Windows 10: how to turn off Dell XPS monitor and use only 2 external monitors

Discus and support how to turn off Dell XPS monitor and use only 2 external monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS with Windows 10. I have it set up in a docking station and want to use only the 2 external monitors, and shut the XPS, not using that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoAnnMcKenzie, Jul 27, 2019.

1. how to turn off Dell XPS monitor and use only 2 external monitors

I have a Dell XPS with Windows 10. I have it set up in a docking station and want to use only the 2 external monitors, and shut the XPS, not using that monitor. I don't see how to turn off one of the 3 displays. Can you assist? Thank you.

:)

JoAnnMcKenzie, Jul 27, 2019

2. Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Suman_B Win User
    External Monitor cannot recognized

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the model number of the Insignia screen?
    2. What is the model of your Dell system?
    3. May I know the exact error message you are receiving on the screen?

I would suggest you to follow the methods below and get back to us with the results.

Method 1: Set up dual monitors on Windows 10.

Please refer the article to
    Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

and check.

Method 2: Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10.

You can refer the guided walk-through to Troubleshoot
    external monitor connections in Windows 10

We await your response.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 27, 2019
  4. how to turn off Dell XPS monitor and use only 2 external monitors

External monitor

On my Dell XPS 13 Windows 10 laptop, my external monitor is only detected if I reboot the laptop. Then if I disconnect it for some time and then reconnect it, the monitor is no longer detected and I have to reboot. Then it is detected again. This isn't
    a huge problem but somewhat irritating. Anyone know why this is happening?

Bill Brockhouse, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

how to turn off Dell XPS monitor and use only 2 external monitors

1. how to turn off Dell XPS monitor and use only 2 external monitors - Similar Threads - turn off Dell

2. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  3. Monitors turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  4. turn monitor off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    turn monitor off: How to turn monitor off imediatelly after pc boot up so it's not On for 20 minutes after pc boots up. I don't want to change power settings because for the rest of the time it should be like it is in settings it turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity. I tried nircmd and...
  5. External monitor is turning on and off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is turning on and off: Hello, today I woke up and the monitor that is connected to my laptop has started flickering on and off when I connect it with my HDMI cord. The monitor itself isn't broken because when I unplug the cord the monitor will stay on fine. This has happened before and I fixed it...
  6. Monitor Not Turning Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Not Turning Off: Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Bland_Biscuit [link] [comments]...
  7. External Dell Gaming Monitor randomly turns off and shuts down computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External Dell Gaming Monitor randomly turns off and shuts down computer?: Hi, I have an external monitor that gets recognized when I turn on my computer and startup but then cuts off a few seconds after it's recognized. If I leave it connect, it slips into searching for connection mode and then can't find the signal and turns itself off along with...
  8. How to turn off Laptop Screen when using External Monitor

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off Laptop Screen when using External Monitor: [ATTACH]If you want to turn off the laptop screen when using an external monitor, you can follow this guide. It is possible to switch off […] This article How to turn off Laptop Screen when using External Monitor first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Turn off Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Monitor: How to turn off the monitor ? It's impossible with Windows settings ! [Original Title: Monitor] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/turn-off-monitor/049f875b-88bc-4203-9d59-bc561a18167f
  10. Monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off: This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway? 11252