Windows 10: How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10

Discus and support How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you want to turn off notifications from specific apps using Registry Editor, here is how you can do that. While it is possible to disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 25, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10

If you want to turn off notifications from specific apps using Registry Editor, here is how you can do that. While it is possible to disable Notifications for an App via Settings, you can do the same via Registry Editor in Windows 10.

Apps often show notifications in the Action Center whenever something new happens, like receiving a new email, getting a Skype message, etc. Although it helps us know about the latest happenings, it could distract you while working from home. If that situation arises, you can block a certain app from showing notifications, allowing you to concentrate on your work. The good news is that you can turn off notifications from a specific app using Registry Editor. In other words, you can follow this method whether you are using Windows 10 Home, Professional, or Enterprise Edition.

How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10 turn-notification-notifications-specific-apps-2.png

As you are about to change Registry values, it is recommended to create a System Restore point to be on the safe side.

Turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10

To turn off notifications from specific apps using Registry Editor, follow these steps-

1. Search for regedit in the Taskbar search box.
    2. Click on Registry Editor in the search result.
    3. Click on the Yes button.
    4. Navigate to Settings in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
    5. Expand the desired app’s key.
    6. Right-click on empty space > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    7. Name it as Enabled.
    8. Keep the Value data as 0.

To learn more about these steps in detail, continue reading.

At first, you need to open Registry Editor on your computer. For that, you can search for “regedit” in the Taskbar search box and click on the Registry Editor in the search result. After that, it shows the UAC prompt. If so, click on the Yes button to get the Registry Editor on your PC.

Next, navigate to the following path-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings

In the Settings key, you can find some sub-keys representing the apps available for you.

For example, Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App represents Microsoft Store whereas Microsoft.SkyDrive.Desktop represents the OneDrive app.

You have to check the name of the key to find out the app and select it.

Following that, right-click on empty space, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value to create a REG_DWORD value, and name it as Enabled.

How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10 turn-notification-notifications-specific-apps.png

By default, it comes with a Value data of 0, and you need to keep it that way to turn off notifications from the selected app.

How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10 turn-notification-notifications-specific-apps-1.png

After that, you need to follow the same steps to create the Enabled REG_DWORD value inside each app’s key to disable notifications in Windows 10.

In case you want to start receiving notifications, you can navigate to the same path, right-click on the Enabled REG_DWORD value, select the Delete option, and click on the Yes button.

That’s all!

Now read: How to hide number of new Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10.

How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10 turn-notification-notifications-specific-apps-2.png
    This article How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 25, 2021

2. Notification assistant Windows 10 may update 2019

Hi Luigi Crisci,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you facing this issue after installing the May 2019 update?
    2. Are you able to see the notifications if you disable the
      When I'm using an app in full screen option?
    3. Are you not getting notifications from a particular application or from all the applications?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if the issue persists.

Before trying the below methods, I suggest you to disable the When I'm using an app in full screen option and check if you are getting the notifications normally.

Method 1:
    Enabling Privacy Option.

1. I suggest you to enable the option Let Apps run in background by going to
      Settings > Privacy > Click on Background apps from the left pane > Then, turn on the option
      Let Apps run in background by toggling it.
    2. Restart the computer once after making the above changes and check if you are receiving the notifications.

If the issue persists after following the steps mentioned in
    Method 1, then try Method 2 and check if the issue persists.

Method 2:
    Turning On Notifications For Specific Apps.

If you are experiencing this issue with some particular applications, then try the below steps.

• Go to Settings > System > Click on
      Notifications & actions from the left pane > Turn on the option
      Get Notifications from apps and other senders
    • Also, scroll down and have a look at the list of applications and make sure the applications that you want to get notifications from are turned on.
    • Restart the computer once and check if you are getting the notifications.

If the issue persists after the above methods, then try the steps mentioned in
    Method 3 and check if you are getting the notifications normally.

Method 3:
    Modifying The Registry.

The below steps will turn on the notification setting if it is turned off from the Registry Editor.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer this link:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

• Press the Windows and R keys > Type
      Regedit > Hit Enter.
    • Once Registry Editor is up and running, go to the following key from the left pane in Registry Editor.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ PushNotifications

• Click on PushNotifications from the left-pane > Double-click on
      TOASTENABLED from the left pane > Change the Value data from
      0 to 1.
    • Close the Registry Editor after making the changes >
      Restart the computer once and check the issue with the notifications.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after performing the above troubleshooting steps, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 25, 2021
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 25, 2021
  4. How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10

Registry editor utility instead Window's editor

I'm looking for an app to use instead of Windows Registry editor.
    I've already tried two. Registrar and Regcool.
    Does anyone have anything to suggest?
    Thanks.*Smile

bug locker, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10

1. How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - turn off App

2. How to Turn on or off Startup Boost in Edge using Registry or Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn on or off Startup Boost in Edge using Registry or Group Policy Editor: If you do not want to wait for long to open Microsoft Edge on your PC, you can turn on the Startup Boost in Edge to speed up the process. Although it shows a user-friendly option in the Settings panel, you can do the same using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy...
  3. How to Turn on or off Sleeping Tabs in Edge using Registry or Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn on or off Sleeping Tabs in Edge using Registry or Group Policy Editor: If you want to reduce CPU, memory, or battery usage on your Windows 10 laptop, the Sleeping tab feature is one option you can consider. Although it is possible to enable or disable Sleeping Tabs in Edge using Edge flags, you can do the same using the Registry Editor and the...
  4. How to turn off email notifications on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off email notifications on Windows 10: I have "Set notifications from apps and other senders" under notifications & actions set to off that has stopped all pop-ups from showing up, and all other notification sounds except for the email notification, logged out from the Mail app, have Desktop notifications under...
  5. Manage Battery notification settings using Registry or Group Policy Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Manage Battery notification settings using Registry or Group Policy Editor in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to manage or change Critical, Low, and Reserve battery notification action and […] This article Manage Battery notification settings using Registry or Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Turning off notifications for specific apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off notifications for specific apps: So I can't help but get annoyed by banners flying out of my desktop as I prefer to keep it clean, so I turn off banners for most of the apps I have, however a few of the apps aren't showing up in the notification centre and they are still making pop up banners notifications,...
  7. How to turn off the notifications for the News app windows 10

How to turn off the notifications for the News app windows 10: How to turn off the notifications for the News app windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-the-notifications-for-the-news-app/efbe92f9-d4fa-4b45-af49-429a8c7d8bb4
  8. Turn off Notifications about apps

Turn off Notifications about apps: Hi there. Every 2 or 3 days, I got a notification telling me to turn off apps that reduce performance, etc. How can I turn this off for good? In prior windows version you could tell the system to turn off specific notifications. Where do you do it in Windows 10? I know how to...
  9. Turn On or Off Address Bar in Registry Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Address Bar in Registry Editor in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Address Bar in Registry Editor in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Registry Editor Address Bar in Windows 10 [img] Information System configuration information is stored centrally in a hierarchical database called the registry. You can use...
  10. Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key?: Are there registry keys to disable individual app notifications? I'd like to be able to do this from the command-line so that I can do this automated instead of touching each machine. Here is what I am talking about: [img] 31130