Windows 10: How to turn off internal HDD in Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support How to turn off internal HDD in Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; MSI laptop with a 1 TB internal HDD and a 500 MB SSD. I like the configuration but want the HDD only to store copies of things on the SSD. But the HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wim Kimmerer, Apr 23, 2019.

1. How to turn off internal HDD in Windows 10 laptop

MSI laptop with a 1 TB internal HDD and a 500 MB SSD. I like the configuration but want the HDD only to store copies of things on the SSD. But the HDD keeps running off and on all the time. I turned off indexing, and tried a few other things I found in responses to other similar questions, but so far nothing has worked.

It would seem that the user should be able to control the activities of a hard disk, given that there are several places with things like "disk management" if you know the secret pathways to them.

So, how can I get control over this thing which is driving me nuts and wasting battery life?

Thank you

:)

Wim Kimmerer, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Manoj111 Win User

How to turn off internal HDD in Windows 10 laptop

internal HDD

Namaskar Friends

This is my first post, I wish to know the maximum size of Int HDD that can support My present Asus MoBo

P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

pl suggest BIOS version is up to date 1107

Manoj111, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

How to turn off internal HDD in Windows 10 laptop

1. How to turn off internal HDD in Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - turn off internal

2. How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?: Hello guys!I have to replace my HDD as is faulty. How do I do this?How do I install Windows to the new HDD using my same laptop? Before I open it and physically replace it??Full picture:I've got a laptop with a faulty HDD that is going out.I'm buying a new HDDWhen I get the...
  3. How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?: Hello guys!I have to replace my HDD as is faulty. How do I do this?How do I install Windows to the new HDD using my same laptop? Before I open it and physically replace it??Full picture:I've got a laptop with a faulty HDD that is going out.I'm buying a new HDDWhen I get the...
  4. turn off linux hdd under windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    turn off linux hdd under windows: Hi, Can I turn off the only linux hdd's at (win 10) boot time? Thanks 172842
  5. How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?: How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-internal-speaker-in-windows/cee9b6a8-ed55-462a-b0a5-972d56f42f00
  6. Secondary HDD not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not turning off: Hey guys, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro yesterday and so far everything works great, the only problem is that my secondary HDD always stays on. I have a 128GB SSD as my main drive and an 750GB HDD as my secondary drive for games, pictures and stuff. Since the...
  7. Internal HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD: Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year. It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I want to open a document there is a slight delay in the opening of it as all documents pictures etc are all stored on the...
  8. HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off: Hi there. An old problem seems to have re-occurred with W10 -- I had a post ages ago - can't find it - about this problem --if I haven't used the computer for a while and then I want to browse files on a standard HDD there is a delay while the HDD powers on (or seems to)...
  9. how to access documents on internal hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    how to access documents on internal hdd: May I ask a question on behalf of my son Please. He has just updated his desktop from windows 7 to windows 10,All went fine. The only issue that he has,He has all the documents photos etc on a second internal hdd and the C drive has only the Windows ten operating system....
  10. Windows 10 not seeing internal HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not seeing internal HDD: Hi I have a problem after a windows update where evrytime I booted into windows it wanted to check the disk and I had to press any key to cancel, so after searching the internet got this site up https://www.raymond.cc/blog/disable-...ndows-startup/ and used example : Start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn on HDD

2. turn off laptop hdd

3. secondary hdd turn off windows 10