Windows 10: How to turn off auto sleep on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support How to turn off auto sleep on Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, For the past year or so I've been experiencing a strange problem with two editions of Windows 10. On the Home edition, my PC will never go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HuJing, May 3, 2019.

1. HuJing Win User

How to turn off auto sleep on Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

For the past year or so I've been experiencing a strange problem with two editions of Windows 10. On the Home edition, my PC will never go to sleep automatically unless and until I turn it on, work for a while, and decide to leave my desk for longer than 30 minutes (lunch/nap) and click on the Sleep button the first time. After I return and wake it up, my PC will go to sleep automatically when I don't type or move my mouse for like two minutes, REGARDLESS of how I tweak the power settings. It goes to sleep even when I set it to Never in Power Management. This can be so frustrating because I read slow. Windows 10 uses a hybrid sleep mode. Sleep for every two idle minutes won't do any good to my SSD drive, either. Things will go back to normal when I reboot.

When my old SSD broke a few days ago, I switched to the Pro edition, half hoping that the problem would be gone, only to find it also upgraded to a higher level of intensity. Everything looked fine until I put my PC to sleep the very first time. No matter what I do in the Power Settings, Windows automatically puts my PC to sleep after a couple of idle moments. It won't stop even after I reboot the PC! NOTHING in the Power Settings works! Is this a fatal bug (I don't want to give my new SSD extra work) or is there anything that I might have overlooked?

Please help.

:)

HuJing, May 3, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, May 3, 2019
  3. Stop auto update in windows 10 pro

hello sir

Please sand a step list of how to stop auto update in my window 10 pro

my windows full details is;

Edition : windows 10 pro

version: 1703

os Build : 15063.674

LovelykHUSHi, May 3, 2019
  4. How to turn off auto sleep on Windows 10 Pro

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

hi, thank you. I followed your advice but just worked for turn off and turn on and I am still encountering the screen not on after sleep. look forward to any further assistance for this screen not on after sleep. Thank you

SokthearithYi, May 3, 2019
Thema:

How to turn off auto sleep on Windows 10 Pro

1. How to turn off auto sleep on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - turn off auto

2. How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11: I have noticed that Windows 11 does not allow for custom arrangement of files within a folder. This is a critical oversight of sheer stupidity of the Microsoft development team. When you are sorting files, many times renaming a file is not an option. Secondly, custom...
  3. How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11: I have noticed that Windows 11 does not allow for custom arrangement of files within a folder. This is a critical oversight of sheer stupidity of the Microsoft development team. When you are sorting files, many times renaming a file is not an option. Secondly, custom...
  4. Turn off auto-minimize windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off auto-minimize windows: Hi, is there any way to disable auto-minimize of windows? for example: I want to place three windows on my monitor without letting the OS auto minimize them. Thank you all. submitted by /u/giuliomoraca [link] [comments]...
  5. How to turn off monitor auto detection?

How to turn off monitor auto detection?: As in, when turning a monitor off, the computer doesn't automatically notice that and change things. submitted by /u/lemonvan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxlrff/how_to_turn_off_monitor_auto_detection/
  6. How to turn off auto sound leveling?

How to turn off auto sound leveling?: I like to play games while listening to music, but for some reason, every time that a loud sound is played (gunshot, dialogue, jump, death, etc.) all of my audio is brought to almost zero, then slowly fades back to how I set it. I'm assuming that this is some sort of sound...
  7. Auto turn off network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto turn off network: Hi please help me why auto turn off my wifi My windows is update and all drivers but auto torn off wifi or when run steam and start the game my wifi is auto run off and my ping is time out...
  8. Turn off auto scroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off auto scroll: How do I turn off auto scroll on my HP laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-scroll/b414d54b-d266-4497-a9f2-e0f4432dfc8b
  9. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...
  10. how to turn off auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable auto sleep in windows phone