Windows 10: How to Transfer Windows onto new drive

Discus and support How to Transfer Windows onto new drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I have a spare 1TB SSHD that I’d like to replace my factory HDD used for the default C drive on my laptop. Is there an easy tutorial that could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AyValo, Nov 21, 2019.

1. /u/AyValo Win User

How to Transfer Windows onto new drive

So, I have a spare 1TB SSHD that I’d like to replace my factory HDD used for the default C drive on my laptop. Is there an easy tutorial that could help me get Windows onto the current spare, so I can boot into the OS after replacing the old HDD?

submitted by /u/AyValo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AyValo, Nov 21, 2019
  2. little cat, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Devils41 Win User
    Help with OS Transfer on a new build

Need some help figuring out what I need to do for a fresh build tomorrow. I will be moving off of my old CPU and mobo to a new X99 system. Right now I have my OS on a Sata SSD and want to transfer it onto a new NVME drive.

Some issues:
    • I have a windows 10 upgrade from a RETAIL windows 7 license so I should have migration rights correct?
    • I have 3 other non-OS drives so after I do the install with my old/ current Microsoft account will my fresh install of windows recognise those drives?
    If you guys could shed some light on how to do this or advice please lend a hand. thanks!

Devils41, Nov 21, 2019
  4. How to Transfer Windows onto new drive

How to transfer windows 8/10 to new hard drive

I have a windows 8 installation disk with licence, I used it to build a computer.

I have since used the free upgrade to windows 10 on this computer.

I just purchased a new SSD drive that I want to install in this computer.

I am looking for step by step instructions on the best way to install or transfer windows 10 to this new drive.

Do I install the windows 8 and then upgrade to windows 10? Will I have to pay to do that? Do I need to do anything before the install? Take down the key or licence number somewhere? Where do I find that?

Any help or suggestions would be of great assistance.

Thanks.

TimRebstock, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

How to Transfer Windows onto new drive

1. How to Transfer Windows onto new drive - Similar Threads - Transfer onto drive

2. Upgrade to win11 onto a new drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to win11 onto a new drive?: I haven't played with the options on upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm about to install an M2 drive into a system with only a regular HD that is also asking if I want to upgrade to Win11.I recall one of the times I upgraded a system to win11 being asked if I wanted to do a...
  3. Upgrade to win11 onto a new drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to win11 onto a new drive?: I haven't played with the options on upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm about to install an M2 drive into a system with only a regular HD that is also asking if I want to upgrade to Win11.I recall one of the times I upgraded a system to win11 being asked if I wanted to do a...
  4. Upgrade to win11 onto a new drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. transferring Windows 10 Educational onto a new PC

transferring Windows 10 Educational onto a new PC: This might have been discussed already, but lately search has not been friendly to me. Moreover, my question is specific to the educational version of Windows. I have it installed on a separate SSD in my current machine, I use it rarely for testing purposes - my main OS is...
  6. Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?: I have a laptop that came with Windows preinstalled. I recently bought a SSD to replace the HDD with, but I don't have any ability to clone the old hard drive to the new. I have all the files I need, but I don't want to have to buy Windows again. Is it possible to transfer...
  7. Clean install of windows onto a new drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install of windows onto a new drive: How can I do a clean install of windows but change it to a new drive? submitted by /u/Starzz_1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbisvz/clean_install_of_windows_onto_a_new_drive/
  8. How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive?

How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive?: My current hard drive is running at 100% even when the computer is idle. This has led me to buy a new hard drive. How can I transfer the copy of windows my computer has onto the new hard drive?...
  9. how to transfer a DVD onto my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to transfer a DVD onto my laptop: how do I transfer a DVD onto my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-a-dvd-onto-my-laptop/3773747f-b06c-4079-b6b8-4b336c791629
  10. Upgrade onto a new drive?

Upgrade onto a new drive?: I have windows 7 on a 750GB drive at the moment, but I want to install 10 on my SSD which only has 30 GB of space. Of course, I don't want to have to re-install all my data. If I go the upgrade route, will I have an option to choose which drive I install the windows files to?...