Windows 10: How to turn off auto updates in MS Store while offline?

Discus and support How to turn off auto updates in MS Store while offline? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One thing I just noticed - if I open Microsoft Store while offline and without ever having turned on the network, I can't get to its settings panel.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tbessie, Sep 27, 2020.

1. tbessie Win User

How to turn off auto updates in MS Store while offline?

One thing I just noticed - if I open Microsoft Store while offline and without ever having turned on the network, I can't get to its settings panel. Anyone know how I can turn off the "auto update" settings of MS Store without turning on the network, if when I turn on the network, it starts downloading things?

Any way around this, that you know?

- Tim

:)

tbessie, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Sep 27, 2020
  3. CPinnegar Win User
    Disable Offline Map downloads and updates

Yeah, that disables the auto download and update....which is good. I'm trying to take it a step further by greying out the options for offline maps altogether.

With that GPO set users can still manually download...

CPinnegar, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. How to turn off auto updates in MS Store while offline? - Similar Threads - turn off auto

2. Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...: So since game pass allows mods for games now I have a mod for a game which is the only reason I play it in the first place (adds 20x more content). However, this mod requires version 1.2 and the current version is 1.4. Do I seriously have to completely delete my game and...
  3. How to enable MS store auto update for idle accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to enable MS store auto update for idle accounts: I'm mangaging some shared PCs where users would log in and used the PC once, but may not log in again for a long period of time. The issue is, applications will be left un-updated until the next time the particular user logs on again which may even be never. Is there a way to...
  4. How to enable MS store auto update for idle accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable MS store auto update for idle accounts: I'm mangaging some shared PCs where users would log in and used the PC once, but may not log in again for a long period of time. The issue is, applications will be left un-updated until the next time the particular user logs on again which may even be never. Is there a way to...
  5. My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?: I already change it all to never. but everytime i left my laptop maybe in 3-4 hours, it always auto shutdown. Can somebody help?i already try command prompt "shutdown -a" and nothing changei used to download something and i left my laptop.. but this is very annoying. Please...
  6. My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?: I already change it all to never. but everytime i left my laptop maybe in 3-4 hours, it always auto shutdown. Can somebody help?i already try command prompt "shutdown -a" and nothing changei used to download something and i left my laptop.. but this is very annoying. Please...
  7. My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. microsoft store is keep updating app . even auto update is turn off .

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store is keep updating app . even auto update is turn off .: my microsoft store is keep updating app but even i have disable auto update in setting . and the gaming service always show me installing and all update are showing pending .without my permission even i cancel them but after sometime, maybe 1 or two minutes it show that...
  9. Turn off auto update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  10. how to turn off auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...