Windows 10: How to troubleshoot directory problems

Discus and support How to troubleshoot directory problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On this computer with Windows 1909 I've just downloaded a third version of mediacreationtool20H2. Also on this computer years ago I downloaded an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zbook, Jan 23, 2021.

1. zbook Win User

How to troubleshoot directory problems

On this computer with Windows 1909 I've just downloaded a third version of mediacreationtool20H2.

Also on this computer years ago I downloaded an older Windows 10 iso.

The older Windows 10 iso I'm able to open and view setup.exe.

The new Windows 10 iso I need help in opening the iso and viewing setup.exe

If the iso is clicked it opens a box with windows then rapidly closes.

The 20H2 media creation tool never opens.

How can the directory be troubleshooted so than an brand new download can be opened to setup?

How to troubleshoot directory problems [​IMG]

This is the view after launching the old media creation tool.
    The brand new download I would like to open to this window.
    How can the directory be troubleshooted so that the new download opens to this Window?

A new user named test was created.

The computer was rebooted.

When test was opened it displayed:
    Hi
    We're getting things ready for you.
    This may take a few minutes.
    Almost there.

Log on was performed with password from the administrative account.
    Firefox was opened.
    Media creation tool was downloaded.
    It behaved in the same way as the above images.

How can the download be explored and opened so that setup.exe can be viewed?
    How can the directory problem get fixed?

:)

zbook, Jan 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jan 23, 2021
  4. How to troubleshoot directory problems

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

How to troubleshoot directory problems

1. How to troubleshoot directory problems - Similar Threads - troubleshoot directory problems

2. How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!: Hy before i am using windows 10 which is officially licensed, today i get official update of windows 11 and i updated my laptop to windows 11. After this windows 11 is not active and got problem error like 0x803fa067.... Plz any recommendations...
  3. How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!: Hy before i am using windows 10 which is officially licensed, today i get official update of windows 11 and i updated my laptop to windows 11. After this windows 11 is not active and got problem error like 0x803fa067.... Plz any recommendations...
  4. Troubleshoot Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Troubleshoot Problem: Okay so every time I attempt to connect my jbl Bluetooth speaker to my laptop, it will connect and immediately shut down my computer. It had been working perfectly fine for the longest time and all of a sudden I’m unable to connect the speaker without my laptop shutting down...
  5. Troubleshoot Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot Problem: Okay so every time I attempt to connect my jbl Bluetooth speaker to my laptop, it will connect and immediately shut down my computer. It had been working perfectly fine for the longest time and all of a sudden I’m unable to connect the speaker without my laptop shutting down...
  6. Troubleshoot Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Troubleshoot problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshoot problem: BI initialiseLibrary failed 0xc00000bb on black windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshoot-problem/f1550ad8-2f7e-48e2-b6c8-d3ff09513808
  8. problem in troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem in troubleshooter: i opened troubleshooter and had this message Recommended troubleshooting history Hardware and devices troubleshooter automatically repair system files and settings to fix a problem on your device could not be run on 7/5/2020 critical troubleshooter i clicked on it it...
  9. Troubleshoot Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshoot Problem: When I click on Troubleshoot it comes back with an error message reading: "Could not run on 7/9/2020" "Critical Troubleshooter" I have not been able to get beyond this error since July 9. What should I do?...
  10. Troubleshoot problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Troubleshoot problem: Network troubleshooter does not start error code 0x80070005 Windows 10 lab top inspirson 15 5000 series https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshoot-problem/912441eb-6727-47ff-8caf-974bc578d5c4