Windows 10: How to turn off my touchpad - Windows 10

Discus and support How to turn off my touchpad - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I turn off the touchpad. I went to Settings/Devices/Touchpad but found no toggle switch to turn off the Touchpad. I have Windows 10, and a Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pbgMX, Dec 27, 2019.

1. pbgMX Win User

How to turn off my touchpad - Windows 10

How do I turn off the touchpad. I went to Settings/Devices/Touchpad but found no toggle switch to turn off the Touchpad. I have Windows 10, and a Dell E6530 Laptop. Thanks.

:)

pbgMX, Dec 27, 2019

2. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Dec 27, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 27, 2019
  4. How to turn off my touchpad - Windows 10

Unable to turn off and on touchpad after the latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing turning off touchpad on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• what is the make and model of your device?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and enable.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

How to turn off my touchpad - Windows 10

1. How to turn off my touchpad - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - turn off touchpad

2. how to turn off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to turn off touchpad?: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. I previously found a program which allowed me to turn off the touchpad, in favor of a mouse. A windows update deleted this option. I now cannot find any information in Windows 10, or even the internet to allow me to turn off the mouse. Would...
  3. How to turn off Touchpad on my MSi

How to turn off Touchpad on my MSi: I have tried every thing and it still will not turn off. I have gone into Device Options and uninstalled it and it keeps coming back. Please help me get rid of it. It is driving me crazy....
  4. Turning off TouchPad

Turning off TouchPad: So I ran a Windows update and now I can't turn off the TouchPad. When I go Control Panel > Hardware > Mouse and click Touch Pad there is NO "disable TouchPad when mouse plugged in" box like before. After 30 minutes of searching I give up, so here I am asking for help....
  5. Turning off touchpad

Turning off touchpad: months ago I finally figured out how to turn off my touchpad which moves the cursor while I type and causes all sorts of mistakes; suddenly, it's back on again and I can't turn it off; I've even uninstalled it but that doesn't work; the button for "disable" in the settings is...
  6. Turning Off TouchPad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning Off TouchPad: Since receiving the most recent Windows 10 update my touchpad has become activated which is very annoying when using the keyboard. I prefer to use a mouse. The Setting for turning off the touchpad is no longer present nor the button on the toolbar. I tried uninstalling the...
  7. How to turn off touchpad in windows 10

How to turn off touchpad in windows 10: How do I turn off the touchpad in Windows 10. I prefer the trackpoint and the touchpad interferes with using the keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-touchpad-in-windows-10/f66702da-77da-46f0-8373-1ec64d0f101b
  8. How to turn off Touchpad on Windows 10 Elitebook 8570

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to turn off Touchpad on Windows 10 Elitebook 8570: Hello! My touchpad is constantly on and when I try to turn it off it never works. I tried going into the control pannel and disabling it, but to no avail, since there is no 'touchpad' icon available. Picture below[ATTACH] I use my mouse all the time and I don't need the...
  9. turning off the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off the touchpad: I am using a HP laptop with windows 10. I am using a wireless mouse and used to be able to turnoff the touchpad when using the mouse. I can't find where to. I am using a Microsoft wireless mouse....
  10. turn off touchpad for windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off touchpad for windows 10: Hi I have an HP Stream and I'm trying to turn off the touchpad so I can just use the USB Mouse could yall please help me figure out how to turn it off thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no toggle to turn off touchpad