Windows 10: how to transfer Windows10 (bought copy) from failing SSD to a HDD?

Discus and support how to transfer Windows10 (bought copy) from failing SSD to a HDD? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title says, my SSD is getting on a bit and I want to transfer Win 10 and all of the other stuff to my HDD before it's to late.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanDigs, Apr 11, 2019.

1. IanDigs Win User

how to transfer Windows10 (bought copy) from failing SSD to a HDD?

As the title says, my SSD is getting on a bit and I want to transfer Win 10 and all of the other stuff to my HDD before it's to late.

:)

IanDigs, Apr 11, 2019

2. How to transfer files from SSD to HDD?

I am currently using Acer Swift 3 Windows 10. This laptop has two storages which are SSD and HDD. Every time I download or transfer any files from my pen drives, the files will be saved in SSD. I do not know how to save in HDD. I want to save in HDD because
    it has larger spaces compared to SSD. How to transfer my current files in SSD to HDD and how to make HDD as my default storage? Please help me solve this. Thank you.

yellowhoody, Apr 11, 2019
  3. GolfAlpha Win User
    SSD transfer between Windwos 10 laptops

Hello

I have a laptop, with Windows10 installed on a 128GB SSD. I also had a 1TB HDD on the laptop which failed after a few years. I bought a SATA3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD, (512GB) as a replacement. I only store files, pictures, videos etc on it, no programes at all.
    I used the windows partition manager to create a single drive for the 512GB SSD to use.

Now I plan to buy a new laptop with Windows10 pre-installed. I plan to put that 512GB SSD into the new laptop. Will I be able to access my pictures and videos on the SSD on the new laptop, (just like a pendrive) or do I need to make a copy of everything
    and re-copy them once the SSD is inside the new laptop?

GolfAlpha, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Krazy Owl Win User

What software to copy HDD ?

I got everything already installed on a 250gigs hdd and wanna transfer the whole setup to a 320gig more recent hdd.

I want it really simple.

Do I just copy and paste the C: to send it to the other drive or i use a software you can suggest me?

I will just open the case plug in the free hdd and copy files there. Then after screw it there and close the case.

Thank you.

Krazy Owl, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

1. how to transfer Windows10 (bought copy) from failing SSD to a HDD? - Similar Threads - transfer Windows10 bought

2. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?: I'm having a dell laptop with HDD....I'm planning of upgrading it to SSD..If i change HDD to SSD, then,How can I transfer/install the OS in SSD officially....?...
  3. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?: I'm having a dell laptop with HDD....I'm planning of upgrading it to SSD..If i change HDD to SSD, then,How can I transfer/install the OS in SSD officially....?...
  4. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?: i installed a ssd on my dell OptiPlex 3020 now i need to figure out how to transfer the data from the old disk to the ssd? i connected them through the external drive i put the other drive in but no luck that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please share?...
  6. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?: i installed a ssd on my dell OptiPlex 3020 now i need to figure out how to transfer the data from the old disk to the ssd? i connected them through the external drive i put the other drive in but no luck that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please share?...
  7. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

8. Transfering OS from HDD to SSD

Transfering OS from HDD to SSD: I just bought SSD recently and want to make it as my OS, but the problem is my license is OEM.I read out there that cloning your OS from HDD to SSD using a partition wizard or something is easy and can transfer the license as well. In my case i want a clean installation on my...
  9. Transfer OS From HDD to SSD

Transfer OS From HDD to SSD: I have a HP laptop with original Windows 10 Home Edition. My present Hard Drive is very slow HDD. Now I want to use a new SSD and want to reinstall this original OS to my new SSD. But I have lost my Product Key. What is the process. Thanks....
  10. How to transfer files from SSD to HDD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer files from SSD to HDD?: I am currently using Acer Swift 3 Windows 10. This laptop has two storages which are SSD and HDD. Every time I download or transfer any files from my pen drives, the files will be saved in SSD. I do not know how to save in HDD. I want to save in HDD because it has larger...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfering windows from a failed ssd

2. transfer windows from a failed ssd to hdd

3. ssd failing copy files

4. after transfer of ssd from one pc to another windows updates failing