Windows 10: How to Turn off custom-set keyboard Shortcut

Discus and support How to Turn off custom-set keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I had set 'Num-1' as a shortcut for launching 'Chrome'. However, I want to unset the same. Please Help Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmbarishSalodkar, Sep 28, 2020.

1. How to Turn off custom-set keyboard Shortcut

Hello!

I had set 'Num-1' as a shortcut for launching 'Chrome'. However, I want to unset the same.

Please Help

Thanks!

:)

AmbarishSalodkar, Sep 28, 2020
  2. cniggeler Win User

List custom keyboard shortcuts

Hi,

I would like to create a shortcut to Windows Update using CTRL-ALT-U, but when I try to put that in the shortcut key area of the shortcut, it blanks out again. This means I have used that key combo elsewhere, but typing it doesn't do anything. I upgraded
    from Win7 to Win10 and I think I set it for Windows 7 Update.

My questions are,

1. How do I reassign this shortcut?
    2. How do I get a list of custom shortcuts that are already set?

Thanks!

cniggeler, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Keyboard Shortcuts

Hi Richard,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

This could be an issue due to sticky keys that might be turned on. It could also be a hardware issue with the keyboard.

We need more information to help you better.

1) Is this issue specific while working on a particular application or program on the computer?

2) What is the Make and Model of the computer/keyboard?

First of all, to check if it’s a hardware issue with the keyboard. Check if the keys are working when you test the issue with a different keyboard.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if you can fix the issue.

Method 1:

I would suggest you check if the Sticky keys are turned on. If they are turned on, turn them off and test the issue. Follow the steps:

• Open Desktop.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control Panel.

• Click on Ease of Access.

• Click on Make the keyboard easier to use.

• Uncheck the box which says “Turn on Sticky keys”.

• Click on Apply
      and then on OK.
    Check if it fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you check if you are able to use the keyboard using an On-Screen keyboard. Refer to the below steps to use the on screen keyboard.

• Open Desktop.

• Press Windows + I keys to open the Settings menu.

• Select Ease of access from the settings menu.

• Click on keyboard from the left navigation pane on the Ease of access settings menu.

• Turn on the On screen keyboard from the right hand side
    If the issue still persists, proceed to the next method.

Method 3:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 28, 2020
  4. How to Turn off custom-set keyboard Shortcut

CUSTOMIZE KEYBOARD

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Bring the Start Menu on your screen and you can see a gear symbol saying
      Settings. Click on Settings.
    • After the Settings app window gets spread on your screen, choose
      Ease of Access category.
    • Now look at the left pane of Ease of Access and you can see many areas of settings are present. Click
      Keyboard.
    • The right side of the Keyboard exhibits you many settings with a slider to easily handle them. So, let us see each of them separately!

Step 2:

On-Screen Keyboard

• Turns on the On-screen keyboard: If you prefer to use the on-screen keyboard, you can turn on the toggle. When you turn on the on-screen keyboard, wait for couple of seconds and
      then you can see the keyboard on your display screen. Take a look at the below screenshot. Switch off the slider and it will go off from the screen.
    Step 3:

Sticky Keys.

• Press one key at a time for keyboard shortcuts: This feature is favorite among those who love to use keyboard shortcuts for every small activities they do. Usually, to copy a content
      you use two keyboard keys simultaneously (Ctrl and C). But after you enable this option, click Ctrl key, release it, then click C key and your selected stuff will be copied. There are four modifier keys that become “sticky” when you turn on this feature. They
      are Shift, Ctrl, alt and Windows keys. Turning it on makes your work easy when two keys are far from each other and hitting them simultaneously becomes irritated.
    • Turn on Sticky keys when Shift is pressed five times: Instead on turning sticky key on from the above way, you can enable it by pressing Shift key five times continuously. After
      doing so, you can see a dialog box waiting for your confirmation to activate the feature.
    • Lock modifier key when pressed twice in a row: This is the most useful option. By default it is turned on. When this feature is enabled you can carry out many copy and paste work.
      Just press Ctrl key twice and then use “C” or “V” keys the number of times to copy or paste number of items.
    • Turn Off Sticky Keys by releasing a modifier key in combination with another key: To disable the sticky keys you can jointly press a modifier key along with any other key.
    • Play sound when modifier key is latched, locked and released: You can hear a sound when you press the modifier key, when its gets locked and also when it is released. If you don’t
      prefer to hear the sound, disable this option.
    • Display the Sticky Keys icon on taskbar: With this feature enabled you can see a Sticky Keys icon on the system tray of taskbar.
    Step 4:

Toggle Keys.

• Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock: By mistake you can press caps lock or num lock or scroll lock key and later on realize it. So to avoid the confusion,
      you can turn this feature on and hear a beep tone when you press any of these keys.
    • Turn on Toggle Keys by holding the NUM lock key for 5 seconds: If this feature is enabled, you can turn on the Toggle Keys by keep holding the Num lock key for 5 seconds of time.
    Step 5:

Filter Keys

• Ignore or slowdown brief or repeated keystrokes and adjust keyboard repeat rates: If you are scared of pressing any keys number of times, enable this feature which ignores the activity.
      This is really useful when you kids at home and who might press any keys number of times and that might hamper on your work.
    • Turn on Filter key when Shift is pressed for 8 seconds: Keep hold the Shift key for 8 seconds and you can see Filter Key is turned on.
    • Beep when keys are pressed or accepted: You can hear a beep sound when a key is pressed and accepted by the system.
    • Display the Filter Key icon on Taskbar: To know if the Filter Keys are on, enable this toggle to On and see its icon on Taskbar.
    • Enable Slow Keys: Turn this feature on if you want a delay between hitting a key and the action taking place on your computer. After you turn it on, you can see a drop-down menu
      with a different time slots. Choose a time after whose expiration the computer will accept your keystroke.
    • Enable Repeat Keys: Turn this feature on if you want to have the repeated keys. This again provides you two different time slot drop-down menus. First is to select the time for
      computer to wit for the first repeated keystroke and the second one is to how long the computer will wait for the subsequent repeated keystrokes.
    Step 6:

Other Settings

• Enable Shortcut underlines: To underline the hotkeys by default, you can enable this feature.
    • Disable a warning message when turning a setting on with a shortcut: When you turn on a setting with the help of a shortcut keys, you get a warning message.
    • Make a sound when turning a setting on or off with a shortcut: You can hear a sound when you enable any setting using keyboard shortcut.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

How to Turn off custom-set keyboard Shortcut

1. How to Turn off custom-set keyboard Shortcut - Similar Threads - Turn off custom

2. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  3. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  4. How to turn off all keyboards shortcuts with SHIFT as "Master" key

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off all keyboards shortcuts with SHIFT as "Master" key: English:Hello so i want to turn off all shortcut combo using the SHIFT key on windows because i'm having a bug when i'm playing games and i press shift and other keys my character keeps walking. I know that is possible to block specific keys like WINDOWS + Z etc etc, i want...
  5. I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts: I was playing a game and have to press f3 to open the debug menu, but instead in increased my volume. i clicked all of the other keys and they did things i didnt want to do. i got frustrated and searched through the entire settings. Whenever I tried to search, it would tell...
  6. How to turn off Monitor using a keyboard shortcut on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off Monitor using a keyboard shortcut on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to turn off the monitor on Windows 10, you can do […] This article How to turn off Monitor using a keyboard shortcut on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut: Hello, I was trying to change the backlights for my hp omen 15 and somehow hit a shortcut that disabled my keyboard. Does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/_this_is_what_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Customize Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Customize Keyboard shortcuts: I want to create keyboard shortcuts using modifiers or combinations thereof to insert characters like # and é without using the Character Map. Is there a way to do this? I have looked through Settings but came up blank....
  9. How to create custom Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create custom Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In the quest to maximize productivity and blitz through the flood of Windows 10 applications at top speed, ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ aid as one secret weapon. Windows 10 offers you the option to create custom keyboard shortcuts that allow you to [...] This post...
  10. Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working: Neither Caps Lock + Esc nor Win key + Enter are working. Forced to go to Task Manager to turn off and Control Panel to Ease of Access to turn on. 71089