Windows 10: How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11

Discus and support How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have noticed that Windows 11 does not allow for custom arrangement of files within a folder. This is a critical oversight of sheer stupidity of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnimeGod, Jul 31, 2022.

1. AnimeGod Win User

How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11

I have noticed that Windows 11 does not allow for custom arrangement of files within a folder. This is a critical oversight of sheer stupidity of the Microsoft development team. When you are sorting files, many times renaming a file is not an option. Secondly, custom arrangement allows for multiple folders to group like type of files for a project. Best example is music and video files. You have group a common named files that may contain piano, guitar or Brass music or video These files than can be custom grouped together regardless of name of the file. This is much easier to the end user.

:)

AnimeGod, Jul 31, 2022

2. How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive?

How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive?

I have it working in Windows Explorer, but it will not let me arrange files as I'd like on the USB.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

wolfgangrotbart, Jul 31, 2022
  3. auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, Jul 31, 2022
  4. Nevyn Win User

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10  

Excellent! Thanks a bunch for figuring that out! *Biggrin

Nevyn, Jul 31, 2022
Thema:

1. How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11 - Similar Threads - turn off auto

2. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off auto arrange in file explorer: I want to manually arrange image files in a folder, then save so arrangement persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-arrange-in-file-explorer/b9710100-4d2f-48f7-980a-4201b711463e
  3. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off auto arrange in file explorer: I want to manually arrange image files in a folder, then save so arrangement persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-arrange-in-file-explorer/b9710100-4d2f-48f7-980a-4201b711463e
  4. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11: I have noticed that Windows 11 does not allow for custom arrangement of files within a folder. This is a critical oversight of sheer stupidity of the Microsoft development team. When you are sorting files, many times renaming a file is not an option. Secondly, custom...
  6. How do I turn off auto arrange?

How do I turn off auto arrange?: How do I turn off auto Arrange in File Explorer? When I follow the instructions I have found in using search, I was told to Right click a blank area in the window and select “View” and turn off the Auto Arrange. But that option is not in the view menu.I’m using Windows 10 Pro...
  7. How to disable auto arrange?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable auto arrange?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mergisi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/loj3a9/how_to_disable_auto_arrange/
  8. How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive?

How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive?: How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive? I have it working in Windows Explorer, but it will not let me arrange files as I'd like on the USB. Suggestions? Thanks!...
  9. Auto Arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Arrange: Anybody find a fix to disable auto arrange for items in a folder??? This is after the CU update??? 86428
  10. Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...