Windows 10: How to troubleshoot a notebook comp with recurrent dropped connections

Discus and support How to troubleshoot a notebook comp with recurrent dropped connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This notebook computer is next to multiple computers and has had recent problems remaining connected to the internet. There are no problems with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zbook, Mar 19, 2019.

1. zbook Win User

How to troubleshoot a notebook comp with recurrent dropped connections

This notebook computer is next to multiple computers and has had recent problems remaining connected to the internet.

There are no problems with the other computers on wifi or ethernet.
    They are all within 7 feet of a range extender and 15 feet from a network box.
    The network box is in a closet and there is one layer of drywall between the network box and the computers.
    The computers can be connected to either the range extender which is inside the room or to the network box.
    The 5 GHz connection has always been used unless one of the notebook computers is connected to a printer.
    Then the speed is reduced to 2.4 GHZ using the range extender.
    Printing is rarely done.

To troubleshoot, drivers were recently reinstalled from the HP website for the computer's configuration.
    Windows updates are up to date.
    The current winver is: 1809 build 17763.379

The computer was recently rebooted.

This is the typical troubleshooter:

How to troubleshoot a notebook comp with recurrent dropped connections [​IMG]

There was an Intel pop up that disappeared before the snipping tool image was made.

What troubleshooting steps are available to determine the cause of the problem?

The range extender has not yet been rebooted.
    The network box has not yet been rebooted.
    A network reset has not yet been performed.

How to troubleshoot a notebook comp with recurrent dropped connections [​IMG]

:)

zbook, Mar 19, 2019

2. notebook won't accept my isp

Hi Kay,

We would like to know more details about your notebook not connecting to the ISP so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• What is the status of the connection in the system tray?
    • Are you connected to the WiFi hotspot but not getting Internet connectivity?
    • Have you made any changes before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try performing the troubleshooting steps in fixing connection issues in the following

link

We're looking forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. How to troubleshoot a notebook comp with recurrent dropped connections - Similar Threads - troubleshoot notebook comp

2. Recurrent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurrent BSOD: I am continuing to get intermittent BSOD whether I'm gaming or watching anything on my PC. Here are the minidumps.https://1drv.ms/u/s!At85Y_-dXfENk0QAQadvFCm0lyhg?e=6pacgm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recurrent-bsod/423de273-603f-4bb1-b829-bce6298f231d
  3. External monitors won't connect. Recurrent issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitors won't connect. Recurrent issue: I've tried all the steps to troubleshoot. This happens every 18 months or so. I can't fix it. Need help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitors-wont-connect-recurrent-issue/b90b6a19-c17e-4e45-9c1c-eaed17d46cdb
  4. External monitors won't connect. Recurrent issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitors won't connect. Recurrent issue: I've tried all the steps to troubleshoot. This happens every 18 months or so. I can't fix it. Need help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitors-wont-connect-recurrent-issue/b90b6a19-c17e-4e45-9c1c-eaed17d46cdb
  5. "Troubleshooter not working on this device." performance and health.........Window 10 comp.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Troubleshooter not working on this device." performance and health.........Window 10 comp.: " troubleshooter not working on this device" performance and health https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/troubleshooter-not-working-on-this-device/01e90a16-6b65-42d7-8efa-79e131ed3e88
  6. Recurrent crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurrent crashes: I have noticed that my PC crashes every now and then. This is the latest .dmp from last night's crash: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21306.1007 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  7. Connectivity Drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connectivity Drops: Hi Guys, I am sure this is a frequent question but I am experiencing an odd issue with my connectivity. Not so frequently, but enough to be a nuisance, every few hours or so my internet connectivity will drop. I am able to immediately reconnect through my Wi-Fi settings,...
  8. Notebook Fps drops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notebook Fps drops?: Hi, I bought a notebook some time ago, the hp pavilion 15 with a Ryzen 5 3550H, 16 GB ram and a Nvidia 1650 with 4 GB. Now for my problem, last night I installed Far Cry 5. I started the game and have massive fps drops the settings are almost to minimal the resolution is...
  9. How do you troubleshoot a notebook keyboard that only clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you troubleshoot a notebook keyboard that only clicks: How do you troubleshoot a notebook keyboard? There are many open applications and rebooting was not yet performed. All keys make clicking noises but none display characters. The function key with F9 will increase and F10 decrease the display brightness. The mouse works...
  10. Recurrent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurrent BSOD: Hi, I had recurrent BSOD after installing the new Office Update a week ago, which resulted in my resetting my laptop and reinstalling windows 10. This worked for a bit I have now started experiencing BSOD less frequently than before on startup up from sleep and once when...