Windows 10: how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input

Discus and support how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have a device that is a mic but is recognized as a speaker due to the combo jack. i heard i can fix it by changing the jack to only accept input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wojtek Kościukiewicz, Jul 28, 2023.

1. how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input

i have a device that is a mic but is recognized as a speaker due to the combo jack. i heard i can fix it by changing the jack to only accept input

:)

wojtek Kościukiewicz, Jul 28, 2023

2. Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.

There are LOTS of these threads that are locked with no answer. It's very frustrating that there ins't a way to toggle windows to use the combo speaker or headset mic combo jack as a mic only when it's not detected automatically and only a mic is plugged
    in!

Windows developers need to recognize that laptop manufactures are now and have been for YEARS only putting in a single audio jack and give us the ability to choose how windows uses the jack.

3 options need to be easily accessible from the system tray sound icon.

1. Combo Speakers/Mic. (default)

2. Mic only.

I'm only trying to hook up an external mic to the audio jack. I'll probably end up buying a USB mic adapter.

JohnLong- [O365], Jul 28, 2023
  3. Combo jack

Please is there a way to force audio output so that it won’t recognize audio input form Combo jack? I use earphones for conversations on my Windows 10 PC but the sound quality of the mic is awful. Thank you...

QuincyPenner, Jul 28, 2023
  4. fireberd Win User

how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input

Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.

The Lenovo site doesn't detail exactly what type of jack you have. It is listed as "combo jack". That could mean it can either be a headset OR mic jack, depending on what is plugged in. It could also mean it is the same type of jack that is on an iPhone that will take a combination Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve type plug for BOTH headset and mic.

As this is new, I would contact Lenovo support before going any further.

fireberd, Jul 28, 2023
Thema:

how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input

1. how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input - Similar Threads - turn combo jack

2. Computer refusing to accept any input into the audio or mic jacks after a bluescreen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer refusing to accept any input into the audio or mic jacks after a bluescreen.: Was doing my thing and my phone hit around where my motherboard is so hard the entire computer bluescreened, since then my audio system has basically been nuked, and my only audio jack plugins in the back of my computer refuse to acknowledge my headset, or the fact it was...
  3. Computer refusing to accept any input into the audio or mic jacks after a bluescreen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer refusing to accept any input into the audio or mic jacks after a bluescreen.: Was doing my thing and my phone hit around where my motherboard is so hard the entire computer bluescreened, since then my audio system has basically been nuked, and my only audio jack plugins in the back of my computer refuse to acknowledge my headset, or the fact it was...
  4. Computer refusing to accept any input into the audio or mic jacks after a bluescreen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input: i have a device that is a mic but is recognized as a speaker due to the combo jack. i heard i can fix it by changing the jack to only accept input...
  6. front 3.5 Jack not enableing mic input

front 3.5 Jack not enableing mic input: hey, so ive just about lost the plot today with msi and there terrible software and incorrect drivers for the chipsets/ right so i when following the set guide installing msi drivers for my device i got no mic from any of my headphone well other than the once that don't...
  7. Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell

Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell: I cannot get two of audio sound recording device to work in Windows 10. The laptop inbuilt "Microphone Array" device does work along with another input from a HDMI capture card via USBc; but I want to use input through the mixer mic/output jack, and a USB connected headset....
  8. Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.

Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.: There are LOTS of these threads that are locked with no answer. It's very frustrating that there ins't a way to toggle windows to use the combo speaker or headset mic combo jack as a mic only when it's not detected automatically and only a mic is plugged in! Windows...
  9. Combo jack How to force output only

Combo jack How to force output only: i've been having this question since i use laptops, but now it started to bother me, because i use my earphones to chat on my pc, but the audio quality of the mic on them is really bad. Is there a way to make windows not to recognize audio input from the jack?...
  10. Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

Combo headphone jack does not detect mic: So, I have a laptop with a single headphone jack, and it has the little symbol with both an headphone and a mic. I have bought a V-moda boom pro mic. The microphone is integrated in the cable, and the tip that goes in the jack has four "parts", as it should be. The...