Windows 10: how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

Discus and support how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices and how it will reflect the changes in the registry 139784 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vineet18, Sep 3, 2019.

1. vineet18 Win User

how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices and how it will reflect the changes in the registry

:)

vineet18, Sep 3, 2019

2. Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list

Reset all defaults button at the bottom maybe? I have autoplay turned off. My list of devices is empty.

alphanumeric, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

Download Windows Media Player 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 3, 2019
  4. how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

Apple iPhone in Autoplay list

I am unable to remove the listing in Autoplay for Apple Iphone and I spent numerous hours trying to remove it with no luck at all. I followed the steps using the registry as well, still it is shown on the AutoPlay listing.
    Spoke to one IT helpdesk agent and said the only way to get rid of it is to just reinstall Windows in order to remove that option from the list.

I even re-inserted my iPhone to my machine and uninstalled the drivers from Device Manager under Portable Devices.

Obsolete devices in Autoplay list multiple entries for same - Microsoft Community

Update >> I managed to remove it under Devices and Printers. Looks like it does not work under Device Manager.

win10freak, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

1. how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices - Similar Threads - turn off autoplay

2. how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices: How do I turn off autoplay for non volume devices and how it will reflect the changes in the registry 139784
  3. how to turn it off

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn it off: I asked one question. Years ago. I still get the same emails with the same answer over and over. How do I stop this question? How did I get it started in the first place? I had to make a new password at the bank today, not with Microsoft! Yet I get home to find email...
  4. Allow PC to turn off device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allow PC to turn off device: Good day I am currently having an issue with USB and HID devices on a Del 5289 2 in 1 laptop... When I check the sleep states supported by the laptop it gives me S0 only but Windows 10 has this funny option which is ticked or turned on by default which is: "Allow the...
  5. Turn off volume mixer notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off volume mixer notification sound: I get a "ding" notification sound in Windows 10 when I turn the main volume in volume mixer up to 100%. I have all system sounds disabled in control panel/sounds (set to none). This only seems to happen when audio playback programs are running (like iTunes, MusicBee, MPC-HC,...
  6. Turn off Autoplay Videos on Win10 Facebook App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Autoplay Videos on Win10 Facebook App?: I dont see a way to turn on videos autoplaying on the Facebook App from the Windows store. Can anyone direct me to an answer or have a solution? Thanks in advance! JC 118324
  7. Wireless device stay turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless device stay turned off: Guys, I know this is not a Windows related question, but I respect your opinion. So; My Wife's phone: an [Le S3 Lex636] has started saying "wireless device is turned off" when I try to make a call. (Note, I'm not using WiFi here, just making a phone call!) It has also...
  8. wireless device is turned off

in Windows 10 Support
    wireless device is turned off: Guys, I know this is not a Windows related question, but I respect your opinion. So; My Wife's phone: an [Le S3 Lex636] has started saying "wireless device is turned off" when I try to make a call. (Note, I'm not using WiFi here, just making a phone call!) It has also...
  9. Problem with turning off the display device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem with turning off the display device: I'm running windows 10 pro on an intel NUC7i5. I'm using my TV as a monitor connected via an HDMI cable. As long as I keep the TV on, windows runs reliably. In fact I have never seen it stop or crash even when running continuously for weeks at a stretch. However if I turn...
  10. Turn On or Off AutoPlay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off AutoPlay in Windows 10: I have followed this procedure and restarted my computer but autoplay still does not work. I had setup autoplay using the Control Panel before reading your instructions but decided to go to Settings and setup up Autoplay as well. Autoplay still does not work on my computer...