Windows 10: How to turn off monitor auto detection?

Discus and support How to turn off monitor auto detection? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As in, when turning a monitor off, the computer doesn't automatically notice that and change things. submitted by /u/lemonvan [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lemonvan, Nov 20, 2020.

1. How to turn off monitor auto detection?

As in, when turning a monitor off, the computer doesn't automatically notice that and change things.

submitted by /u/lemonvan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lemonvan, Nov 20, 2020
  2. tomerdror Win User

Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10

I use 3 monitors right now. 2 of them are working great but the main one is having a problem.

when I turn off my primary monitor (Dell s2716dg) the pc does not recognize the monitor and all my desktop is messed up.

I found people are talking about disabling the monitor auto detection to solve this problem but I can not find how to disable it.

Hope you have answers for this problem even if it's not disabling the auto detection and it's another way of solving this problem.

tomerdror, Nov 20, 2020
  3. MartinRJ Win User
    Prevent Auto Monitor Detection

Sadly this doesn't work for me.

I changed the value of "UselViewHelper" to 0 and rebooted, but Windows 10 still auto-detected the monitors.

MartinRJ, Nov 20, 2020
  4. How to turn off monitor auto detection?

"monitor off" detection moving windows to turned off monitors

I have been pulling my hair out for months with my Triple 4K setup because every time the computer goes to sleep, the monitors get screwed up. I finally found a program that allows you to manually override EDID info for your displays and force your desired
    resolution so the screens will always be setup correctly when you turn on the computer. The program is also free.

Check out Custom Resolution Utility

Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)

Once you run it:

• Disable all of the default "Established Resolutions"
    • Delete all of the default "Detailed Resolutions"
    • Delete all of the default "Standard Resolutions"
    • Add a new "Detailed Resolution"
    • Under new "Detailed Resolution" I left all of the settings the same except for the active horizontal and vertical pixel dimensions, which is obviously where you set your desired screen resolution.
    • Then repeat steps 1-5 for each monitor.
    • Once all monitors are configured properly, close CRU and run the restart.exe or restart64.exe included with CRU and you should be good to go!

I hope this helps other folks who are having similar issues to me with Windows 10 monitor auto detection and displayport connections.

RagingNomad, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

How to turn off monitor auto detection?

1. How to turn off monitor auto detection? - Similar Threads - turn off monitor

2. Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.: Hi, Monitor: AW2721dGPU: TUF 3080Cable: Display port.Everything was fine last week. And on a boot did nothing, got that oversatured colors like the white hurts my eyes..After hours of searching and trying:My monitor is in HDR mode even if windows HDR is off. see image If i...
  3. Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.: Hi, Monitor: AW2721dGPU: TUF 3080Cable: Display port.Everything was fine last week. And on a boot did nothing, got that oversatured colors like the white hurts my eyes..After hours of searching and trying:My monitor is in HDR mode even if windows HDR is off. see image If i...
  4. Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.: Hi, Monitor: AW2721dGPU: TUF 3080Cable: Display port.Everything was fine last week. And on a boot did nothing, got that oversatured colors like the white hurts my eyes..After hours of searching and trying:My monitor is in HDR mode even if windows HDR is off. see image It only...
  5. Is it finally possible to turn off auto-detection for my screen?

Is it finally possible to turn off auto-detection for my screen?: So i have 3 screens. one of them is connected by displayport so everytime i turn it off everything gets moved to a different screen. ive seen that this problem has been around since vista and could be fixed easily just by letting us decide. so is there any way to fix is now...
  6. Disable Monitor Auto Detect

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Monitor Auto Detect: Hello Microsoft. A few days ago, I bought a new desktop. The PC is from HP, the video card is a GeForce RTX 2060 and both monitors are Samsung CJG52. The main monitor is connected by the DisplayPort input and the second monitor is connected by the HDMI input. The problem is...
  7. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...
  8. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...
  9. how to turn off auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...
  10. Monitor detected even if turned off

Monitor detected even if turned off: Hi, I have external monitor connected to my laptop via HDMI-HDMI cable. I extend Windows 10 desktop to external monitor (making external monitor primary). Now if I turn off external monitor Windows 10 _used_ to detect this, after which it stopped display extension, and made...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off auto detect monitor windows 10

2. windows 10 disable auto detect monitor