Windows 10: How to turn off autoplay for specific one usb drives

Discus and support How to turn off autoplay for specific one usb drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for a way to stop the explorer show-up for a specific USB disk drive. Default settings and behaviour is expected for the others.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ALCelo46, Apr 27, 2020.

1. ALCelo46 Win User

How to turn off autoplay for specific one usb drives

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to stop the explorer show-up for a specific USB disk drive.

Default settings and behaviour is expected for the others.

NB: I know the device name \\?\USB#VID_0781&PID_5406#00001675C67182B6#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951e

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

:)

ALCelo46, Apr 27, 2020

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

How to turn off autoplay for specific one usb drives autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

Download Windows Media Player 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 27, 2020
  3. autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Problems with autoplay and my JVC camcorder

Hi Marchony,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Method 2:
    Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

Method 3 : Follow these steps to specify what should happen when you insert different types of digital media into your computer.

1. Open AutoPlay by clicking the Start button, in the search box, type autoplay, and then click AutoPlay.

2. Under MEDIA, find the type of media that you want to change the AutoPlay setting for.

3. Click the action that you want AutoPlay to take when you insert CD/DVD into your computer.

4. Click Save.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. How to turn off autoplay for specific one usb drives - Similar Threads - turn off autoplay

2. Photos - Turn off Autoplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos - Turn off Autoplay: Windows 10 Photos app has started autoplaying videos as I tab through the images and videos I've downloaded from my game camera. How do I turn this off? I've already turned off AutoPlay in Settings for everything and it didn't change anything....
  3. Photos - Turn off Autoplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos - Turn off Autoplay: Windows 10 Photos app has started autoplaying videos as I tab through the images and videos I've downloaded from my game camera. How do I turn this off? I've already turned off AutoPlay in Settings for everything and it didn't change anything....
  4. Photos - Turn off Autoplay

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Autoplay for USB drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Autoplay for USB drive: Why do I no longer have the option to have external drives and USB sticks automatically opening file explorer since the last update?Instead I now only have the totally unwanted 'Configure storage settings' option which gives the warning 'The following drives might contain...
  6. Autoplay for USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay for USB drive: Why do I no longer have the option to have external drives and USB sticks automatically opening file explorer since the last update?Instead I now only have the totally unwanted 'Configure storage settings' option which gives the warning 'The following drives might contain...
  7. Autoplay for USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to turn off autoplay for a specific usb drive

How to turn off autoplay for a specific usb drive: Hi, I'm looking for a way to stop the explorer show-up for a specific USB disk drive. Default settings and behaviour is expected for the others. NB: I know the device name \\?\USB#VID_0781&PID_5406#00001675C67182B6#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951e Any help is...
  9. How can I turn off one specific display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off one specific display?: I have a laptop hooked up to multiple displays and I want to turn off my laptops screen while using the other two screens, I'm having trouble figuring out how to do that. submitted by /u/MemeySteamy [link] [comments]...
  10. How to turn off One Drive?

How to turn off One Drive?: I run Windows 10 and have some compatibility issues. I think I should turn off One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-one-drive/4c0d8d48-9504-4a26-b3d0-bbe9bfd6de40"