Windows 10: How to turn off Language switch bar

Discus and support How to turn off Language switch bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! After last November update, when switching languages, I've started to get this bar with all languages i use (switch between) on the side of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yeye11, Nov 16, 2019.

1. yeye11 Win User

How to turn off Language switch bar

Hello!

After last November update, when switching languages, I've started to get this bar with all languages i use (switch between)

on the side of the screen.

Why microsoft just adding stuff that I don't need

and there is no instruction how to remove this trash!

So extremely annoying that I have to tune my

system and spend few hours and sometimes days

just to search how to fix back to what is comfortable for me.

This is my time and my money!

I have only classical language bar and it is docked but

as soon I start switching between languages

the stupid floating window coming up

Hope I'll get answer soon how to remove this stupid bar.

----------------------

IMPORTANT!

NOT the language bar in the taskbar BUT THE stupid popup window on the side of the screen

that appears when I switch between languages with help of alt+shift!!!

And this came up with the LAST windows update in my case nov.2019.

:)

yeye11, Nov 16, 2019

2. Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it)

Hi,
    This is the answer, the same as in Windows 8.1
    The Windows Club: Turn Off Language Bar or Input Indicator in Windows 8.1

Also make sure in the last step "The Text Services and Input Languages settings box" 'Hidden'
    Best regards How to turn off Language switch bar :)

Flyfisherman, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Language bar is gone in windows 10

Hello,

I understand that the Language Bar is not found in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control Panel.
    • Search Language and select it.
    • Left side pane select Advanced settings.
    • Under Switching Input methods check mark "Use the desktop language bar when its available."
    • Click Save. Check if the issue persists.
    Please post to us if you have any further issues in Windows. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 16, 2019
  4. yeye11 Win User

Hello!

After last November update, when switching languages, I've started to get this bar with all languages i use (switch between)

Why microsoft just adding stuff that I don't need

and there is no instruction how to remove this trash!

So extremely annoying that I have to tune my

system and spend few hours and sometimes days

just to search how to fix back to what is comfortable for me.

This is my time and my money!

I have only classical language bar and it is docked but

as soon I start switching between languages

the stupid floating window coming up

Hope I'll get answer soon how to remove this stupid bar.

yeye11, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. How to turn off Language switch bar - Similar Threads - turn off Language

2. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language: Nothing I do brings up the language bar. I had it working and now it is not.I've tried settings Use the desktop language bar when it is available, everything in "Language bar options" "Input language hot keys", windows settings doesn't work....
  3. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language: Nothing I do brings up the language bar. I had it working and now it is not.I've tried settings Use the desktop language bar when it is available, everything in "Language bar options" "Input language hot keys", windows settings doesn't work....
  4. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language: My OS is windows 10 Home 19041.572. I've installed all updates, and the recent updates may break the language. The 1st problem is I cannot see the language icon in the task bar anymore, even if the language is on in the taskbar settingsby default it is on and I didn't touch...
  6. Language switching overlay how to turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language switching overlay how to turn off: When using alt shift to change language inputs, there's will be such an overlay on the right side of the screen, near the medium but slightly below that, that is pretty much the same when I click on the language icon in taskbar. The overlay works also, if I keep pressing down...
  7. How to turn off language shortcut key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to turn off language shortcut key: How to turn off language shortcut key ? Because when I play team building PUBG game, I often press this switch Thank you very much ! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-language-shortcut-key/40379a7e-b0f2-43f8-8335-ba634d4637be
  8. How to turn off Language switch bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off Language switch bar: Hello! After last November update, when switching languages, I've started to get this bar with all languages i use (switch between) on the side of the screen. Why microsoft just adding stuff that I don't need and there is no instruction how to remove this trash! So...
  9. Turn On or Off Language Bar and Input Indicator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Language Bar and Input Indicator in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Language Bar and Input Indicator in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Language Bar and Input Indicator in Windows 10 In Windows, you can configure your keyboard to use a different keyboard layout or input method to type in another language. The...
  10. Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it)

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it): Hello, I'd like to hide the language bar, as I did with Win7. Currently I have 2 keyboard layouts installed (German, which I use and English) My display language is English, and it seems I cannot remove the English keyboard layout (is it true? suggestions?) Under Win7, when...