Windows 10: How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?

Discus and support How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by speller_64, Oct 31, 2018.

1. How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?

Hi there.

When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes Back or Forward swipes. How to disable two-finger swipes at all and leave only the scroll behaviour?

Regards.

:)

speller_64, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Ryan GK Win User

Trackpad Gestures in Windows 10 are doing the wrong things - three finger swipe not working

I am not sure you understood my explanation. I would like the trackpad to work exactly they way you described but currently:

• Three finger swiping left and right doesn't do anything unless I am in a browser and then it functions as a "back" button or "forward" button going to the last webpage I was on.
    • Three finger swiping down opens settings but it should minimize all windows
    • Three finger swiping up opens Cortana but it should be task switch

How do I fix these gestures so that it works like you described like the following:

• See all open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them away from you.
    • Show the desktop: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them towards yourself.
    • Switch between open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left.

Ryan GK, Oct 31, 2018
  3. How to change Windows 10 Gestures (3 finger swiping)

I just upgraded my Windows 7 Dell Inspiron Laptop to Windows 10.

I now have the Windows 10 three finger gestures on my touchpad that basically act as alt+tab (Swipe left/right:
    move between windows, Swipe up: task switch,
    Swipe down:
    minimize all windows and show the desktop)

I absolutely hate this!

In Windows 7, swiping up and down with 3 fingers allowed me to switch between tabs in my internet browser. And swiping left hit the "back button", and swiping right hit the "forward button" in the browser. I
    liked this! It was SUPER efficient and SUPER convenient. But, this has been overridden by the new Windows 10, 3 finger gestures.

Is there anyway to replace the new Windows 10 3 finger gestures with my old Windows 7 3 finger gestures?

I looked through all the settings and "additional mouse settings" and "touchpad settings" but I haven't found a way to change it.

Again, is there a way to change my Windows 10 3 finger gestures back to the way they were in Windows 7?

AlexLefkowitz, Oct 31, 2018
  4. How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?

Trackpad Gestures in Windows 10 are doing the wrong things - three finger swipe not working

Hi Ryan,

Update at 08/03/2015 at 10.33 PM

The following will only work for Touchpad in Windows 10.

Touchpad gestures for Windows 10

Power users! Try out these gestures on the touchpad of your Windows 10 laptop:
    • Select an item: Tap on the touchpad.
    • Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically.
    • Zoom in or out: Place two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out.
    • Show more commands (similar to right-clicking): Tap the touchpad with two fingers, or press in the lower-right corner.
    • See all open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them away from you.
    • Show the desktop: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them towards yourself.
    • Switch between open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left.

Thank you.

Ravinath P, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?

1. How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture? - Similar Threads - turn off Forward

2. Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior: I'm on Windows 10, using precision touchpad. I will be using Excel on the browser and scrolling left on the spreadsheet and the PC thinks that once I have reached the very left of the spreadsheet that I want to navigate to the previous web page browser back button behavior. I...
  3. Touchpad two fingers and gesture stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad two fingers and gesture stopped working: Hi, Touchpad on my Lenovo X1 Carbon stopped two fingers scrolling and gesture three fingers minimize, two fingers zoom. I checked uninstalled and reinstalled drivers of the touchpad not working my window and all drivers are up to date X1 Carbon 6th GEN Windows 10...
  4. Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior: I never use Virtual Desktops, so can I change the touchpad 4 finger gesture from switching between virtual desktops to switching between Virtual Desktops. I know that we have a 3 finger gesture but I want the animation from the 4 finger gesture. Is this possible?...
  5. How to enable horizontal two-finger swiping?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable horizontal two-finger swiping?: I used to be able to swipe with two fingers to go back a page in browsers, but a few days ago I accidentally reset a lot of my settings. Now it's disabled and I can't find where to change it. submitted by /u/MildlyProblematic [link] [comments]...
  6. How use two-finger gestures?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How use two-finger gestures?: Would like to use two-finger gestures for handling browser navigation akin to ones on Mac OS. Using Windows Precision drivers on my HP Spectre. Is there a way to use them? submitted by /u/purezen [link] [comments]...
  7. How to turn off Back/Forward actions on two finger touchpad gesture?

How to turn off Back/Forward actions on two finger touchpad gesture?: Hi there. When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes Back or Forward action. How to disable the Back/Forward actions at all and leave only scroll behaviour?...
  8. Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10: Hi Windows 10 allows to switch workspace with 4 finger swipe gestures. Opposite to my Macbook, I must swipe right-to-left to go to the right virtual desktop. Is there a way to reverse this, so I swipe left-to-right to go to the right virtual desktop? I have a HP laptop with...
  9. No Forward/back gesture on the touchpad - failure

No Forward/back gesture on the touchpad - failure: And I really hoped they would do the Precision touchpad driver properly, like Synaptics driver worked... but nope. Three finger swipe to the left/right just cycles open windows. I want it to do a forward/back on internet sites instead of trying to click on the little...
  10. Gestures issue: two fingers

Gestures issue: two fingers: Hello. Sometimes, when I use two fingers to scroll down something, the computer thinks I'm using three fingers and shows up my desktop. Anyone having the same issue? I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 80C4. 32452

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad gestures turn off

2. disable two finger touchpad gestures

3. windows 10 touchpad two finger back forward

4. how to disable two finger gestures,
  5. windows swipe two fingers to go back,
  6. how to turn off go back by mouse pad swiping,
  7. 2 finger scroll,
  8. disable two finger back touchpad chrome windows 10,
  9. turn off touchpad swipe,
  10. windows 8 turn on touchpad gestures,
  11. turn off two finger zoom on touchpad,
  12. show more commands (similar to right-clicking) touch pad gesture is not working,
  13. turn off touchpad gestures,
  14. 2 finger gestures disable,
  15. windows Back/Forward