Windows 10: How to turn off PIN sign-in - don't want it and at times my computer insists on it until I...

Discus and support How to turn off PIN sign-in - don't want it and at times my computer insists on it until I... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The details are the subject. I ignore the pin, have never set one up, yet my computer at times will only warm boot with it - when I shut it down are... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EylarNewton, Jun 9, 2019.

1. How to turn off PIN sign-in - don't want it and at times my computer insists on it until I...

The details are the subject. I ignore the pin, have never set one up, yet my computer at times will only warm boot with it - when I shut it down are restart I can once again rely on facial recognition, which is fine. My password is fine. Don't want a pin.

:)

EylarNewton, Jun 9, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Sign-in taking time after setting up PIN

Hello Harold,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it is frustrating when the features don’t work the way there are supposed to. Usually, it takes time to login using the PIN after setting it up for the first time, as Windows optimizes and connects all the applications
    linked to your Microsoft account to give access using the PIN.

I suggest you to try logging in again and wait for some time to let Windows optimize the PIN for next use.

However, if you want to remove the PIN you can follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Login to the PC using password, and go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    2. Under PIN click on
      Remove.
    3. Enter the password and click on
      OK.
    4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 9, 2019
  4. How to turn off PIN sign-in - don't want it and at times my computer insists on it until I...

PIN

To resolve this issue with your PIN, follow these step:

• Restart your computer first, then after that, open File Explorer and browse to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work going forward.

Let us know how this turns out.

Marque Lor, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

How to turn off PIN sign-in - don't want it and at times my computer insists on it until I...

1. How to turn off PIN sign-in - don't want it and at times my computer insists on it until I... - Similar Threads - turn off PIN

2. How do I turn Microsoft Hello PIN sign-in off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn Microsoft Hello PIN sign-in off?: I accidentally enabled this terrible feature that requires me to enter a separate PIN prior to entering my password for websites on Chrome. I believe it's called Windows Hello. I'm trying to turn it off. However, whenever I go to where I should be able to disable it Accounts...
  3. How do I turn Microsoft Hello PIN sign-in off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn Microsoft Hello PIN sign-in off?: I accidentally enabled this terrible feature that requires me to enter a separate PIN prior to entering my password for websites on Chrome. I believe it's called Windows Hello. I'm trying to turn it off. However, whenever I go to where I should be able to disable it Accounts...
  4. How do I turn off Windows Hello PIN sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off Windows Hello PIN sign in?: Hi, I turned on by accident and set a PIN. I think it's when I added an business email and by accident allowed the business to manage my PC. Now, I'd want to switch back to password and remove the PIN sign-in option. However, the "Remove" button is greyed out. How can I...
  5. How do I turn off Windows Hello PIN sign in?

How do I turn off Windows Hello PIN sign in?: Hi, I turned on by accident and set a PIN. I think it's when I added an business email and by accident allowed the business to manage my PC. Now, I'd want to switch back to password and remove the PIN sign-in option. However, the "Remove" button is greyed out. How can I...
  6. I don't know how to sign in to Windows10 "The laptop is turned off"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I don't know how to sign in to Windows10 "The laptop is turned off": Iam download widows 10 in my laptop and I can't sign in Iam click sign in and create new account and complete all the data, but when I finish he tells me to make a pin and when I click next he tells me some thing went wrong and I don't know how to sign in to Windows10...
  7. I don't want to "Allow the computer to turn off Wi-Fi to save power" but I do want...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I don't want to "Allow the computer to turn off Wi-Fi to save power" but I do want...: Wake-on-LAN is setup correctly via magic packet, but a problem yet persists.[ATTACH] As you can see in the screenshot, I am unable to keep my computer from turning off the Wi-Fi adapter thus not allowing me to wake it up after a certain amount of time which is very annoying....
  8. how can i turn off using a pin everytime i turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i turn off using a pin everytime i turn on my computer: I don't want to use a pin when I turn on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-using-a-pin-everytime-i-turn-on/4ec35e64-0283-4858-a413-0d264805e5b3
  9. I don't want to sign in all the time for every thing

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want to sign in all the time for every thing: I don't want to sign in for everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-want-to-sign-in-all-the-time-for-every/0d8226c6-edce-4f7e-95b0-0d2eb678968c
  10. How do I turn off Windows apps that I don't want?

How do I turn off Windows apps that I don't want?: First on my list is "Store". I have repeated told my firewall to always deny, but it keeps coming up. I know there are other Windows 10 apps that are just as pushy, and take up lots of CPU and bandwidth. What are they and how can I safely turn them off? 115199