Windows 10: How to turn off pin

Discus and support How to turn off pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; how to turn this off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-pin/da8886b4-6103-4204-876a-b022ebd6d046 Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by sandy452, Feb 23, 2021.

1. sandy452 Win User

How to turn off pin

how to turn this off

:)

sandy452, Feb 23, 2021

2. PIN

To resolve this issue with your PIN, follow these step:

• Restart your computer first, then after that, open File Explorer and browse to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work going forward.

Let us know how this turns out.

Marque Lor, Feb 23, 2021
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Feb 23, 2021
  4. JayPhi Win User

How to turn off pin

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Thanks topgundcp,

but I meant to clear the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the People button, not hide or turn off the People button itself.

JayPhi, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

How to turn off pin

1. How to turn off pin - Similar Threads - turn off pin

2. Turn OFF Windows PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn OFF Windows PIN: The OPTION to turn off Windows PIN is disabled. This is my HOME Computer and it is annoying having to sign in whenever I leave the computer for a couple minutes. How can I turn this off? I'm using Windows 11 Pro. Thank you....
  3. Turn OFF Windows PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn OFF Windows PIN: The OPTION to turn off Windows PIN is disabled. This is my HOME Computer and it is annoying having to sign in whenever I leave the computer for a couple minutes. How can I turn this off? I'm using Windows 11 Pro. Thank you....
  4. How can I turn off the PIN verification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I turn off the PIN verification?: How can I turn off the PIN verification? Every time I log in to anything it requires me to put in my PIN after I enter my email and password and its driving me CRAZY!!...
  5. Turn off PIN Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off PIN Login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  6. Turn off PIN Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off PIN Login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  7. Turning off PIN login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off PIN login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  8. hoe to turn off pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    hoe to turn off pin: how to turn this off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hoe-to-turn-off-pin/da8886b4-6103-4204-876a-b022ebd6d046
  9. How to Turn off Windows 10 password / pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Turn off Windows 10 password / pin: The "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option is unchecked in netplwiz, "Require sign-in" option in settings is set to "Never", but I'm still asked to enter my PIN everytime. I live alone and don't need any safety measures. There was a 5 year old...
  10. How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?: I've had this PC for a few months now after having a MacBook. On the MacBook, I could make it so I could completely bypass a login screen and never have to enter a password when the computer went to sleep or was closed. I can't turn this off on my PC. I've tried used the...