Windows 10: How To Turn Off Bitlocker Temporary For Cloning?

Discus and support How To Turn Off Bitlocker Temporary For Cloning? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Will be cloning from a 2.5 inch 250gb samsung ssd into a new 1tb NVME Samsung Evo that i bought. I also have a 32gb m.2 ssd in the laptop... so 2 hard... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulyjustin, Oct 2, 2020.

1. How To Turn Off Bitlocker Temporary For Cloning?

Will be cloning from a 2.5 inch 250gb samsung ssd into a new 1tb NVME Samsung Evo that i bought. I also have a 32gb m.2 ssd in the laptop... so 2 hard drives in my laptop... but only want to have the new 1tb NVME samsung evo in it so i could put the bigger 84wh battery in the machine... which i also have.

I know i need to turn off bitlocker before i clone it. Now everytime i turn on my windows 10 pro laptop, i always have to enter a pin... then a windows password before i get to main screen. How do i turn off bitlocker... and if i do... the next time i start up the hard drive...which would be the cloned 1tb NVME Samsung Evo, i know when i i first start the laptop up, it won't ask me for a bitlocker pin. But will it ask me for windows 10 password? So turn both off right?

Now assuming the cloning went good, then when i turn on bitlocker again and windows 10 password, i like to use the same bitlocker pin and windows 10 password. So i would have to enter the bitlocker pin and windows 10 password completely new right? Like i can't disable both of them now and enable them later and they know to use the exact same bitlocker pin and password?

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 2, 2020

2. Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Keitaro

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Heed the advice of the software, you must disable BitLocker before cloning. This is highly recommend if you ever want to get access to the drive.

There is nothing wrong with having to re-enable it after restoring the clone.

Step 1: disable BitLocker.

Step 2: clone drive

Step 3: restore the cloned image to the new drive.

Step 4: Re-Enable BitLocker.

Andre for Directly, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Oct 2, 2020
  4. How To Turn Off Bitlocker Temporary For Cloning?

Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

it will be the same computer, so it should not, but again, this is why it is highly recommended you turn off bitlocker before cloning and restoring to the new drive.

Andre for Directly, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

How To Turn Off Bitlocker Temporary For Cloning?

1. How To Turn Off Bitlocker Temporary For Cloning? - Similar Threads - Turn Off Bitlocker

2. How to turn off BitLocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off BitLocker recovery key?: Every time i log in i need to enter a BitLocker recovery key- a feature i didn't set up. It just happened automatically after I changed my laptop's battery.I can't deactivate it through "settings" since it doesn't give me that option. On the website it says to use the control...
  3. How to turn off BitLocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off BitLocker recovery key?: Every time i log in i need to enter a BitLocker recovery key- a feature i didn't set up. It just happened automatically after I changed my laptop's battery.I can't deactivate it through "settings" since it doesn't give me that option. On the website it says to use the control...
  4. How to turn off BitLocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. turn off Bitlocker win11

turn off Bitlocker win11: how to turn off Bitlocker win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-bitlocker-win11/e8359004-8957-456a-ad54-1f80d5bb85ea
  6. Not able to turn off bitlocker.

Not able to turn off bitlocker.: I am using a windows 10 home i have resently updated it. But afer updation I am facing bitlocker issue. I have seen in control panel and also in settings but there is no way to off this. I also don't have the revovery key. I have also tried to solve in cmd and in power shell...
  7. Not able to turn off bitlocker.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to turn off bitlocker.: I am using a windows 10 home i have resently updated it. But afer updation I am facing bitlocker issue. I have seen in control panel and also in settings but there is no way to off this. I also don't have the revovery key. I have also tried to solve in cmd and in power shell...
  8. turn off the BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    turn off the BitLocker: how to turn off the bit locker ???????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-the-bitlocker/7356108d-7698-453b-976f-a86f3c47a6ae
  9. Turn Off Bitlocker

Turn Off Bitlocker: Hi, I was asked for BitLocker Recovery Key when I clicked on disk D in File Explorer. Entering key did unlock the disk but I still get the same request every time I reboot the laptop. Dell Inspiron 15 7570 with Windows 10 Home Regards, Barr Brotherton...
  10. How do I turn off Bitlocker????

How do I turn off Bitlocker????: I purchased a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10 Home about a year ago. From then until around Thanksgiving, Bitlocker NEVER turned on or made me enter a recovery key when I turned on or restarted my laptop. The day after Thanksgiving, I accidentally dropped my computer, and broke...