Windows 10: how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

Discus and support how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I turn off autoplay for non volume devices and how it will reflect the changes in the registry 139784 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vineet18, Sep 3, 2019.

1. vineet18 Win User

how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

How do I turn off autoplay for non volume devices and how it will reflect the changes in the registry

:)

vineet18, Sep 3, 2019

2. Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list

Reset all defaults button at the bottom maybe? I have autoplay turned off. My list of devices is empty.

alphanumeric, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

Download Windows Media Player 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 3, 2019
  4. how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

Apple iPhone in Autoplay list

I am unable to remove the listing in Autoplay for Apple Iphone and I spent numerous hours trying to remove it with no luck at all. I followed the steps using the registry as well, still it is shown on the AutoPlay listing.
    Spoke to one IT helpdesk agent and said the only way to get rid of it is to just reinstall Windows in order to remove that option from the list.

I even re-inserted my iPhone to my machine and uninstalled the drivers from Device Manager under Portable Devices.

Obsolete devices in Autoplay list multiple entries for same - Microsoft Community

Update >> I managed to remove it under Devices and Printers. Looks like it does not work under Device Manager.

win10freak, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

1. how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices - Similar Threads - turn off autoplay

2. Photos - Turn off Autoplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos - Turn off Autoplay: Windows 10 Photos app has started autoplaying videos as I tab through the images and videos I've downloaded from my game camera. How do I turn this off? I've already turned off AutoPlay in Settings for everything and it didn't change anything....
  3. Photos - Turn off Autoplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos - Turn off Autoplay: Windows 10 Photos app has started autoplaying videos as I tab through the images and videos I've downloaded from my game camera. How do I turn this off? I've already turned off AutoPlay in Settings for everything and it didn't change anything....
  4. Photos - Turn off Autoplay

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to turn off autoplay for a specific usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off autoplay for a specific usb drive: Hi, I'm looking for a way to stop the explorer show-up for a specific USB disk drive. Default settings and behaviour is expected for the others. NB: I know the device name \\?\USB#VID_0781&PID_5406#00001675C67182B6#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951e Any help is...
  6. How to turn off autoplay for specific one usb drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off autoplay for specific one usb drives: Hi, I'm looking for a way to stop the explorer show-up for a specific USB disk drive. Default settings and behaviour is expected for the others. NB: I know the device name \\?\USB#VID_0781&PID_5406#00001675C67182B6#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951e Any help is...
  7. How to turn off media autoplay in new chromium edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to turn off media autoplay in new chromium edge browser: Does anyone know how to turn off media autoplay for a web site in the new edge browser? I found a setting in the settings section but take a look at this text and see if you can understand what this means: [img] "Media will be blocked based upon what you've blocked in the...
  8. how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

in Windows 10 Support
    how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices: how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices and how it will reflect the changes in the registry 139784
  9. Enable or Disable AutoPlay for Non-volume Devices in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable AutoPlay for Non-volume Devices in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable AutoPlay for Non-volume Devices in Windows [img] Information AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds of content, such as photos,...
  10. Turn On or Off AutoPlay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off AutoPlay in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off AutoPlay in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off AutoPlay in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds of content, such as photos,...