Windows 10: How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page

Discus and support How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sorry in delay getting back to you all on this. I found the culprit. It was in the smart gesture. Anything under the one finger headline, I turned off.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by presmudjo, Sep 19, 2015.

1. presmudjo Win User

How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page

Sorry in delay getting back to you all on this. I found the culprit. It was in the smart gesture. Anything under the one finger headline, I turned off. It seems the pad is so sensitive that it must have been clicking as I was moving my finger off. Thank you all.

presmudjo, Nov 22, 2015
  2. don54 Win User

My computer was really acting weird on firefox my mouse was bouncing all over the place. I tried the private window of firefox this worked my mouse stopped the bouncing. Next I realized it was not the mouse but the companies that track pages. I found on firefox a addon called blur that stops companies from tracking my mouse is not acting weird anymore. hope this helps

don54, Jul 29, 2016
  3. citizenz Win User
    no one else has this problem? It is sending me round the bend tried everything. I keep loosing things because programs open or ads over or anything else happens. It is the main reason I hate windows 10 I loosed something I am doing several times a day.

citizenz, Sep 1, 2016
  4. citizenz Win User

Double click is already set. All I do is hover over things and they open up. I believe that it is simply a revenue grasping policy when you open up advertisements. It is sending me potty.

citizenz, Sep 1, 2016
  5. citizenz Win User
    I have found a possible solution on another forum, you turn off the tapping option in the mouse pad options.

citizenz, Sep 1, 2016
  6. ku4gw Win User
    I am having this exact same issue with Windows 10 Home x64 version 1607 Build 14393.321 and have tried all the suggestions posted so far, but still can't stop this issue. I've been having all kinds of weird issues since installing the anniversary update as have thousands of other Windows 10 users I've found in many different forums by doing a Google search on the issue. Mine does crazy things like when clicking a link it will sometimes open in 2 separate tabs, sometimes when I close a tab it will close the one beside of it too, sometimes when I minimize a window that was full screen size when I reopen it, it will be a small window, sometimes when I minimize a window or close a tab the entire browser will close, most of the time if I click a link or a drop down menu I have to click it several times before it will finally accept my click, and lots of other weird happenings! I've tried removing the mouse in Device Manager and rebooting to reinstall it and have the latest driver installed as well, but this hasn't helped at all! It's a Windows 10 operating system problem that only began after installing the anniversary update and is driving me nuts! I sure hope Microsoft will soon release a update to resolve the issue! I've read on some of the help forums where people are getting the blue screen and their computer repeatedly crashing since the version 1607 installation. Thank God mine isn't doing that, knock on wood!

ku4gw, Oct 15, 2016
  7. try this settings devices than auto play all media turn it off seems to stop it

triton2007, Nov 6, 2016
  8. ku4gw Win User

I discovered after much reading and trials and errors on many things that all of the mouse issues I have struggled with since installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 that the issue had nothing at all to do with the operating system and turned out to have been caused by the Logitech mouse software titled Setpoint version 6.67.83_64 all along! As soon as I uninstalled this software all my mouse issues went away and have not returned. It was doing crazy things like opening 2 tabs at once when I clicked a link, closing more than one tab when I closed one and sometimes closing the entire web browser. Auto clicking links I just pointed at although the mouse setting was turned off in the Window's Control Panel for it to do that. Anyway, it's fixed now and no more Setpoint Logitech mouse software is on my PC. Soooo thankful I finally discovered the cause because it was driving me nuts! Thanks for your reply triton2007, but that wasn't the cause of my issue. Thankfully I found it though and fixed it by removing the Setpoint mouse software. My very best regards! *Smile

ku4gw, Nov 10, 2016
  9. rwjens Win User
    To get to the old style Control Panel in Windows 10, type "Control Panel" into the "Search the web and Windows" box.
    Then click "Ease of Access", then "Ease of Access Center", then "Change how your mouse works" and you will find the setting you are looking for. Un-click the "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse".
    How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page [​IMG]

rwjens, Mar 6, 2017
  10. tjubb Win User
    So, when I uncheck this option, after every reboot it get re-enabled. Any idea what might be re-enabling this? Not a huge deal but it is a nuisance to deal with after ever reboot. I don't need the hover option to be enabled. Thanks.

tjubb, Oct 2, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    It sounds like the change isn't being written to the registry hive when you shut down.

dalchina, Oct 2, 2017
  12. tjubb Win User
    Any idea how to force it?

tjubb, Oct 2, 2017
  13. dalchina New Member

Did you actually click 'Apply'?

How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 3, 2017
  14. tjubb Win User
    Yep, every time!

tjubb, Oct 3, 2017
  15. dalchina New Member
    Suggest you create a new user just for test purposes and try with that. If it's ok then, there's no basic Windows corruption.
    Might be a registry permission problem, but I'm guessing.

Try with the same user to change some other setting that will be stored in registry and see if that works- like the one below it. (I think that's 'snap').

Otherwise the problem needs specific research, unless someone comes along with a good idea...

dalchina, Oct 3, 2017
Thema:

1. How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page - Similar Threads - turn off mouse

2. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  3. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  4. Mouse hover-over volume auto-scroll bug/issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse hover-over volume auto-scroll bug/issue: I have a weird problem with my mouse logitech anywhere 2. If I mouse-mover-over a scroll bar for instance youtube volume slider or a text file it auto-scolls automatically just by moving the pointer over it - if I go over volume slider is slides to the left, if I hover over a...
  5. Turn off mouse hover

Turn off mouse hover: The mouse hover feature is the absolute worst feature I have ever seen. Windows open and close on their own and one time it even deleted a folder of important files. I have a recent version of Windows 10 Home edition. In an old Microsoft community post it showed how to do...
  6. Turn Off Mouse Auto Select

Turn Off Mouse Auto Select: When my mouse pointer hovers over a button, after a short while it auto selects even though I have not clicked on it. How do I turn this off please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-mouse-auto-select/b3004ee6-64fd-4649-8571-e2fbd02caa55
  7. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/
  8. turn off mouse hover play

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off mouse hover play: I am often editing music and video files names. I move the mouse over the file and music or video plays. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-mouse-hover-play/e30da0aa-ae97-48d2-8aa4-d3c5ef102433
  9. How to turn off Cortana auto web search ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Cortana auto web search ?: When I type in cortana to search my PC, for ex: task manager..I get a stack of web site results from the web also. How do I disable the web search option on cortana , to just search PC ? If I want to search web I will use google.*Smilethanks 15063.138 / 1703 win10 82150
  10. Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows How to Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows By default in Windows, you need to click/tap on a window to make it active and bring it into focus. If you like,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i hover the mouse it automatically clicks on the link

2. how to turn off the hover highlight on webpage

3. Turn off Hover on you web page

4. how-turn-off-mouse-hover-auto-click-when-over-link-web-page,
  5. how to stop mouse from opening things when i hover ,
  6. turn off auto click mouse hover windows 10