Windows 10: How to turn off Hybrid Sleep when PC is on battery or plugged in

Discus and support How to turn off Hybrid Sleep when PC is on battery or plugged in in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to disable or turn off Hybrid Sleep when your Windows 10 […] This article How to turn off Hybrid Sleep when PC is on battery or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 30, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to turn off Hybrid Sleep when PC is on battery or plugged in

WinClub, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep

"I don't suggest altering as important a setting as this until you have resolved your current issue."

No, just the normal Sleep entry

"I suggest you go to the Asus support site and get another copy of the display driver then install it.
    While you're there, check for any Bios updates."

Denis

3. How to disable "hybrid sleep" after the latest Windows 10 update (1803)?

Hello try these steps to disable hybrid sleep

Click on Start button (or Win-X Power User Menu in Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8), then go to Control Panel .

Click on System and Maintenance link, then click on Power Options to run the applet.

Click on Change plan settings under the active selected power plan, i.e. the one which are ticked.

Change Windows Power Settings

On the “Change settings for the plan” page, click on Change advanced power settings.

Change Advanced Windows Power Settings

On the “Advanced settings” tab of “Power Options”, expand Sleep tree, then expand Allow hybrid sleep subtree.

Depending on your computer power configuration, you will see different options available:

For desktop computer relying on AC power, select On from the drop-down list of “Settings” option. On this system on direct current, it’s best to use Hybrid Sleep to ensure that system state is intact when memory is losing power.

For notebook and laptop computer or probably those on UPS, there are 2 settings available – “On battery” and “Plugged in”. Select Off from the drop-down list as the value for both options.

Turn Off Hybrid Sleep

Click on bottom “OK” button when done.

Click “Save changes” if the button is not grayed out.

Please let me know if that helps

MikeSnyder61704, Nov 30, 2020
  4. How to turn off Hybrid Sleep when PC is on battery or plugged in

sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep

I went to advanced setting and turned hybrid sleep to on when on battery, just now.
    since I use an NVME drive, it should be able to hybrid sleep safely.

Do you see a 'hybrid sleep' in the shut down menu???

My intel board get intel driver updates regularly running this

sdowney717, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

How to turn off Hybrid Sleep when PC is on battery or plugged in

1. How to turn off Hybrid Sleep when PC is on battery or plugged in - Similar Threads - turn off Hybrid

2. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  3. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  4. Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in: When I plug in my charger, the battery saver option is disabled. As my system charges to 100%, it shows as turned on and it won't turn off. How do I fix this?...
  5. Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in

Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in: When I plug in my charger, the battery saver option is disabled. As my system charges to 100%, it shows as turned on and it won't turn off. How do I fix this?...
  6. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  7. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  8. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

9. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid Sleep: I have looked at the web and whilst some say it is a beneficial feature, others say to disable it. I read one link that stated even Microsoft recommended disabling it to prevent it from interfering with Windows updates. I have it disabled at present. Comments please. 173412
  10. PC turns off when set to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns off when set to sleep: Running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. Every time I set my computer to go to sleep, the computer shuts down immediately instead. I have tried... Changing my default power options (set to sleep in all categories) Turning OFF fast startup (currently turned off) Changing...