Windows 10: How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page

Discus and support How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have searched all over the internet and these forums, and it seems many people are searching the same thing. How do I turn off the mouse auto click... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by presmudjo, Sep 19, 2015.

1. presmudjo Win User

How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page

I have searched all over the internet and these forums, and it seems many people are searching the same thing. How do I turn off the mouse auto click when it hovers over a link in a web page. I downloaded the windows 10 and it has started doing this. I can't find a thing anywhere about this issue. I have an Asus laptop and a Toshiba laptop and they are both doing this since getting the windows 10. I spend more time going back to my original page than I get to read the original page! Try shopping and reading a description. Taking a test online was challenging to say the least.

:)

presmudjo, Sep 19, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 19, 2015
  3. How to disable the mouse hover feature in windows 10?

Original Title: Windows 10 mouse setting

Hi. How do you disable the mouse hover feature in windows 10? I want to select web pages, pictures etc by clicking and not when the mouse hovers over the object.

TIA for and help.

PatrickdDoyle, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

5. presmudjo Win User
    That is turned off, has been off since the beginning. I thought that had to do with opening a tab at the top when you have multiply tabs, by only hovering over it. An example of what I have going on is say I am on a page from Staples or Walmart. I am scrolling looking at items. I pause as I am reading. Bam, a new page opens with the item my mouse may have been over. That is what I want to stop and can't find a thing to stop it. Thanks.

Edit: sorry about that. Windows 10 does not have those options you show. All I find is one line, which I thought was what you showed. All I have is scroll inactive windows when I scroll over them, and that is off.

presmudjo, Sep 19, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Try clicking it on and apply. Then go back in, uncheck and apply. From the last post of my earlier link,

7. presmudjo Win User
    I have been in ease of use, and the above option shown, is not there in windows 10. In devices, mouse, the only option is what I stated above and I have turned it on and off multiple times. That is what is so frustrating. Why is the above not shown in my ease of use?

presmudjo, Sep 20, 2015
  8. presmudjo Win User

No one else is having this issue? The option of make is easy to use mouse is not there in Windows 10. I don't have the pro version, I have whatever they updated me to from windows 8. I now hate using the computer because of this mouse issue.

presmudjo, Sep 24, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    Check your Touchpad Settings.

Edwin, Sep 25, 2015
  10. presmudjo Win User
    Thank you. I had already been there. Nothing there for mouse auto click or anything like that.

presmudjo, Sep 27, 2015
  11. presmudjo Win User
    wow, I thought someone would have an answer for me by now. I see lots of views on this. I think many people are having this issue. I don't know where to find the shut off key for this!

presmudjo, Oct 6, 2015
  12. cbwilsha Win User
    Try this: Control Panel>>File Explorer Options>>Select double-click rather than Single-click to open (point to select).

cbwilsha, Oct 6, 2015
  13. presmudjo Win User

Thank you cbwilsha! I searched for control panel, and found the control panel that they hid so well in windows 10. I did have the double click selected, but it made it so easy for me to find all the other parts of control. I totally dislike that you have to search for the control panel to get to what you really need to fine tune your computer. I will get back in a couple days to let you all know what I find. Life will keep me from the computer for a couple days.

presmudjo, Oct 7, 2015
  14. dalchina New Member
  15. presmudjo Win User
    ok, this is what I have found. I believe it is a bug in Windows 10 since it didn't do it at first with the upgrade. In the smart gesture section of control panel. I turned everything off except scroll and zoom. I have not had any issues since. Now, the reason I didn't think it was this is because your fingers didn't have to be touching the pad for the mouse to auto click! All it had to do was hover for like one second and it opened whatever. I will mark this as solved once I verify this truly is a fix. Now I get to start another thread because my network adapter is suddenly going crazy and I have to be hardwired sometimes to get to internet.

presmudjo, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

1. How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page - Similar Threads - turn off mouse

2. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  3. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  4. Mouse hover-over volume auto-scroll bug/issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse hover-over volume auto-scroll bug/issue: I have a weird problem with my mouse logitech anywhere 2. If I mouse-mover-over a scroll bar for instance youtube volume slider or a text file it auto-scolls automatically just by moving the pointer over it - if I go over volume slider is slides to the left, if I hover over a...
  5. Turn off mouse hover

Turn off mouse hover: The mouse hover feature is the absolute worst feature I have ever seen. Windows open and close on their own and one time it even deleted a folder of important files. I have a recent version of Windows 10 Home edition. In an old Microsoft community post it showed how to do...
  6. Turn Off Mouse Auto Select

Turn Off Mouse Auto Select: When my mouse pointer hovers over a button, after a short while it auto selects even though I have not clicked on it. How do I turn this off please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-mouse-auto-select/b3004ee6-64fd-4649-8571-e2fbd02caa55
  7. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/
  8. turn off mouse hover play

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off mouse hover play: I am often editing music and video files names. I move the mouse over the file and music or video plays. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-mouse-hover-play/e30da0aa-ae97-48d2-8aa4-d3c5ef102433
  9. How to turn off Cortana auto web search ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Cortana auto web search ?: When I type in cortana to search my PC, for ex: task manager..I get a stack of web site results from the web also. How do I disable the web search option on cortana , to just search PC ? If I want to search web I will use google.*Smilethanks 15063.138 / 1703 win10 82150
  10. Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows How to Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows By default in Windows, you need to click/tap on a window to make it active and bring it into focus. If you like,...