Windows 10: How to transfer windows install

Discus and support How to transfer windows install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a a Dell G3 3590 and I want to upgrade the boot SSD to a larger capacity. However cloning the existing drive over didn’t work, the machine gave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Saidear, Aug 3, 2020.

1. How to transfer windows install

I have a a Dell G3 3590 and I want to upgrade the boot SSD to a larger capacity.

However cloning the existing drive over didn’t work, the machine gave error code 0xc000000e and then proceeded to not boot at all when I swapped back to the original drive.

I am currently running the recovery assist program to see if that fixes the issue, so at least my computer is working again.

Any advice on how to properly do this would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Saidear
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Saidear, Aug 3, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 3, 2020
  4. How to transfer windows install

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

How to transfer windows install

1. How to transfer windows install - Similar Threads - transfer install

2. How to transfer Windows 10 to another drive or install it a second time?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer Windows 10 to another drive or install it a second time?: I have my windows 10 operating system installed onto my hard drive 2TB , but i want to put it on my m.2 500GB instead. I've had this computer for around 5 years so I very much do not want to reset my hard drive because of all of the files on it. I've looked around for answers...
  3. How do i transfer all my system files to a Nvme that i installed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i transfer all my system files to a Nvme that i installed?: First of all please use Simple english and tell in brief* .I installed a Nvme becausei wanted faster but when i installed it my all system files etc like games are on the hdd and i rather transfer them All into my nvme so that there performance is improved currently my nvme...
  4. Can I Install Windows 10 on a new laptop, transfer the license, and upgrade to Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Install Windows 10 on a new laptop, transfer the license, and upgrade to Windows 11...: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, however my hardware is no longer suitable for it. So I'm thinking of getting a new laptop. But there's one catch. That laptop is missing an operating system and an RJ45 port, so I don't have internet access and can't...
  5. Can I Install Windows 10 on a new laptop, transfer the license, and upgrade to Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I Install Windows 10 on a new laptop, transfer the license, and upgrade to Windows 11...: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, however my hardware is no longer suitable for it. So I'm thinking of getting a new laptop. But there's one catch. That laptop is missing an operating system and an RJ45 port, so I don't have internet access and can't...
  6. Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install: Hello, I have a fresh x64 install of windows 11 2H23 using the latest build, I updated all of my drivers.For some reason file copies are REALLY REALLY slow! I copied 300gb of files from Drive D 4tb intel pcie U.2 drive should be getting around 4000mbps to drive C: 4tb SP...
  7. Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install

Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install: Hello, I have a fresh x64 install of windows 11 2H23 using the latest build, I updated all of my drivers.For some reason file copies are REALLY REALLY slow! I copied 300gb of files from Drive D 4tb intel pcie U.2 drive should be getting around 4000mbps to drive C: 4tb SP...
  8. Hlo i have window 11 installed and i wanted transfer files or vidieo to usb drive but i...

Hlo i have window 11 installed and i wanted transfer files or vidieo to usb drive but i...: "destination folder denied " is what it said .i have used cmd to cleared its attribute from read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hlo-i-have-window-11-installed-and-i-wanted/8351a551-156e-426b-a00a-8275ef04c2e9
  9. Hlo i have window 11 installed and i wanted transfer files or vidieo to usb drive but i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hlo i have window 11 installed and i wanted transfer files or vidieo to usb drive but i...: "destination folder denied " is what it said .i have used cmd to cleared its attribute from read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hlo-i-have-window-11-installed-and-i-wanted/8351a551-156e-426b-a00a-8275ef04c2e9
  10. How to sync/transfer Windows 10 Settings, MS Store Installed Apps, Manually Installed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to sync/transfer Windows 10 Settings, MS Store Installed Apps, Manually Installed...: I have SSD + HDD in my laptop. I am upgrading my SSD in my laptop. My NVMe SSD is dedicated to Windows 10 installation & usage. It is obvious that a brand new SSD will never have any OS & data on it so I will be installing it from Bootable USB drive which is created using...