Transfer Windows 10 Pro from CPU to my Laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello,Below is the Details of Windows 10 Pro Licence in my CPU.Windows Script HostSoftware licencing service version: 10.0.19041.867Name: WindowsR,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChetanSanghavi, May 16, 2021.

1. How to Transfer Windows 10 Pro from CPU to my Laptop

Hello,Below is the Details of Windows 10 Pro Licence in my CPU.Windows Script HostSoftware licencing service version: 10.0.19041.867Name: WindowsR, Professional editionDescription: WindowsR Operating Systems, RETAIL channelActivation ID:.....Application ID:.....Extended PID:.....Product Key Channel: RetailInstallation ID:....My requirement is 1 How can I transfer this Windows Licence to my laptop which already has Windows 10 Education? 2 I have not got any details or proof of purchase of Windows.Please guide me.Thanks.

:)

ChetanSanghavi, May 16, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. dalchina Win User
    How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

From the link I quoted:

dalchina, May 16, 2021
  4. rss81 Win User

How to Transfer Windows 10 Pro from CPU to my Laptop

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, May 16, 2021
Thema:

How to Transfer Windows 10 Pro from CPU to my Laptop

1. How to Transfer Windows 10 Pro from CPU to my Laptop - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro CPU

2. How to get my windows pro transferred to my new laptop from the old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my windows pro transferred to my new laptop from the old one?: Hi..I've replaced my old laptop with a new one. The old laptop had Windows 10 which I'd previously updated to 10 Pro from the online store.My new laptop came with Windows 11 Home. I wanted to transfer the "Pro" part to my new laptop. I got online with support, and was told to...
  3. How to get my windows pro transferred to my new laptop from the old one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my windows pro transferred to my new laptop from the old one?: Hi..I've replaced my old laptop with a new one. The old laptop had Windows 10 which I'd previously updated to 10 Pro from the online store.My new laptop came with Windows 11 Home. I wanted to transfer the "Pro" part to my new laptop. I got online with support, and was told to...
  4. How to transfer Windows 10 Pro License to new Laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer Windows 10 Pro License to new Laptop?: I have a tablet that come with Windows 10 OEM home edition,and i purchased Windows 10 Pro digital license and upgraded this tablet to Pro.I bought a new laptop recently and the OEM come with Windows 11 home edition,I have tried to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to this...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop: Hello! A laptop I had, using a retail license of Windows 10 Pro, died a while ago and cannot be repaired - the laptop remained at the seller and he sent a replacement unit which is yet to arrive. Is there any way I can migrate the Pro license to a new machine? Thank you for...
  6. Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows...

Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows...: Hello. I am buying a new laptop that comes with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home. My old laptop originally had Windows 7 Home Premium OEM installed. Later on I installed the free Windows 10 Home upgrade. Finally, I purchased and installed Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft...
  7. How to transfer window 10 Pro to my new laptop?

How to transfer window 10 Pro to my new laptop?: Hi, I have upgraded my windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro a while ago, my laptop has an issue and the manufacturer offed to replace it, my windows 10 pro product key channel is retail and I come to know its transferable. What is doesn’t know is how to transfer window...
  8. How to transfer windows 10 pro from my old laptop to my new laptop?

How to transfer windows 10 pro from my old laptop to my new laptop?: I upgraded my laptop from windows 10 home oem edition to windows 10 pro by windows app store paid around $130 in 2018. Today I buy a new laptop, how can I transfer the windows 10 pro to my current laptop? Also I don't remember where is the email of digital license of...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop: Looking to Transfer a Windows Pro Licence, from a returned Laptop to my current new Laptop. I upgraded from the MS Store to Windows Pro on a Laptop that I had purchased. This was in January 2020. I then returned the laptop because it was faulty just a week later. At the...
  10. Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another

Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another: I purchased a laptop earlier in the year that came with Windows 10 Home, and I bought Windows 10 Pro from the online store and upgraded. I've recently decided that I need a different laptop, and this one is being sold. I'd like to know if I can return this laptop to Windows...