Windows 10: How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail

Discus and support How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 current build - how do I turn off reading pane in the bundled Mail application? Reasons: 1) security 2) screen real estate If I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eric Levinson, Mar 12, 2019.

1. How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail

Windows 10 current build - how do I turn off reading pane in the bundled Mail application?

Reasons:

1) security

2) screen real estate

If I can't turn off reading pane - please provide instructions to remove, or erase profile.

Eric

:)

Eric Levinson, Mar 12, 2019
  2. CountMike Win User

Reading Pane in Mail

When I left click on it my reading pane turns off.
    I can also shrink mail APP from right side so it just shows list of messages without reading pane.

CountMike, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Reading Pane in Mail

Is there a way to turn off the reading Pane in the "Mail" app?

Just wondering as its a pain in the arse.

Thanks

sparker781, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Kbird Win User

How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail

Reading Pane in Mail

Clicking on the 4 Lines puts you in Selection Mode , it isn't really like in, for example WLM, where you didn't need to have the reading pane open which checking the message list , but then when you clicked on the message to read it, it opened another window with the message.

This is not possible with Win10 Mail AFAIK (yet) though I was it was too. On a touch screen ,eg Surface Tablet, you can now double tap the message to open it in the same window but a double click on a desktop doesn't do that , at least for me.

Kbird, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail

1. How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail - Similar Threads - turn off Reading

2. Email/Reading Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email/Reading Pane: How do I turn off the pane completely so that my inbox fills the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emailreading-pane/09f6948f-d4d8-47e4-8590-725b98c36c02
  3. Win10 E-mail app, will not scroll the reading pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 E-mail app, will not scroll the reading pane: Win10 E-mail app, will not scroll the reading pane with my mouse scroll wheel. I have to use the scroll bars to navigate the reading pane. I tried a reset, and still no change. thank you...
  4. CANNOT SCROLL IN THE READING PANE IN WIN 10 MAIL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CANNOT SCROLL IN THE READING PANE IN WIN 10 MAIL: I CANNOT SCROLL IN THE READING PANE IN WIN 10 MAIL APP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-scroll-in-the-reading-pane-in-win-10-mail/e6afeeff-360d-44d5-b6dc-b3a3cada75e6
  5. How to turn off reading pane in the latest windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off reading pane in the latest windows mail app: I use Windows 10 1803 and I just can't handle the reading pane and it kinda sucks. It always consumes the space that could have been utilized by message previews and also could make it look less messy. The preview pane can not narrowed/shrink to zero so that it just doesn't...
  6. Mail Reading pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail Reading pane: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change the font size for all messages being read in the reading pane? I have adjusted the "view" settings, and have adjusted the size of the preview pane, but it seems that the sender's choices are overriding mine in the reading pane. It...
  7. Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared: Yesterday afternoon my mail app suddenly decided that I no longer wanted the reading pane off to the right side unless I am in full screen mode. If I open the window wider (but not full screen) it will either let me have the preview screen or the bar off to the left with the...
  8. reading pane in mail app not displaying images correctly

in Browsers and Email
    reading pane in mail app not displaying images correctly: Anyone else getting off center images in the reading pane of the mail app, it's getting annoying real quick. Hopefully there will be a update for the mail app soon to polish it off a bit. TC *Smile 16758
  9. Reading Pane in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail: Is there a way to turn off the reading Pane in the "Mail" app? Just wondering as its a pain in the arse. Thanks 52923
  10. How do I turn off the top pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I turn off the top pane in Windows 10: I have the preview and details panels turned off, and I also HAD this one turned off, but I accidentally changed something when I was trying to drag the folder. I've spend the past half hour clicking on everything I can possibly think of, and i'm out of ideas. And no web...