Windows 10: How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop

Discus and support How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys. I have this Acer Predator 15 which came with Windows 10 Home. and I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro through the Windows Store 2yrs ago. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Abtin Design Studio, May 24, 2019.

1. How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop

Hi guys.

I have this Acer Predator 15 which came with Windows 10 Home. and I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro through the Windows Store 2yrs ago.

Is it possible to transfer that digital Pro upgrade license to my new laptop (which again came with Home version preinstalled)?

:)

Abtin Design Studio, May 24, 2019

2. Transfer a Windows Pro digital license to a new laptop

Question, the Windows 10 Pro license you bought and upgraded to, is it the $99 upgrade or the full $199 license?

If its the $99 upgrade Microsoft says its not transferable.

If its the $199 full price license, then you should have a digital license you can use to reactivate Windows 10 Pro on the new computer.

Andre Da Costa, May 24, 2019
  3. vetooon Win User
    Transfer a Windows Pro digital license to a new laptop

Hello,
    4 Years ago I've bought a Sony laptop with Windows 8 preinstalled. After Windows 10 was released, I got a free upgrade to Windows 10 Home. Half a year ago I bought an upgrade from Home to Pro through Microsoft Store.
    I.e. Win 8 OEM => Win 10 Home => Win 10 Pro

Now I bought a new HP laptop with
    Windows 10 Home OEM

I would like to transfer Pro licence to HP and Leave Sony with Home license. I.e.

Sony: Win 10 Pro => Win 10 Home
    HP: Win 10 Home OEM => Win 10 Pro

As far as I understand, Sony is licensed through Digital Licensing, so I will not have a license key to use on HP.
    When I try to explore my licenses through https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders , I can see the purchase, but when I click on Windows
    10 Pro purchased link, it gets me to "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.".

Kindly advice how do I transfer the purchased license. Thank you!

vetooon, May 24, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, May 24, 2019
Thema:

How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop

1. How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop - Similar Threads - Transfer Store bought

2. Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer: I had a major failure on a Dell laptop that had Windows Home on it when I purchased it. I upgraded it to Windows Pro through the Windows Store and received a digital license. I purchased a new Surface Pro that came with Windows Home and I would like to move the Pro license...
  3. Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer: I had a major failure on a Dell laptop that had Windows Home on it when I purchased it. I upgraded it to Windows Pro through the Windows Store and received a digital license. I purchased a new Surface Pro that came with Windows Home and I would like to move the Pro license...
  4. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  5. Transfer digital license to new laptop

Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  6. Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop: I have a Windows 11 Pro digital retail license which I used in my older laptop. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed by default. I uninstalled my Pro key from my old laptop using `slmgr /upk && slmgr /cpky` commands and even wiped my hard disk of old...
  7. Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop

Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop: I have a Windows 11 Pro digital retail license which I used in my older laptop. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed by default. I uninstalled my Pro key from my old laptop using `slmgr /upk && slmgr /cpky` commands and even wiped my hard disk of old...
  8. Unable to transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new laptop.: Context:1 I bought a windows 8 digital license a few years ago. Directly from Microsoft.In the Microsoft page orders history, as of today, I can permanently see the product key.2 A few years later 2018, I bought a Windows 10 Pro "Upgrade" - digital license. Also directly from...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.

Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.: So, I bought a used laptop. Originally, it came with Windows 10 HOME, but the previous owner bought the Windows 10 PRO upgrade for it from the Microsoft Store. That apparently only comes with a digital license tied to the previous owner's Microsoft account. It has no PRO...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC: I upgraded my previous computer to Windows 10 Pro via a digital license purchased from the Windows Store. Unfortunately, that computer was quite literally fried during an electrical storm last month - the technicians who I took it to said it was not cost effective to repair...