Windows 10: How to turn off Background apps in windows 10 (1803) for good?

Discus and support How to turn off Background apps in windows 10 (1803) for good? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am using windows 10 (64 bit & 1803 version). The problem is that, i try to turn off Background apps then the next day or after i restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nxlongth, May 14, 2018.

1. nxlongth Win User

How to turn off Background apps in windows 10 (1803) for good?

Hi guys,
    I am using windows 10 (64 bit & 1803 version). The problem is that, i try to turn off Background apps then the next day or after i restart my pc, it automatically turns on again! Any solution for this?
    Thanks,
    Long

:)

nxlongth, May 14, 2018
  2. DMGJM Win User

Windows 10 Background App running called "SURFACE"

I am in Windows 10 - Settings - Privacy - Background Apps

I am turning off background apps that are not needed.

There is an app listed as "Surface".

What is this "Surface" background app and what will happen if I turn it off?

Thank you.

DMGJM, May 15, 2018
Thema:

How to turn off Background apps in windows 10 (1803) for good?

1. How to turn off Background apps in windows 10 (1803) for good? - Similar Threads - turn off Background

2. No option to turn off background apps in windows 11 temporary fix to turn off apps in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to turn off background apps in windows 11 temporary fix to turn off apps in...: It's a temporary fix for people that don't have background apps the link will show you how to do a group policy edit and a registry edit to disable the background apps https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-background-apps-in-windows-11.923/Microsoft and their...
  3. No option to turn off background apps in windows 11 temporary fix to turn off apps in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to turn off background apps in windows 11 temporary fix to turn off apps in...: It's a temporary fix for people that don't have background apps the link will show you how to do a group policy edit and a registry edit to disable the background apps https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-background-apps-in-windows-11.923/Microsoft and their...
  4. No option to turn off background apps in windows 11

No option to turn off background apps in windows 11: Respected Microsoft community,I upgraded to windows 11 home single language last year via windows update . After that I noticed that there is no option to turn off background apps in apps and features and battery settings. Please help me as the background activity of apps is...
  5. turn off programs or apps running in background

turn off programs or apps running in background: turn off programs or apps running in background - is this possible on Win 7 Pro? My SD hard drive or fan is running all the time. My computer gets warm. Can I turn off apps or prpgrams running in the background to save energy and the fan from running so much?...
  6. turn off programs or apps running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off programs or apps running in background: turn off programs or apps running in background - is this possible on Win 7 Pro? My SD hard drive or fan is running all the time. My computer gets warm. Can I turn off apps or prpgrams running in the background to save energy and the fan from running so much?...
  7. No option to turn off background apps in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to turn off background apps in windows 11.: Hello Microsoft Community,I upgraded to windows 11 home single language a few days ago. Now my laptop's battery is draining very fast. I decided to turn off background applications. But there is no such option to turn off background apps is Apps and Features section. What...
  8. Turning off UAC for good

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off UAC for good: Long story short. I am a fire alarm tech. I use different softwares but one cannot open if UAC is on amy setting but Never Notify Me when: and IT is no help as HQ wants it but HQ don't understand it hinders our productivity. Is there a way to keep it at NEVER whenever I use...
  9. why windows 10 1803 keep turning on background apps after restart?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why windows 10 1803 keep turning on background apps after restart?: when i toggle all background apps off after restart they keep turning on again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/why-windows-10-1803-keep-turning-on-background/35fdef0d-a332-4195-aec7-8dd7d9ab95db"
  10. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can choose which apps can receive info, send notifications, and stay up-to-date, even when you're not using them. Turning background apps off can...