Windows 10: How to turn off Chrome microphone icon

Discus and support How to turn off Chrome microphone icon in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there a way of turning off the microphone icon in the Chrome search box (see below). This icon appears even when the microphone is disabled. [img]... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

How to turn off Chrome microphone icon

Is there a way of turning off the microphone icon in the Chrome search box (see below). This icon appears even when the microphone is disabled.

How to turn off Chrome microphone icon [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Aug 24, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Chrome not existent in microphone permissions

I have a microphone hooked up to my computer, and every "Allow _ to access the microphone" is enabled including unknown applications. Google Chrome does not appear in the list, and it is the only application being denied for permissions. Is there a way
    to force Windows to add Chrome to the unknown application list and give it permission to use the microphone?

ThomasMahon, Aug 24, 2020
  4. How to turn off Chrome microphone icon

How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

How to turn off Chrome microphone icon

1. How to turn off Chrome microphone icon - Similar Threads - turn off Chrome

2. Microphone turning on and off rapidly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone turning on and off rapidly: My Mic that I bought not too long ago just entirely glitches the sound systemI get high cpu usage from Windows Audio service and the microphone activates and deactivates rapidlyIt's a Maono au-pm421...
  3. How to turn off News icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off News icon: I was sitting next to a friend as she was using my Surface Pro 6. Just as she was moving the mouse near the taskbar she sneezed and clicked the mouse. A yellow round icon appeared on the taskbar. If I click on it, it appears to be some sort news feed. How do I turn it off and...
  4. How to turn off orange taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off orange taskbar icons?: I see thishttps://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdr0r9/how_do_you_disable_this_annoying_orange_app/ and the response is about stopping the flashing and I've followed the steps. But I would rather turn off the orange entirely. Especially since minecraft seems to be...
  5. How to turn off on-screen display of "Microphone off|Camera not in use"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off on-screen display of "Microphone off|Camera not in use"?: [ATTACH] When I use F4 to mute my microphone, this on-screen display appears and stays there unless I unmute. Does anyone know how to turn this off? My OS is Windows 10 Pro 18363. submitted by /u/toxic_chess [link] [comments]...
  6. how to turn on off the microphone

how to turn on off the microphone: How do I turn the microphone on and off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-off-the-microphone/cbe32352-4694-432e-af55-96a8d77c75b6
  7. Microphone on/off icon removal

Microphone on/off icon removal: Is there a way to remove the icon that shows up on the screen every time the microphone is turned on and off? Also when volume is truned up and down. Please see circled in red below.[ATTACH]...
  8. Microphone turns on and off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone turns on and off randomly: Hi, Ever since I changed Windows versions (a while ago), my sound turns on and off randomly. When it does it is rapidly turning on and off -so much so, that I can't use my mouse for 30seconds to a minute at a time. And, the turn on/off moments are quite frequent. (I'm on...
  9. turn off microphone

turn off microphone: My microphone is to sensitive. I'm getting feedback How do I stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/turn-off-microphone/e1c01c28-9c0a-4228-a77c-0ba2da514dae
  10. "Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off.

"Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off.: So I went to test my microphone to see if it was working. I went in the settings tab and clicked system. Then I clicked Sound. I clicked the microphone button to test it, and it works. But now it wont turn off. I tried clicking the button again, but it just wont stop testing...