Windows 10: How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail

Discus and support How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 current build - how do I turn off reading pane in the bundled Mail application? Reasons: 1) security 2) screen real estate If I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eric Levinson, Mar 12, 2019.

1. How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail

Windows 10 current build - how do I turn off reading pane in the bundled Mail application?

Reasons:

1) security

2) screen real estate

If I can't turn off reading pane - please provide instructions to remove, or erase profile.

Eric

:)

Eric Levinson, Mar 12, 2019
  2. CountMike Win User

Reading Pane in Mail

When I left click on it my reading pane turns off.
    I can also shrink mail APP from right side so it just shows list of messages without reading pane.

CountMike, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Reading Pane in Mail

Is there a way to turn off the reading Pane in the "Mail" app?

Just wondering as its a pain in the arse.

Thanks

sparker781, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Kbird Win User

How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail

Reading Pane in Mail

Clicking on the 4 Lines puts you in Selection Mode , it isn't really like in, for example WLM, where you didn't need to have the reading pane open which checking the message list , but then when you clicked on the message to read it, it opened another window with the message.

This is not possible with Win10 Mail AFAIK (yet) though I was it was too. On a touch screen ,eg Surface Tablet, you can now double tap the message to open it in the same window but a double click on a desktop doesn't do that , at least for me.

Kbird, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail

1. How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail - Similar Threads - turn off Reading

2. Preview Pane Reading Pane Disappeared from Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preview Pane Reading Pane Disappeared from Microsoft Mail: Not sure if it was related, but after performing the update of my MS 365 Office apps per notice bar in MS Word this morning, the preview pane Reading Pane in Microsoft Mail has disappeared. To view contents of an email message now, I must click it, which opens a whole new...
  3. Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane

Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane: How do you hide the reading pane in the Win10 mail app..? note: not talking about the Outlook office app! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-hiding-the-reading-pane/770bf758-fde1-43bc-808a-359ea9dfb86e
  4. how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10?: how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-the-read-pane-in-mail-of-windows/1b0e86ab-f23c-469a-b6a6-67f0c79d6742
  5. Can't see display setting in mail app to turn off reading pane

Can't see display setting in mail app to turn off reading pane: Hi, I am not able to see display setting in the Settings menu to turn off reading pane. I cannot also maximize the mail to the full screen option. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it but the settings doesn't show display/view option. Please help....
  6. Windows 10 Mail - How do I turn off the reading pane?

Windows 10 Mail - How do I turn off the reading pane?: I have Windows 10 at work and use Microsoft Office 2016 with Outlook for e-mail. I just bought a Windows 10 computer for home use and I'm using Mail. How do I turn off the reading pane???...
  7. How to turn off reading pane in the latest windows mail app

How to turn off reading pane in the latest windows mail app: I use Windows 10 1803 and I just can't handle the reading pane and it kinda sucks. It always consumes the space that could have been utilized by message previews and also could make it look less messy. The preview pane can not narrowed/shrink to zero so that it just doesn't...
  8. Mail Reading pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail Reading pane: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change the font size for all messages being read in the reading pane? I have adjusted the "view" settings, and have adjusted the size of the preview pane, but it seems that the sender's choices are overriding mine in the reading pane. It...
  9. Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared: Yesterday afternoon my mail app suddenly decided that I no longer wanted the reading pane off to the right side unless I am in full screen mode. If I open the window wider (but not full screen) it will either let me have the preview screen or the bar off to the left with the...
  10. Reading Pane in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail: Is there a way to turn off the reading Pane in the "Mail" app? Just wondering as its a pain in the arse. Thanks 52923

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off reading pane windows mail

2. windows 10 mail reading pane off

3. windows mail 10 not showing email in reading pane

4. windows 10 email reading pane,
  5. remove reading pane in windows 10 mail,
  6. remove preview pane in windows 10 mail,
  7. windows 10 mail remove reading pane,
  8. turn off reading pane in mail for windows 10,
  9. how to disable reading pane mail windows 10,
  10. windows 10 mail reading pane,
  11. windows mail reading pane turn off,