Windows 10: How to troubleshoot the USB receiver mouse lagging issue?

Discus and support How to troubleshoot the USB receiver mouse lagging issue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there We have this issue on one of our machines. It has a lag on the mouse as well occasionally on the keyboard as well. The mouse and keyboard are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dcalliances, Jun 4, 2021.

1. How to troubleshoot the USB receiver mouse lagging issue?

Hi there We have this issue on one of our machines. It has a lag on the mouse as well occasionally on the keyboard as well. The mouse and keyboard are using a single USB receiver. It's random but yesterday it happen regularly. What the troubleshooting steps so far: * The machine has 2 USB ports and tried all of them it's same issue * Update the driver - it's pretty generic and it's updated * The trackpad is fine and built-in keyboard - no lagging * Tested those 2 USB mouse and keyboard on other machine - worked well - no lagging * Tested with other USB receiver mouse only and it's not bad as the current one but it can see the lagging. * Bought a new HP mouse and keyboard USB receiver, tested and it's same result. * Use the Bluetooth mouse and wired keyboard. Worked well - NO lagging so far for last 2 days !!! * Been escalated to Dell Support as well - but no news as yet Not sure what causing this. Any ideas? This is our environment: Dell Latitude laptop Dell monitor Windows 10 Version 2004 Toshiba Dynadock docking station Microsoft USB mouse and keyboard HP USB mouse and keyboard Microsoft Bluetooth mouse Microsoft wired keyboard I'm appreciated your help and pointer. Thanks

:)

dcalliances, Jun 4, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 4, 2021
  3. mouse cursor is lagging

Mouse cursor keeps lagging in the following way: it freezes in place and then quickly moves to where my mouse is. I did usual troubleshooting steps...specifically updated mouse drivers, graphics card drivers,
    tried to plug the USB into a different port etc.
    I tried to work in a safe mode and the issue doesn’t occur there

DemarcusSDEaglin, Jun 4, 2021
  4. How to troubleshoot the USB receiver mouse lagging issue?

mouse lag

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

If the issue still persists, update the drivers for mouse by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Mice and other pointing devices’.
    • Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted about the status.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

How to troubleshoot the USB receiver mouse lagging issue?

1. How to troubleshoot the USB receiver mouse lagging issue? - Similar Threads - troubleshoot USB receiver

2. USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging: Hello,I have a question about a mouse issue. I have a Dell Lattitude 5540 with windows 10 and I have an anker docking station. Everytime I dock, my mouse will lag and I have to click multiple times before it acutally opens something. Now i have a wired mouse connected and its...
  3. USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging: Hello,I have a question about a mouse issue. I have a Dell Lattitude 5540 with windows 10 and I have an anker docking station. Everytime I dock, my mouse will lag and I have to click multiple times before it acutally opens something. Now i have a wired mouse connected and its...
  4. USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB mouse lags

USB mouse lags: My USB mouse lags and freezes....it moves very slowly . I even bought a new one , it was also very slow , there is no issue in mouse but in os.....it works good until i unlock my laptop and then it starts lagging...pls give me a solution....
  6. How to troubleshoot the USB receiver mouse lagging issue?

How to troubleshoot the USB receiver mouse lagging issue?: Hi there We have this issue on one of our machines. It has a lag on the mouse as well occasionally on the keyboard as well. The mouse and keyboard are using a single USB receiver. It's random but yesterday it happen regularly. What the troubleshooting steps so far: * The...
  7. Mouse lag and connectivity issues

Mouse lag and connectivity issues: I have a microsoft surface laptop that I bought brand new in the fall of 2020. I’ve been having severe mouse lag and connectivity issues with any mouse that I connect to it, either via USB port or with Bluetooth. I’ve tried 3 so far with the same results. When I use them on...
  8. Mouse lag issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse lag issue: Hello, I've been fighting off carpal tunnel and Googling pretty much everything I can, including a few posts that lead to this subreddit, but I cannot find a solution to my problem. My mouse is ever-so-slightly laggy and it's driving me nuts and getting to the point that...
  9. Troubleshooting a USB issue

Troubleshooting a USB issue: I receive an on screen error message about a USB problem something on the line of the last USB connected has an issue. When I view Device Manager I can see an issue. "Unknown USB device (Device Descripter Reuest Failed)" listed What I have been doing is right clicking and...
  10. lagging of mouse and other issues

in Windows 10 Support
    lagging of mouse and other issues: since my win 10 upgrade I have been plagued with problems ,one of which is that my mouse pointer ,especially when I am typing something will turn into the (working) spinning circle and multi gesture stops working until I move the mouse and it reverts back to normal. secondly...