Windows 10: How to transfer windows original licence from a failed hdd to a new hdd

Discus and support How to transfer windows original licence from a failed hdd to a new hdd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard disk failed which is there purchase with Lenovo ThinkPad with original windows 8 and freely upgraded to 10. Now the HDD failed and I wish to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sudhir HeartCentre, Jun 1, 2020.

1. How to transfer windows original licence from a failed hdd to a new hdd

My hard disk failed which is there purchase with Lenovo ThinkPad with original windows 8 and freely upgraded to 10. Now the HDD failed and I wish to install a new HDD.But how to get back my original licence of Windows 10 to my laptop as I don't have any backup or Pendrive storage.

:)

Sudhir HeartCentre, Jun 1, 2020

2. Transfer free Windows 10 Preview 10240 from HDD to a new SSD

I've acquired the free Windows 10 licence from Insider program. I don't have neither Windows 7 or 8 licence. System is installed on my spare and slow HDD.

• Can I transfer or reinstall Windows 10 on my main HDD or on a new SSD? Will the system activate properly after clone or reinstall?
    • Where I can find the product key which were given to the preview members?

radzioradzio, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Installing a new HDD to replace a HDD of the same size that failed.

I have a Windows 10 OS installed on my C: drive. I had data stored on an HDD designated as D: drive. That second drive failed and was replaced by a new HDD. Both are the same size and type of drives, except different manufactures. The new HDD is not
    listed in File Explorer. It is listed in Computer Management under Device Manager as a Disk drive. Disk Management under Storage does not list the new HDD.

I have tested the new HDD with software downloaded from the manufacture and it has passed all tests. At least that software was able to access the new drive and perform low level tests to see if it is operational.

Looking at the events log for this HDD, I find an event warning that says "Device ... was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." Opening up the properties indicates drivers have been installed. Reading the volume information results in: "Volume
    information for this disk cannot be found"

I suspect that the problem with the volume information is associated with the warning in the event log. I removed the HDD, restarted the PC then shut it down to start the installation process over again. No change in the event log or status of the new
    HDD. Can anyone suggest how I can get past that warning?

RonTognazzini, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

How to transfer windows original licence from a failed hdd to a new hdd

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

How to transfer windows original licence from a failed hdd to a new hdd

1. How to transfer windows original licence from a failed hdd to a new hdd - Similar Threads - transfer original licence

2. How to transfer original windows os from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer original windows os from hdd to ssd: please explain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-original-windows-os-from-hdd-to/8332c162-3dc6-48a5-9208-3182de2cdaa6
  3. How to transfer original windows os from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer original windows os from hdd to ssd: please explain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-original-windows-os-from-hdd-to/8332c162-3dc6-48a5-9208-3182de2cdaa6
  4. How to transfer my files on my old hdd to a new hdd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer my files on my old hdd to a new hdd?: My hdd is now faulty and I bought a new hdd, how can i transfer the files from my old hdd to the new hdd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-my-files-on-my-old-hdd-to-a-new/6ccd251d-5943-49aa-a6eb-a51caff732c6
  5. HDD Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HDD Transfer: I have a pc with a hard drive that have windows 7 installed on it. I also have a pc with windows 10 Pro installed in it. The windows 10 pro PC's motherboard got damaged. So i thought of removing the windows 7 PC's HDD and put the HDD that has windows 10 pro installed on it...
  6. Is it possible to transfer/migrate windows 10 from an old HDD to a new HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to transfer/migrate windows 10 from an old HDD to a new HDD?: Sorry for the dumb question, but my dad recently gave me his computer which has windows 10 Pro inside of its hard drive (he doesnt have an ssd). I also just realized that windows 10 is not a free OS after 18 long years. Knowing this fact, Im not really willing into spending...
  7. Transfer of licenced OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of licenced OS from HDD to SSD: I have recently purchased an SSD. Originally windows was installed in HDD. Now I want to transfer the OS from HDD to SSD. Will I lose my LICENSED version of windows, if I do this? And it is mentioned in settings that my windows is activated with the help of digital license...
  8. Transfer HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer HDD: I am upgrading my mobo from an Amd b350 to a x470. Since the oem key is tied to the mobo, do I just need a new key so that I can use the same HDD which has windows 10 pro and all my steam games onto the new mobo?/...
  9. Transferring hdd to new pc

Transferring hdd to new pc: I bought a new laptop (let's call it laptop 1). It has a 1 Tb standard hdd. I also have an older laptop (laptop 2) with a 1 Tb SSD and W10. I want to move the SSD from laptop 2 to the new one and am considering several options that I would like advice about. 1. Just...
  10. Original HDD...

Original HDD...: Now that I'm running my WIndows 10 machine with an SSD, I'm wondering what to do with the original HDD. I've done nothing with it at this point since it still has that recovery partition from the manufacturer (Dell) on it. The computer did not come with recovery disks....