Windows 10: How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; You're welcome. Just keep in mind that Bluetooth devices have to be Paired to the computer to be useful. Sure I will. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NarekUnited, Aug 6, 2015.

1. parth Win User

How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10?

Sure I will. *Smile

parth, Sep 28, 2015
  2. mertzi Win User

From what I understand the toggle presence depends on if you're on a mobile or desktop device, there are no toggles for bluetooth and wi-fi on desktop PC's. Windows 10 is great and all but there are a lot of these small "features" that makes you just scratch your head over what the devs were thinking, I mean, why not include toggles on a desktop PC? I can't think of any reason.

I recently bought a mini PC (ECS Liva) and it comes with a card that incorporates both wi-fi and bluetooth in the same card. My wi-fi doesn't play well with bluetooth (because wi-fi) so I would like to disable the bluetooth signal, NOT the bluetooth device. If I disable the bluetooth adapter in the device manager the wi-fi adapter stops working. So here is a legit reason to include toggles on ALL devices.

mertzi, Oct 26, 2015
  3. simrick Win User
    I have a desktop with no bluetooth device installed; no wireless either. Yet, I can not turn BT off. *Confused

simrick, Dec 18, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Did you look in Services and disable the Bluetooth settings in services, then reboot??

OldMike65, Dec 18, 2015
  5. simrick Win User
    Should I disable both of these?

How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10? [​IMG]

simrick, Dec 18, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Yes, From services.msc <---- type in your search window, or select from the pic, at the bottom choose "Open Services" then choose properties , disable. Then reboot. On my 2 computers this works only after a reboot. Worth a shot anyhow. This has to be a another bug in windows thou. Sometime this works, sometimes it doesn't. *sarc
    Only reason to go to the Services is to check that its disabled, being stopped just is not enough.

OldMike65, Dec 18, 2015
  7. simrick Win User
    Okay that worked. Thanks! *Smile

simrick, Dec 20, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Just to let you know, that does work, BUT sometimes it will still pop back up, even having those 2 off. Strange how this keeps coming back. Grrrrrr Seems to have a mind of its own. *sarc

OldMike65, Dec 20, 2015
  9. simrick Win User
    Ha! Okay, I'll keep an eye out for it....

simrick, Dec 20, 2015
  10. simrick Win User
    Yeah, reboot and it's back on. Services are still disabled, and task manager shows them as being stopped.

simrick, Dec 22, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Yup I know....strange thing is about this darn problem, it will disappear again, sometimes when I turn computer off, and sometimes just a reboot will turn it off......and also....sometimes neither option will work. Right now its off for me, yesterday it was on. You could try turning computer off, wait a min, turn back on. But like we both know its a MS problem, only an update will fix it. *cry *Mad

OldMike65, Dec 22, 2015
  12. simrick Win User
    Update: Every other boot it is off, and then it is on again.........*Confused

simrick, Jan 5, 2016
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Yes I'm afraid this is just another Windows 10 bug, its also the same for me too. We are going to have to wait for MS to fix this issue in a future update. *Sad My 2nd computer which has NO Bluetooth capabilities at all, and no WIFI also has the Bluetooth icon on our Action center!!!

OldMike65, Jan 5, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    *Wink

At least it's a consistent bug...

simrick, Jan 5, 2016
  15. Word Man Win User
    Indeed! Consistently FRUSTRATING.*cry

Word Man, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

1. How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - turn Bluetooth Off

2. "Bluetooth is turned off"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Bluetooth is turned off": My bluetooth says it is turned off but there is no button to turn it back on, and I have updated all of my drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure all of my bluetooth services are switched to automatic and running, all while restarting my computer each time, and yet...
  3. "Bluetooth is turned off"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Bluetooth is turned off": My bluetooth says it is turned off but there is no button to turn it back on, and I have updated all of my drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure all of my bluetooth services are switched to automatic and running, all while restarting my computer each time, and yet...
  4. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  5. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  6. "Bluetooth is turned off"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Bluetooth is turned off": Hi there, So I was playing a game on my PC at around 6:30 pm now 7:41 pm and I got a notification to install a Windows 10 update. So I downloaded the update, my PC restarted and when it launched back up, my Bluetooth devices were disconnected. With the message showing...
  7. "Bluetooth is turned off"

"Bluetooth is turned off": Hello, last night I was using my Bluetooth speaker, and later my Bluetooth headphones, all the way until midnight with no issue whatsoever. This morning when I woke up, I tried turning on my speaker again but it wouldn't connect to my computer. I checked my Bluetooth settings...
  8. Bluetooth is Turned Off

Bluetooth is Turned Off: When i tried to Pair my Wireless Headphone, my Notebook Shows "Bluetooth is turned Off". And whe i go to Device manager to Fix that, it Shows "WIndows has stopped this Device Because it has Reported a Problem Code 43". I've Already Run a Troubleshoot for Bluetooth and it...
  9. Windows 10 Bluetooth is turned off, Bluetooth turns its self off and I can't turn it on

Windows 10 Bluetooth is turned off, Bluetooth turns its self off and I can't turn it on: Hi I have an ongoing intermittent issue with Windows 10 (up to date and feature 1803) and Bluetooth in which my Bluetooth will turn off / disappear when using my Dell Precision 7520 laptop so my Bluetooth mouse stops working. This happens once a month or so and after...
  10. Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Wireless Communication in Windows 10 Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth enabled devices located nearby each other....