Windows 10: How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?

Discus and support How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in it. When i look up the activation page on settings it says "Windows is activated with a digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by august.watt, Nov 5, 2018.

1. How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?

So i bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in it. When i look up the activation page on settings it says "Windows is activated with a digital license".

all i know about digital license is that it is connected to a Microsoft account. But this laptop i bought doesn't have Microsoft account in it, only local account/Administrator (i know it from Settings > account).

So the question is if i login to my Microsoft account (from the Activation > Add Microsoft account), will the digital license 'transfered' to my Microsoft account??? Or is it gonna be stuck forever on the local account???

Sorry for this silly question, im totally new with this digital license scheme.

:)

august.watt, Nov 5, 2018

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account? [​IMG]

MCardona81, Nov 6, 2018
  3. How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?

So i bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in it. When i look up the activation page on settings it says "Windows is activated with a digital license".

all i know about digital license is that it is connected to a Microsoft account. But this laptop i bought doesn't have Microsoft account in it, only local account/Administrator (i know it from Settings > account).

So the question is if i login to my Microsoft account (from the Activation > Add Microsoft account), will the digital license 'transfered' to my Microsoft account??? Or is it gonna be stuck forever on the local account???

Sorry for this silly question, im totally new with this digital license scheme.

august.watt, Nov 6, 2018
  4. How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?

Linking Windows 10 digital license to Microsoft account: Is the link permanent?

Linking to your Microsoft Account is more of a convenience when reactivating Windows 10 after a reinstallation or hardware change such as a hard disk.

It doesn't necessarily mean, you can easily transfer Windows 10 to another computer. Here is an explanation of how it works:

Learn more about how and if you can transfer your license:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?

1. How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - transfer digital license

2. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  3. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  4. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account: I had a really old system that started on Windows 7 and got the free upgrade to Windows 10. Later on, I transferred my drive to my current system, and the license carried over perfectly. Windows just kept running and I didn't change anything. Nowadays, I've linked my current...
  6. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account: I had a really old system that started on Windows 7 and got the free upgrade to Windows 10. Later on, I transferred my drive to my current system, and the license carried over perfectly. Windows just kept running and I didn't change anything. Nowadays, I've linked my current...
  7. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account: I have an almost 8 Year old laptop that originally didn't come with an OS. So, I installed Windows 10 Pro on it and purchased a digital license seperately. The 3rd Gen i3 Processor still somewhat holds up and can do all the basic tasks (including playing videos in 4K without...
  9. Transferring digital license to different account

Transferring digital license to different account: So, the digital license I was using before I replaced my motherboard is on an account that decided that the password I'm using is right is wrong. Confusing, but I want to transfer the digital license to my other account, so the activation will be easier. How does that work?...
  10. Digital license transfer to another account

Digital license transfer to another account: Hey, I want to change the Microsoft account linked with my PC. However, I am uncertain if by doing so my digital license will be transferred to the new account. I have ensured that the older account is signed out from my device. I was also observing the activation page which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer digital licence to different microsoft account

2. windows 10 transfer license microsoft account

3. Transferring Microsoft account digital license to another Microsoft account

4. how to transfer microsoft license via microsoft account,
  5. windows account transfer license,
  6. windows 10 digital license transfer account,
  7. microsoft account transfer license,
  8. microsoft account transfer windows license,
  9. microsoft transfer digital license,
  10. how to transfer microsoft digital license,
  11. transfer digital license from a microsoft account,
  12. windows license linked to microsoft account transfer,
  13. transfer a licence in microsoft account,
  14. tra\nsfer windows license digital account,
  15. transfer windows digital license to new microsoft account