Windows 10: How to turn off advertising in PDF Reader

Discus and support How to turn off advertising in PDF Reader in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I open PDF Reader or click on a document that opens with PDF Reader, I get this advertisement: [img] Is there a way to turn that off?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EyeInTheSky, Jun 5, 2019.

1. How to turn off advertising in PDF Reader

Every time I open PDF Reader or click on a document that opens with PDF Reader, I get this advertisement:

How to turn off advertising in PDF Reader [​IMG]

Is there a way to turn that off?

I opened the app by way of settings from the Start icon and found no settings related to advertising for the app. Am I stuck with the advertisement because I am using a free version of the PDF Reader?

:)

EyeInTheSky, Jun 5, 2019

2. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 5, 2019
  4. How to turn off advertising in PDF Reader

PDF Reader

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and then check if the issue persists:

• Press Windows button on your keyboard and type “Default”

• Select "Default programs (Desktop app)" and click on "Associate a file type or protocol with a program".

• Find .pdf and open it.

• Click on "Change program" and select "Adobe reader".

• Click on OK and Close. And check if it helps you.
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

How to turn off advertising in PDF Reader

1. How to turn off advertising in PDF Reader - Similar Threads - turn off advertising

2. How to turn off advertising popups in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off advertising popups in Windows 11: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system may show suggestions as popups regularly on the computer using the notification's system. Initially designed to give users tips and suggestions on improving workflows with Windows 11, the suggestions system has been turned almost...
  3. Pdf reader with layers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pdf reader with layers: Is there a free PDF reader available in the Microsoft store with the ability to turn on and off layers? I have been checking them all and not having any luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-reader-with-layers/72c6765a-8de1-4d69-87f5-0a7aa0c1bd9d
  4. Pdf reader with layers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pdf reader with layers: Is there a free PDF reader available in the Microsoft store with the ability to turn on and off layers? I have been checking them all and not having any luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-reader-with-layers/72c6765a-8de1-4d69-87f5-0a7aa0c1bd9d
  5. pdf book reader

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    pdf book reader: I am a student and has to read pdf books, underline, highlight and make some notes with help of Pen. In my ipad I was using ibooks for same, but does not know if we have similar app for windows. I dont want to pay 14$ each month to adobe. Is there any such free app which give...
  6. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Ok so my English textbooks are pdfs. usually I would use Adobe Acrobat Reader, but one of the textbooks is 500+ pages long, and its sooo slow! ive tried edge, chrome, etc, but none of them work because its simply too big! Should I print it?...
  7. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Looking for a simple pdf reader nothing complicated. I just want it for reading pdf. windows 10 home. simple question I hope. Thank You. David. 124877
  8. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  9. Lost PDF reader.

Lost PDF reader.: Doesn't Windows 10 have its own PDF reader? If it does, I can't find it. I downloaded the Adobe Reader, but don't like it. Right clicking on a PDF file only gives me the option to open in Adobe Reader or Edge. 38928
  10. How to set default pdf reader

How to set default pdf reader: Since an update to windows 10 (last but one) every time I click a pdf file to open it, win10 insists on opening it in Edge - even after selecting 'open with' and confirming Acrobat as my default pdf reader. Anyone any ideas on how to stop Win10 controlling my pdf reader...