Windows 10: How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM

Discus and support How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there. I am lucky enough to have a desk in front of a window, so I have tons of natural light shining on to my face and room. With a properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Coby K., Oct 1, 2020.

1. Coby K. Win User

How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM

Hi there. I am lucky enough to have a desk in front of a window, so I have tons of natural light shining on to my face and room. With a properly adjusted camera, this looks wonderful. However, Windows has decided that their auto-brightness on the webcam is just perfect, and therefore there is no reason anyone would want to turn it off, so as far as I know, you can't turn it off in settings. It is not perfect. When I go into the camera app, into "Pro" mode, and adjust the brightness slider, the image looks perfect, the background not under-exposed, and my face not over-exposed. However, when I am in a zoom meeting or such, the camera is constantly fluctuating, zooming back and forth from me being a white blob to turning my brown hair black. I do not want this, this an artefact of the CAMERA auto-brightness, NOT the screen auto-brightness. Please, do not leave me a link on how to disable screen auto-brightness, that is all I am seeing on similar questions, and that is NOT what I am looking for.

:)

Coby K., Oct 1, 2020

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 1, 2020
  4. How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM

brightness profile

Hello,

About your concern, you can change the brightness profile of your Windows 10 Mobile. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System, then Display.
    • Turn off Auto brightness. You can adjust the slider to any screen brightness percentage.

Don't hesitate to post back if you need further assistance.

Michael Rey, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM

1. How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM - Similar Threads - turn off auto

2. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?: I have looked in the display section under settings AND control panel, but there is no auto brightening feature listed in either place, BUT the screen will randomly max out the brightness when opening apps....
  3. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?: I have looked in the display section under settings AND control panel, but there is no auto brightening feature listed in either place, BUT the screen will randomly max out the brightness when opening apps....
  4. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to adjust Webcam Brightness in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to adjust Webcam Brightness in Windows 11: [IMG]If you want to change or adjust Webcam brightness in Windows 11, here is how you can do that. You don’t need any third-party software since Windows 11 includes an option in Windows Settings and the Camera app to change the brightness of your webcam. Whether it is an...
  6. No option to turn off Auto Brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to turn off Auto Brightness: [ATTACH] I just bought a new Lenovo 9i laptop and its great. Unfortunately, when I go into Display Settings, there is no box to disable auto brightness. I then went into Advance Power Options and there is no option to disable it there either. Is this normal? The Lenovo...
  7. Adjust to Auto Brightness

Adjust to Auto Brightness: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using your Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 on My Laptop. I wan to keep keep Auto Brightness or Adaptive Brightness for My Laptop. How do i do that. Means My Laptop should Automatically adjust to the...
  8. Temporizador Epson L355 How to adjust auto turn off ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Temporizador Epson L355 How to adjust auto turn off ?: Temporizador Epson L355 How to adjust auto turn off? I have laptop WIndows 10 I have looked properties, and preferences, and I do not find how to turn off automatically the printer, setting it to 3 or more hours...
  9. Help, brightness auto-adjusts constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, brightness auto-adjusts constantly: I have an HP envy x360, and the brightness adjusts up and down constantly, seemingly depending on the brightness of the page/background. This happens regardless of whether or not i have power saving mode enabled, and both plugged and unplugged. Even manually setting the...
  10. Windows 10 auto adjusting brightness

Windows 10 auto adjusting brightness: Whenever I watch a video in full screen, windows just keep auto adjusting the brightness setting. If I switch back to normal the screen gets dim all way down, I go back to full screen it gets brighter all way up, I switch to another window and gets dimmer aall way down again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable auto light webcam windows 10

2. prevent Webcam from diming

3. turn off laptop camera auto light adjust