Windows 10: How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another?

Discus and support How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a registered version of Windows 10 on my secondary hard drive (E) but on my main hard drive (C), I dont. How can I transfer the registration... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Pigface, May 2, 2022.

1. How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another?

I have a registered version of Windows 10 on my secondary hard drive (E) but on my main hard drive (C), I dont. How can I transfer the registration from E to C?

submitted by /u/_Pigface
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_Pigface, May 2, 2022
  2. GFritz_33 Win User

Replacing windows 10 after hard drive crash

Hi SarahKong

Thansks fo the response. I looked at the Wiki that you suggested. The first step of the wiki is as follows:

"

Determine whether your Windows 10 license can be transferred. There are some restrictions when it comes to transferring the license:[1]
    • If you upgraded from a retail version of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, you can transfer your license (but only once).
    • If you have a full retail copy of Windows 10, you can transfer as many times you want.
    • If you upgraded from a OEM (pre-installed by your computer’s manufacturer) Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 license, your Windows 10 license cannot be transferred.
    • If you upgraded using the Easy Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Pack from Windows 10, you can transfer the license using Digital Licensing."
    My windows 10 is the pre installed one that comes on my computer. So my situation does not seem to fit any of cases mentioned above.

i look forward to any other suggestions you may have.

Regards

GFritz_33, May 2, 2022
  3. little cat, May 2, 2022
  4. How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another?

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 2, 2022
Thema:

How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another?

1. How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another? - Similar Threads - transfer license hard

2. Transfer license from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license from one PC to another: Hi,Case #: 1047820652I'm trying to transfer the Windows 10 Pro digital license from an older PC to a new PC.I removed the device linked to the old PC from my Microsoft account and now I can't reuse that license. I know now that I shouldn't have done that.I've got two licenses...
  3. Transfer license from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer license from one PC to another: Hi,Case #: 1047820652I'm trying to transfer the Windows 10 Pro digital license from an older PC to a new PC.I removed the device linked to the old PC from my Microsoft account and now I can't reuse that license. I know now that I shouldn't have done that.I've got two licenses...
  4. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another: Hello,I am in a unique situation where I had to remove my hard drive from my windows computer. All the contents of that hard drive now lives in a locally shared folder space dropbox. I now would like to copy the contents of the old hard drive now on dropbox to another hard...
  5. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another: Hello,I am in a unique situation where I had to remove my hard drive from my windows computer. All the contents of that hard drive now lives in a locally shared folder space dropbox. I now would like to copy the contents of the old hard drive now on dropbox to another hard...
  6. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Transferring of Licenses from one PC to another.

Transferring of Licenses from one PC to another.: Hello, I would like to transfer a Windows 10 license from on PC to another. I have purchased windows 10 home from the digital store on one of my PC's, lets call it PC1. PC1 is activated with Windows 10 Home with a "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  8. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...
  9. transfer one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer one hard drive to another?: How to I transfer One Hard drive to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-one-hard-drive-to-another/0999f86b-9ea6-439b-84b4-e510b8a0e59a"
  10. Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another

Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another: I have an old computer that has win 10 on a SSD. I'd like to transfer the old SSD to a completely new rig and get rid of the old hardware. How do I do it?...