Windows 10: How to turn off "Random hardware addresses" if there's no switch in settings.

Discus and support How to turn off "Random hardware addresses" if there's no switch in settings. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, my problem is not that I don't know where to turn off/on using Random hardware addresses for Wi-Fi connections. I have seen people say that you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarlosHA, Apr 5, 2021.

1. CarlosHA Win User

How to turn off "Random hardware addresses" if there's no switch in settings.

Hello, my problem is not that I don't know where to turn off/on using Random hardware addresses for Wi-Fi connections.

I have seen people say that you will only see that switch in Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi if your hardware supports it, or the driver or something.

I don't see that section in there or in the known network properties, it's just not there, but the computer still uses a random MAC address every time it connects to the router or every time I reboot Windows, it doesnt matter.

So, it's happening even if I don't see the control in settings. Does anyone know how to disable it some other way?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro.

:)

CarlosHA, Apr 5, 2021

2. [BUG] "Random hardware addresses" disable for known network does not work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Is your device connected to domain network?
    2. May I know what you exactly mean by "the "Random hardware address" is used even for known "whitelisted" networks"?

There's two controls for using random hardware addresses—one is for all Wi-Fi networks and the other is for the specific Wi-Fi network you choose. When you turn it on for all networks, random hardware addresses are used while your
    PC scans for networks and connects to any network. When it's turned on for a specific network you choose, random hardware addresses are used the next time you connect to that network.

Refer the article ‘How and why to use random hardware
    addresses
    ’ for more information.

We await for your response.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 5, 2021
  3. What is "Random Hardware Address" ?

What is "Random Hardware Address" ?

I want to know the detail information of "Random Hardware Address" function of Wi-Fi.

Please the documents/url about it.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Yoshihiro Kawababata, Apr 5, 2021
  4. KC_C Win User

Random Hardware Address Used for Windows 10?

Thank you for replying. I followed the link's instructions and checked for all Wifi ntwks and specific Wifi networks and my version (see orig. post), doesn't have 'Use random hardware addresses.'
    under either screen.

I looked through each link below and couldn't find it either.

For all Wifi I get:

Wifi on/off with these links:

-Show Available Networks

-Hardware PropertiesManage Know Networks

WiFi Services:

-Find paid plans for suggested open hotspots near me on/off

-Connect to suggested open hotspots on/off

Hotspot 2.0 networks:

Let me use Online Sign-Up to get connected on/off

Related Settings with these links:

-Change Adapter Options

-Change Advanced Sharing Options

-Network and Sharing Center

-HomeGroup

-Windows Firewall

For specific Wifi under Manage Known Networks I get a choice to
    turn on or off:

-Connect Automatically when in Range-Make this PC discoverable

-Metered connection

-Properties (of the router I selected)

Is it just not on my version of Windows 10 Home?

KC_C, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. How to turn off "Random hardware addresses" if there's no switch in settings. - Similar Threads - turn off Random

2. I can't turn on the setting called random hardware addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn on the setting called random hardware addresses: Since I can't do this how would I change my MAC addresses all the time or what setting can I turn on that is just as good? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-the-setting-called-random-hardware/045b69a7-762d-40e8-a707-c74b0614c420
  3. I can't turn on the setting called random hardware addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't turn on the setting called random hardware addresses: Since I can't do this how would I change my MAC addresses all the time or what setting can I turn on that is just as good? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-the-setting-called-random-hardware/045b69a7-762d-40e8-a707-c74b0614c420
  4. I can't turn on the setting called random hardware addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to Turn on Random Hardware Addresses in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn on Random Hardware Addresses in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]The Random Hardware Addresses feature is a great way to make sure that your computer is secure and no one is able to track your movement. In this post, we are going to see how to turn on Random Hardware Addresses in Windows 11/10 and more about this feature in detail....
  6. I need help turning off random hardware addressing but the setting isn't showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help turning off random hardware addressing but the setting isn't showing up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mattster_h [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjlysz/i_need_help_turning_off_random_hardware/
  7. random hardware address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    random hardware address: so normally you would have this option when you tap into network & internet > wifi[ATTACH] that is not my picture but in my case this is what happens [ATTACH]i have the lastest version of windows 10 btw can anyone please help me to get the option :...
  8. Random Hardware Addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random Hardware Addresses: How does one permanently disable this new Win10 feature? It screws up software licensing methods that depend on a static hardware id like the MAC address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-hardware-addresses/176e2b19-499d-459d-b47c-dc6737cf0485
  9. Turn On or Off Random Hardware MAC Addresses for Wi-Fi in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Random Hardware MAC Addresses for Wi-Fi in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Random Hardware MAC Addresses for Wi-Fi in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Random Hardware MAC Addresses for Wi-Fi in Windows 10 [img] Information When you're not connected to Wi-Fi, your PC sends a signal to look for Wi-Fi networks in the area...
  10. Wi-Fi Random Hardware Addresses - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Wi-Fi Random Hardware Addresses - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile: How to: Wi-Fi Random Hardware Addresses - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Turn On or Off Random Hardware MAC Addresses for Wi-Fi on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information When you’re not connected to WiFi, your phone will periodically send out a signal for WiFi...